Matty Groves Redux - Cover

Matty Groves Redux

by Crunchy

Copyright© 2021 by Crunchy

Historical Story: Re-examining an old folk-song.

Caution: This Historical Story contains strong sexual content, including Historical   Tear Jerker   .

Matty Groves, Arlands Wife, blah blah, ok...:

The little sneak he listened well and craftily did he hide, then he ran he over the land so wide and swam over the tide,

and n’er did stop till he arrives at the Great Lord Arland’s side, to tell him woeful betide!

“What News, what News that brings you here across the Land and Sea, My Home Hall burned, My King at War, my Lady with Baby?”

Thine Hall is Sound, Thine King at Peace, your lady is not dead, but that Matty Groves is in your Hall and likely in your bed I saw him in your lady’s arms and how his face was red.

The Page soon realized his mistake and terror filled his eyes for the reaction he saw on his own Lord’s face it took him by surprise, he hadn’t been too wise!

Lord Arland took him by the throat and called him every name, like adder-stoat and wicked cur and gossiping pixie brain, as he choked from him his airs.

For spying on my wife you Dog you’ve earned a traitors grave, who gave you leave to judge my wife and to yourself take my affairs? My own private affairs!

No doubt you’ve prattled your poison news both far and also wide as you scurried all unbidden here across the land and tide, to hurry to my side!

Your reckless words have mayhap to my lady given injury- as for my whole estate perhaps it’s not to late but you’ve murdered poor Matty Groves. you’ve Martyred Matty Groves!

I have a loving fertile Wife, and I have my daughters three, but for Hearth and Hall and King and Land I’d have traded three for one, I’d have traded them for a Son!

I’ve also six daughters left out, among the fields and hay, their mothers kept well every one and never a bastard Son, I’d have welcomed a bastard Son!

A Sonless Lord He is no Lord for soon as he is gone, his lands marry off with the hand of his Wife to some unworthy one, to some Noble’s lesser son.

A barren Wife must be put aside in spite of love or cheer, for without a Son a Lord is undone most certain and without Cure, for Sonless there is no Cure.

Matty Groves he has six sons who work hard and are without sin, and each one appears to resemble me more and why not he’s my father’s kin, Mattys’ my father’s kin.

No daughters has he ever Born from his own Lady wise, and so the plan which you’ve meddled in was so formed and was devised, The Plan was well devised.

This whole procession thorough the lands and even over the Sea, was just a ruse to clear the way for Matty’s delivery, His rescuing of me.

For Matty Grove He loves his King, and he loves his sons and wife, and he loves his cousin Arland, for whom he’ll give his life, He has now to pay that price.

Take this arrogant wag-a-tongue and make it cease it’s spite, for because of him and more the sin I must take poor Matty’s life, a very costly price.

In cold forgot unhallowed ground they left his Clay to fall, and slowly as dirge is sung, they headed for Home Hall, Mourners one and all!

Lord Arland’s Son, he has only one- is beloved by his Men, but he never will know the respect they show is also for Matty Groves- the Martyred Matty Groves!

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.