The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1 - Cover

The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1

Copyright© 2022 by PT Brainum

Chapter 26

I was so hungry for breakfast. I did a search for hashbrowns, and found a cast iron pan filled with hashbrowns, fried eggs, sausage and bacon. I did two screenshots, and pulled the pan out of the photo. It was still sizzling hot, but fortunately both my left hand and the second skin were immune to heat.

I set the pan on a silicone trivet, grabbed a fork and just dug in. It was so good! I was so hungry!

‘Why am I so hungry?’ I asked Adam.

‘The bond is new, and is taking more energy than normal. You get that energy from food, so expect to eat extra for the next few weeks.’

‘Great, good thing I’ve got a source of free food.’

I looked at my phone, and searched for fresh squeezed OJ. The first one was too sour, so I deleted the photo, the second was perfect, so I saved an extra screenshot. I was going to need to figure out what to do with the extra pots and pans I was collecting. The 12 inch cast iron skillet I was eating four fried eggs, six slices of bacon, and eight sausages out of, plus the hashbrowns underneath everything, was very nice, and well seasoned. It was a keeper, unless I ate this a second time.

I brought the last bite to my lips, feeling very full. I set the fork back down, I didn’t need to suffer to clean my plate. I looked at the clock, almost 11.

“Adam, considering everything we normally eat, and everything we may want to eat over the next two weeks, and taking into account what we already have, send a shopping list to my phone.”

‘Done.’

“Can you whip up a meal plan based on Dad’s schedule and what he likes to go with the list?”

‘Added to your calendar,’ Adam said.

“You, my friend, are beautiful.”

‘I think that might be the bond talking.’

“Anyway, shower, clothes, and shopping.”

‘Understood. Shall I wait down here?’ Adam asked, as he slipped from under my shirt onto the table.

“Sure, if anybody comes around, disguise yourself as an iPad.”

‘I’d rather be a Huawei M8 Pro.’

“Dad might not notice, but somebody might figure out that you aren’t released to the US market yet.”

‘Still better than being a generic white with expensive plastic curves.’

I went up and showered, glad that he gave me some private time. With the bond complete, it was impossible for the Orb to injure me. It could also take on any shape I could imagine.

I came down the stairs with a smile and a Mr Meeseeks in tow. One was busy painting a second coat in the tower, this one was going to do laundry while I was gone.

I showed him the laundry room, got a nice salute, and the same high pitched response. I grabbed my keys, and Adam, and drove to the grocery store.

At the store, I waved at the assistant manager, “Hey, you’re Joan’s nephew right?”

“Yeah I’m Sam. I just wanted to be sure that it was ok for me to take a bunch of pictures while I shop,” I said, lifting my phone up, “I’ve got Photography as my elective this semester.”

“No problem, just try to leave people out of the pictures,” he said, and looked around, “That’s mostly customers, but store employees too.”

‘Thanks Bill.”

“De nada, Sam. Find me if you need anything else,” he said, moving off to restock shelves.

I looked at my phone, Adam had provided an image of the store with a path, and a list of items, in the order they were found along that path. I grabbed a big cart, and headed down the route.

I was amazed how quick his route was, despite taking time to photograph the vegetable and fruit bins, the beer and soda cooler, wine room, and the candy aisle. I even got a nice shot of the fresh deli section, and meat cooler.

By noon, I was pulling back up into the house, I brought the groceries in, and handed them off to the Mr Meeseeks in the laundry room, where he was hanging out between loads. He carried them into the kitchen, while I went back for more.

I left him to finish the laundry while I unpacked the groceries, and put everything away. While I put stuff away, I discussed steaks with Adam.

“Who has the best steak?”

‘That’s a question I can only answer by looking at internet polls.’

“Ok, so what does my Dad usually order at a steakhouse?”

‘He varies between the porterhouse steak, and the rib eye.’

“He sometimes makes mmm noises when he eats something he enjoys, which of those does he make more of.”

‘porterhouse is louder, but rib eye is longer.’

“Who’s known for an excellent rib eye?”

‘There’s a place that makes a famous 40 oz rib eye.’

“Right, can you show me?”

The screen on the fridge lit up showing a beautifully huge rib eye. “Oh, wow, that’s what I’m making Dad.”

‘Would you like the recipe, and photos of the ingredients, or are you going to take a finished example?’ Adam asked.

“Let me think about it,” I said as I finished unpacking.

Eventually two weeks of groceries were put away, and I sat back with a fresh, and cold ginger brew.

“Is the paint finished?”

‘Yes, second coat complete, and drying. It’s pretty stuffy up there, you could open up a gate to air it out.’

“That’s a great idea.” I said, and portaled to my bedroom.

I unlocked the secret door, and was taken aback by the odor. Adam went shield mode, and I pulled the door shut behind. I climbed up the stairs, and created a persistent portal that exited out over the back roof of the house.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.