Covid Daze - Cover

Covid Daze

Copyright© 2022 by Von_in_your_Mind

Chapter 59

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 59 - The journey of a man as he find himself trapped in the Pandemic. Locked down in a most unusal way and dealing with the tragedies of the past while living for the present and an eye to the future.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Mult   Consensual   Fiction   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   Enema   Oral Sex  

I was sitting in a small restaurant in a back corner the older man seated opposite me was the CEO of the trucking company whose truck had crashed into my wife and daughter’s vehicle killing them instantly. We were just looking at each other for a moment.

“I am very sorry that the accident happened and for all the pain and suffering you have experienced from that and now from the legal team we employ.”

“Thank you for saying that but they follow your directions in the end, and you chose to follow this path.”

“It is the standard way that these lawsuits are litigated.”

“You will find that I am not much for their standards.”

“I have and rue the day we did not just find an adequate settlement for you and move past it.”

“There was never going to be a moving past it. Put yourself in my shoes and tell me how you allow money to move you past it.”

He looked at me and then down and shook his head. “I understand and for the most money is enough.”

“You have researched me; hell, your legal team has tried to interfere in my business operations and connections. I trust you understand why I chose to go scorched earth at that point.”

“Another reason I am here rather than an attorney. I was told not to come and to let them handle it. Their handling of it is costing me dearly. How did you do what you did?”

“That was my attorney’s take also then again it’s only money and one should never hurt a member of a fraternity of one percenters.”

“One percenters?’ he questioned.

“When you go to the Sheriff’s academy the first speech you get is that you’re in the top one percent of the population. You’re told that to them it means nothing they will decide after you have passed the academy and your probation if you are worthy.”

“That’s how you were able to have all of our trucks inspected at every opportunity?”

“We have blogs and magazines too.”

“We can come to a settlement and work past this all?” he questioned.

“Ever have someone tell you what your wife and children’s lives are worth?”

“Not in so many words, no”

“I have in so many words.”

“Again, I would say how sorry I am but that is just a weak platitude now.”

“Exactly.”

“Can I ask how you got our internal records on training and breaches?”

“It’s only money” I replied.

“I have all the state and federal transportation agencies in each state reviewing every record now.”

“I have an empty house that used to be my home,” I replied.

“How do you see us moving forward because before long it will not be me making that decision as I will be gone.”

“Self-preservation is a keen motivator.”

He laughed. “It’s that old joke of the farmer and the mule.”

“Want to guess who is who now?”

“We thought you were off course and now you’re the one swinging the two-by-four and not us.”

“Your team went beyond when you started to include my business. That’s a separate issue to be resolved now.”

“Always more complications when lawyers get involved.” He replied.

“We have been at this for so long now I don’t know what I want any longer, to be honest.”

“I have a list that we can work on and agree to if you’re ready for that.”

“I’m ready for it to be over.”

“I can’t offer a cash settlement. That’s a nonstarter with my legal team. If you want the hundred, we will pay it.”

“I never wanted the hundred. I wanted your attention.”

“And we did just what you thought we would and ignored it.”

“Exactly.”

“So, a number?”

“I can’t you choose what’s agreeable in your opinion and make the offer. I’ll accept it via my attorney.”

“I am in no place to ask for a favor, but I will anyways. Please let your fraternity know that we are going to run by the rules now.”

“That I can do. They simply were as upset at your actions as I was and only did their professional duties you understand.”

“Of course.”

“What about your business losses?”

“Reach out to partner, her name is Katie and find a legitimate way to work this forward with her services.”

“No cash settlement?”

“Would you rather have a cash settlement or an honest partner to help you in the areas you need help in?”

“Got it, we’ll reach out.”

“Once the states and feds are done with their pound of flesh you need to change your business practices in the training and reporting.”

“I expect a special master from them at some point. We will take our lumps and come out stronger on the other side is my hope.”

“When you change the culture that seems to happen”

“I have been waiting to finish this to begin that culture shift beyond the simple compliance of the new orders.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.