The Richard Jackson Saga - Cover

The Richard Jackson Saga

Copyright© 2021 by Banadin

Chapter 44

New Year’s Day was a traditional day at our house. We watch the Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl and all the other bowls being broadcast. Ohio State didn’t make any of the bowls this year so that was disappointing.

We rooted for Iowa against California. If it had been Michigan playing for the Big Ten we would have rooted for the other guys. There is no bias in this house; hatred is a more accurate description when it comes to Michigan and football.

The best part of the Rose Parade is the segments where they show the floats being made. That was really interesting. It would have been nice to see them in color. Dad told us he had read in Popular Mechanics that a few programs were being broadcast in color but you needed a special television set.

These were very expensive and the color not that great. We would wait till prices came down and the technology got better with more programming available. I figured that might be in twenty or thirty years.

This was the one day of the year we were allowed to eat food in front of the television. Mum believed in the family sitting at the table to eat. Don’t get her started on those new TV Dinners and TV dinner trays. She thought those were the invention of the devil.

We talked about the dance last night. When the other kids weren’t in the room; my parents observed that Cheryl and I seemed to be at it “hot and heavy.”

There wasn’t much I could say as they had seen us.

“Rick, that is normal. All we ask is that you don’t make us grandparents yet.”

Oh boy, this is territory I don’t even want to think about. Are they going to give me the birds and the bees talk?

Dad continued, “I’m not going to give you the birds and the bees talk. The playground has taken care of that. I would like to urge you to take it slow. You could really mess up yours and Cheryl’s lives at a young age.”

“Dad, I have never been alone with Cheryl.”

“That is my point if what we saw last night was any indication we will need to keep you two on leashes.”

“What can I say?”

“You can’t say anything. It is your future actions that count. Just remember that if Cheryl becomes pregnant that both of your lives are headed in a direction that you may not be ready for.”

“I know I’m not ready to be married and a father.”

“Then keep it in your pants.”

How could Dad be saying these things in front of Mum? She must be embarrassed to death.

“As long as you stop short of intercourse you will be safe but it’s up to you to be the one to stop,” added Mum.

So much for Mum being embarrassed.

Dad continued, “Cheryl is a good girl and she knows that she will be the one whose life is really changed if she gets pregnant. But she is human. Sex is what it is about at your age. You both will explore. We just urge you not to take that final step until the time is right.”

Mum broke in, “The right time is preferably after a wedding, college degrees and a job. We will settle for being old enough to support a family.”

I didn’t think this was a good time to bring up the fact that I had made enough money in the last year to support ten families.

Dad went on, “There is another thing Rick, you are a good looking guy that is big for his age. At the end of this month, you will be working in California on a movie set. Lord knows what will go on there. I will be giving you a box of condoms before you leave, but would be most happy if it came back unopened.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.