The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1 - Cover

The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1

Copyright© 2022 by PT Brainum

Chapter 16

After homeroom, I headed to Physics. Another huge book for my backpack. I texted the class info to Captain as I headed to Journalism, where I achieved the acquisition of another big, heavy book. I was thinking I either needed a locker, or to skip PE, cause I was already getting a work out.

PE was a blessing in disguise. It was mostly about getting us set up with our PE lockers, and the locks for them. I could access my PE locker anytime as the shower/locker area was adjacent to the gym with a separate entrance and bathrooms that serviced the center of the school.

I also ran into Captain in PE, and he selected a locker near mine. “Sorry about not texting you. If you pull a phone out in class they take it, and it gets sent to the office for a parent to collect.”

“No problem, I texted you between classes, how was Geometry?” I asked.

“Mr North seems like he’s a cool guy, but have you noticed how heavy these text books are?” he asked.

I agreed, as did several guys around us. The rest of PE involved viewing the facilities, and getting us organized and understanding what would be required on a daily basis. From dressing out and lining up in the gym for roll call, to gym days, and other scheduled activity. Mr Taft was a huge guy, but he seemed easy going as long as you were in the group doing the activity. He made it clear that if you were just going thru the motions it would affect your grade, he wanted us to push ourselves.

Captain, and Mike, a student that I had been in Journalism with headed with me to the cafeteria. We paid our five bucks and hit the buffet line. The tray wasn’t huge, but you could pile on all you wanted. If you needed seconds it was a second fiver, so everyone got as much as they thought they could eat the first time.

We got to know each other as we sat at a table. Another group soon joined, and Mike, being a long time resident, introduced the two of us as some of the new guys. I mostly listened, as the group chatted around us, and ate the salad I had built around a piece of meatloaf and garlic bread.

“Anybody have Economics next period?” I asked.

“With Mizz Kennedy? I thought you were a Sophomore?”

“I am, but my old school did social studies differently, so that’s where I’m at next period.”

“Wow, you’ll probably be the only sophomore there,” I was informed.

“That’s fine, the girls just get prettier,” I said to much laughter.

There was a huge line to get locker combinations at the office so I skipped it, and went and got my stuff out of the gym locker where I had left it. I would have considered making this my primary locker if I didn’t have to worry about the steam and locker room smells ruining my books.

I grabbed my stuff, and ignored the other occupants. It was a bit of a walk to get to Economics. Being that it was primarily a Junior class, it was in the Junior quarter of campus. I arrived early, and settled into a seat. I was hoping that this would be one of my most interesting classes.

The bell rang and the direct and strict Mizz Kennedy began by passing out another huge book.

“This class will be considering the history of economics, modern economic theory, and some light gaming to demonstrate concepts,” she began.

The tardy bell rang, and moments later a stunning blond with huge tracts of land came into the room, “I’m so sorry Mizz Kennedy, I thought this class was in the Tex Hill building.”

“I’ll excuse you today, Miss Gershon, but know that I expect you to remember where you belong, and be there in time tomorrow, now sit there,” she said, pointing at the seat next to mine.

She scooted into the seat next to mine, gave me a brief flash of a stunning smile, and mouthed ‘sorry’. Mizz Kennedy continued with her lecture laying out the principles we would be discussing, and the homework assigned for the day. I was surprised, but I guess that Junior classes get homework the first day, Sophomore classes so far were just telling us what to expect next week, making sure we were where we belonged, and handing out books.

Geometry with Mr North was exactly as described by Captain. He was friendly, helped us to understand the material, and willing to go as slow as the slowest student needed. I was sure I’d have an A, considering this seemed to be a class full of Juniors who had struggled with Algebra 1. I had achieved an A in Algebra, so I wondered if this was from my late entry into the school system, or because I had refused the AP track.

Finally, I arrived at Photography. I settled my massive burden next to a desk near the front, but far from the door. This class was near Geometry, so I had arrived quickly. I watched as others came in. There were a few obvious camera nerds, who entered with their expensive equipment.

“I’m Mr Parcels, and I’ll be teaching Photography this semester. There’s no Photography 1, 2, or more, instead what we have are those interested in the subject from all skill levels. I expect you all to learn from each other, as even the least skilled photographer can demonstrate a unique point of view.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.