Everyone Loves Karen - Cover

Everyone Loves Karen

Copyright© 2021 by happyhugo

Chapter 4: Connecting with Kim

I walked back to the living room expecting my meeting with Miss Donaldson would take place there. Winnie met me instead, with a message. “Jim, Kim will meet you in her rooms.” I went upstairs and knocked on her door.

Faintly I heard, “Come in.” I opened the door to her small ante-room.

I was directed from another room, “Please sit. I will only be a minute.”

Kimberly came out in jeans and a tee shirt. I didn’t get time to examine her as much as I would like to have and I kept my eyes on her face. Maybe she would move around while speaking and I could see more of what she looked like.

“I changed so we could talk comfortably. Here in my rooms you may call me Kim.”

While she was saying this, I rose up out of the chair. “Kim, you said we should talk. I think I’m the person most unknowing about this situation. Why don’t you tell me how you came to be here and some about your life?”

“I was going to do the questioning first, but I can talk about myself. First, I have been working for your father only a few months. I think he likes me and likes what I have been doing for him. I have had a good education, but on completion of it, I found myself without family and I thought I would have funds enough to have a life of ease. That hasn’t happened. Three days ago, your father came into work sputtering about you and how crude and obnoxious you were at some gathering he took you to. Were you?”

I grinned. “He thinks I was and I’ll tell you why not after you finish telling me how this came about.”

“Fair enough. Not knowing you or what really happened, I starting quoting some book on proper behavior and how it should have been handled. He offered me the position of straightening you out and teaching you how you should behave. After tonight and meeting you, I don’t think I am up to the task. You seem to be sharp and a bit ahead of me. I suspect I won’t be working here long and I will have lost my position in your father’s office as well. I do like working for your father and I am going to miss being in his office.”

“That would be a shame and most likely would be my fault for you losing your position. I won’t be responsible so maybe we can work together and keep the old man happy enough to keep you on. Has he had you in his bed yet? If he hasn’t, I believe he intends to. That would set you up for life.”

“Not a question I’ll answer. It would be a major turning point in my life and I’m not sure I would enjoy that way of living. Why don’t you tell me about your life? It is obvious that you and your father don’t get along. Do you want to tell me why?”

“Sure, since it is so obvious. I thought Dad and Mom were totally in love. And I thought it broke his heart when she died. That was about three years ago. He was bringing home bimbos within six weeks of her passing. I was young and couldn’t forgive him for letting her go and then so soon turning away from the happy home life we had.

“Before Mom died, she told me all about love and how wonderful her life was for her with Dad. Someday, she said, and I quote, ‘you will find the love of your life just like I have. It is just so sad for your father that I won’t be here with him. Now, you be kind to him when I’m gone. He is a good man, and I trust you two together, will get through this.’

“Kim, it didn’t happen.”

“It seems like both of you were looking for solace from someone and neither of you found it. You should have found it with each other rather than these other persons.”

“I guess. On a different subject, did Dad tell you that next Saturday the three of us are going out for dinner and a concert?”

“No, he hasn’t mentioned it.” Kim was distressed and began pacing around the small room. I had the chance to observe her that I had wished for. “Oh dear, I don’t have a thing to wear.”

“I can help you there. Let me make a phone call.”

I pulled out my phone and dialed. “Ramona, I have a problem. Dad brought home a woman to teach me how to behave, and possibly, she will become my step-mom. Kimberly needs to go shopping for a dress. She could stand more than one. Nicki could help her if she is in tomorrow.”

“Why Nicki?

Because Kim is about the same size as Nicki. The dress size possibly will be a tall size seven or eight. She should have all day so maybe the alterations could be made while she waits. Besides that, Nicki knows where I live. She can pick Kim up and drive the Mini.”

“I’ll see that she does. Maybe Sarah will go with them. What time?”

“Kim, what time, can you be ready?”

“I like to shop early when the stores open.”

“Have Nicki pick Kim up about eight thirty here and she will be ready. I’ll have Kimberly Donaldson’s name added to my card before she needs to use it. I’ll be in my office by seven anyway and do it when I reach there.”

Kim asked, “What have you just done?”

“Well, I want my soon to be new Step-mom dressed nice when we go out as a family unit the first time. I just arranged it. You’ll love the selection they have where Nicki is taking you. Dresses aren’t too costly, either. As for using my card, I’ve done this for female friends before. And no, I didn’t bed them either.”

“Nicki, or none of them?” I shrugged as if ‘what could I say?’

“Look, Nicki is a great person about your age and size. By the way how old are you?”

“Jimmy that’s a no, no. You shouldn’t ask a woman her age.”

“Let’s see, you look about thirty-two, but you take care of your skin, so I’m betting you are about thirty-five.’ I laughed, “Oh, forget I asked.”

“You’re an irritating individual.”

“I can be. Back to Nicki, you’ll be laughing all the while you are together with the girls. If Sarah is with her, it’ll be just that much more fun. Besides, rather than me telling you about me, you’ll be finding out for yourself what your soon-to-be-step-son is like.”

“I don’t think that my being your step-mom is going to happen. How come you have enough money to buy clothes for me?”

“Because it is just one of the cards I have. Dad is putting money into it tomorrow if he hasn’t done it tonight. I do get a liberal allowance.”

“Name the cards.”

“I have my business card and the card I use if something needs fixing here at home. The one I handed you is used for my entertainment.”

“I have the feeling you have some pet denigrating name for the card and it has to do with sex.”

“You could be correct. I just don’t want to be accused of being a boor twice in one night so I’m not divulging the name I use.”

“Jim, what is your business? Does your father know what you do? He said you didn’t do anything. You’ve just graduated and he is concerned you will fritter your life away while he pays for it.”

I grinned at Kim. “Please don’t tell him otherwise. If he would open his eyes, he would see how much work I do here at home. Every week with a home of this size, it always needs someone to do the upkeep. I direct what needs doing inside and out. Look outside when you have time and see how I’ve kept up Mom’s flower beds.

“I don’t do the work physically, but it is all under my direction. I work with Rachael, the housekeeper, on this. She tells Dad when she needs money for upkeep. I play tennis to keep in shape afternoons, and I have been studying a certain subject since I began getting my Pussy Allowance and met the woman I just called for a car. I’ll get a chunk of money distributed from Mom’s estate in another two years. I know my subject already, and I’ve started full time.”

“Wow, I think I just woke up a sleeping giant. I also just learned two things about you. You are the busiest person I know and I know the name on the card is Pussy Allowance.”

“I don’t really call it that any longer. I was just a kid when Dad first gave me some money to go get laid. I’m of age now and I don’t look at life so foolishly.

“Look, Kim, I think we have talked enough tonight. I’ve shared much more than I intended too. I also think your work here will be a little more enjoyable and less difficult than you thought at dinner this evening. So, I’ll see you when you stop into my office tomorrow afternoon. Okay?”

“Okay, Jimmy. Goodnight.”

Father was waiting down stairs when I came down. “Did Miss Donaldson give you some instructions on how things are going to be, now that she is living here?”

“We talked and I listened. I told her you were planning on taking us out to a concert. She said she didn’t have a dress to wear. Arrangements are made already for her to go dress shopping tomorrow. She is all set.”

“You treat her nice tomorrow while with her.”

“I’m not going to be with her shopping, although I’m to meet her late in the afternoon so we will be here in time for dinner.”

“Who will she be going with?”

“A couple of women I know. I’m sure she will have fun. Goodnight, Dad.” I turned once to see my Dad still looking after me. Needless to say, I didn’t get much sleep. The many things that I had never shared with my father, I was afraid were soon going to be out in the open. How much he found out from her would depend on Kim. –––––––––––––––––––––––

I reached the city just a little past my usual time. I went upstairs to Ramona’s. Nicki was there hunched over a cup of coffee. “Who is this woman I’m supposed to take dress shopping?”

“She is someone my father hired to give me culture and couth. I went to father’s club on his demand not long ago. I was pissed of having to go. I made an ass of myself in front of his crowd.”

“I doubt that. What did you really do?”

“I was talking to our Edna who just happened to be with her husband, Frank, Father’s friend. You went to their wedding. Father made more of it than what it was. Frank was laughing about it, but didn’t correct Dad. This is his way of payback.” I paused then, “Actually, I think there is some idea in Dad’s mind of Kimberly being my Step-mom. She didn’t seem too excited about it, though. Anyway, she is off limits to me and to keep things from exploding, I agreed.

“Nicki, thanks for making coffee. I saw the Sunday papers and things are happening in the commodities market. I’ll have a busy day today.”

“Before you go, Jimmy, tell me what this woman of your father’s is like?”

“I know very little about her. I’ve had only one conversation with her. I think she likes my father well enough, but is a little afraid of not living up to what he has charged her with doing concerning me. I take it she is living paycheck to paycheck and is afraid of losing her position.

“The one conversation without my father being present showed me that she is intelligent. She’s not unattractive, tall thin and carries herself well. She does exude an air of being upper crust so I’m guessing she was from a family who had money at one time and ended it up by losing everything.”

I was anxious to get to the day ahead of me and excused myself. I walked up the stairs and into our small, cramped office. Matt Hagar was typing up a list of commodities he would advise me to look at. I would do this and then decide what trades and adjustments I would make after looking up the trends, bits of news, and op-ed stories that were relevant concerning these commodities. I would give this list back to Matt who would contact our broker Monday who would make the trades.

We had a system that I developed after we met. Matt had some short-comings, and of course, I started out three years ago with no knowledge about trading in any market. Hell, I didn’t even know what the market was he referred to.

Matt was good at this. Next week I would be the one calling the broker because I would be nineteen on Monday, the first day of next week. This was the deal I made with Matt three years ago when I first got some money to go get laid. Father knew I lived at home, but he ignored me and I did the same to him.

Three years of this, Uug! These thoughts came into my mind as they often did. I guess he thought if he threw some money at me, he was being a good parent. I was careful not to go to the well too often. And from now on––I wouldn’t have to go at all!

It was beginning to get busy because end of the year would be on the last day of the month. Contracts were to be filled by that day. Matt and I were selling out many of the options we were holding. Today, we were taking a break and would be downstairs for a late lunch. I knew that Caroline was in Ramona’s kitchen making sandwiches for us. Karen was there from preschool and serving us.

Just as we sat down, Nicki and Sarah came in with Kimberly. Kimberly was all smiles so I knew she had found something to wear. She had. “Jimmy, I bought the most beautiful gown. I also got a wrap to complement it. Together they didn’t cost more than a decent dress at J C Pennys. I will pay you back from my next paycheck.”

“Whatever, take your time. Did you have fun?”

“I had a blast. I’m going to do all my shopping at the Warehouse from now on. I have never heard of that place and have lived here all my life.”

“You do understand that what they have there are recycled, don’t you.”

“I do, but everything is just like new.”

Just then Karen came out with our sandwiches. “Mommy wants to know if everyone wants sandwiches. She has enough fillings to make more.”

“I could eat one.” The two others said they could too.

The door opened and Edna stood there. “Hi gang. I have a few minutes and thought I would stop by. Hi Jimmy, has your father gotten over his snit of you talking to me at the club the other night?”

I started laughing and turned to Kim, “Kim, Edna is the lady who caused Dad to be so upset with me. Dad thought I was hitting on her. I’m friends with her and Frank, her husband. I knew Edna before she married Frank, meeting her when I first came here to Ramona’s. Edna, this is the person who Dad has hired to teach me how to act out properly in public.”

Nicky, Sarah and Edna all began laughing. Edna spoke, “You’re going to have an easy job of teaching Jimmy how to behave. We women have taught Jimmy how to act in all kinds of situations. You’ll see if you stay around long. I wish Ramona was here so you could meet her. She is the person who has taught us all. In a way Jim’s Dad had it right to give Ramona’s name so Jimmy could get laid. As far as we know he hasn’t gotten laid yet, but has learned a lot since he came.”

“I don’t understand?”

Just then, Caroline came in and placed a plate of sandwiches on the table. “Hi girls.”

The three women said hi to Caroline. I introduced Caroline to Kimberly. “Caroline is a long term tenant who lives in the back apartment. Karen is her daughter. She and I are close. Close enough so that we will be marrying on Labor Day weekend. I don’t know which day yet. I fell in love with Karen first before I did Caroline.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.