Jacqueline's Emerald - Cover

Jacqueline's Emerald

Copyright© 2021 by Rachael Jane

Chapter 2: Into a Trap

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 2: Into a Trap - Jacqueline recalls her adventures in early 1808 which lead her to cease her life as a ship's boy. Perhaps it's as well as she's 18 years old and only a blind man could fail to notice that she's a woman. In the course of her travels she helps desperate people, and rescues damsels in distress. But it comes at a high price to Jacqueline which even some much needed sexual relief can't recompense.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Anal Sex   Safe Sex  

“Are you related to the Sánchez shipping magnates?” I ask.

“Yes,” replies Pedro. “Our father and uncles run the various parts of the business. But they’re no help to us at the moment. All their ships on this side of the Atlantic have been commandeered by either the French or Spanish navies. That’s why we needed to charter your ship.”

We make a brief stop in Casablanca in case the Petrel discharged its passengers there. Although there’s no sign of the missing women, we at least learn of a plausible explanation of what happened to the Petrel in the Cape Verde Islands. It appears the Petrel‘s captain, Angus McTavish, had a number of mistresses in different ports, none of whom were aware of the others. That is, until recently, when his mistress in Casablanca learned of the existence of his mistress in the Cape Verde Islands. There is some suggestion the two mistresses met in the Cape Verde Islands and McTavish arrived there to a very hot reception. There are different versions of what happened next, but all of them involve a very unhappy time for McTavish. It is possible, therefore, that the Petrel was acquired by the Portuguese pirate by legitimate means, rather than capturing the ship while at sea.

We can’t be certain though, and none of the rumours and stories give us any clue as to the fate of Pedro’s and Sophie’s kin. But we should be able to find out something once we arrive in the Cape Verde Islands, which are now only a day away if this wind holds.

As we get closer to the Cape Verde Islands we need to work out what to do when we get there. One of my crew, Mattis, was born on one of the islands and knows many of the islands quite well. I ask Mattis, Pedro and Sophie to join me in the main cabin so we can work out a plan.

Mattis firstly describes the islands to us. There are ten inhabited islands, all volcanic, spread over 1,500 square miles of ocean. The islands are a Portuguese colony and small Portuguese garrisons are stationed on two of the islands. The main towns are Praia on the island of Santiago, Mindelo on Sāo Vicente, and Sāo Filipe on Fogo. Mattis recommends Mindelo as our first port of call as it is not only the closest to us, but its deep harbour attracts more shipping than Praia or Sāo Filipe.

If those we seek have not been captured by pirates then Mattis believes they are likely to be at Mindelo or Praia. If they are prisoners of pirates, then Fogo or one of the smaller islands are likely to be where they’re held. Assuming, that is, they haven’t been taken further afield and sold as slaves. If that fate has befallen them then we have very little chance of ever finding them.

A shout from the lookout confirms my navigation has been accurate and we are approaching the island of Sāo Vicente. We should reach Mindelo by late afternoon. Mattis speaks both the local creole and Portuguese. Apparently many of the islands’ traders also speak some Spanish and French, so we should be able to get around any language difficulties. We split into two groups when we dock. Pedro, Felipe and Carlos make enquiries with the local Portuguese officials while Mattis, Sophie and I do the rounds of the local traders and merchants.

Mattis advises against carrying too many weapons. Although the islands are home to slave traders and the occasional pirate, they are generally peaceful, and soldiers of the Portuguese garrison would arrest anyone who looked as though they were going to cause trouble. So the weapons we carry are small and well concealed.

Mindelo is a lot smaller than I thought it would be and there is only a small market, most of which is closed for the rest of the day. After a fruitless hour of searching we find an inn and stop for a drink. We’ve had no word from Pedro, Felipe, and Carlos. I hope they’ve had more success than us. We are due to meet back at the Zomorod in an hour’s time.

We are sitting around a table, not knowing what to do next, when music starts up from the far corner of the inn. We realise an area has been cleared for a stage. There is to be a performance of some sort and we move nearer to watch. A short while later, two young women come dancing onto the stage and Sophie’s mouth drops open in astonishment. She quickly informs Mattis and I that there on the stage before us are Renata and Victoria, giving a very sensual dance for the thirty or so men and women crowded around the stage. Their performance is well appreciated and when it finishes a few coins are thrown in their direction from a grateful audience.

They leave the stage through a back door and as quick as a flash I follow them. Only to be stopped the second I pass through the door by a knife pointing at my throat. Foolish, careless girl. I gulp and try to see who has pulled the knife on me. Sophie is close behind me and promptly calms her Aunt Maria’s wrath. Her aunt is obviously acting as minder for Renata and Victoria, to make sure none of the audience come looking for extra entertainment from the young women. She fortunately recognises Sophie before any harm comes to me, and they are soon all embracing each other.

Renata and Victoria quickly change into street clothes and the five of us join Mattis. But where is Isabella? I am hoping Maria will say that she is nearby, but unfortunately they only have bad news to give us. I suggest we all return to the Zomorod and catch up with the others so we can all hear the details of Maria’s, Renata’s and Victoria’s story at the same time.

It is approaching midnight when we finish talking. As we had suspected McTavish had been ambushed by his angry mistresses and had quickly sold the Petrel in a vain attempt to buy his way out of trouble. The sale of the ship left the four women stranded and with very little money. A local Portuguese businessman, José Pardal, offered to help by providing rooms in his house on the island of Fogo.

After a week or so the women realised something was wrong, and suspected Pardal was up to no good. They became convinced he was arranging for them to be sold as slaves to some private buyer. Under the cover of darkness the women climbed out of his compound and made their way to the harbour. But their escape hadn’t gone unnoticed and in the chase which followed Isabella was recaptured. Maria wanted to stop and rescue Isabella, but there were too many armed men with Pardal. So Maria, Victoria and Renata stole a small boat and sailed north, eventually ending up in Mindelo. Since then they have been making ends meet by dancing in the local inn where their act has become popular.

But they have been powerless to help Isabella. They tried going to the Portuguese authorities but as soon as they mentioned José Pardal, and where Isabella was being held, the authorities lost interest. The man obviously has powerful connections and he effectively operates above the law. I’ve come across a pirate by the name of Eduardo Pardal in my travels, and I hope this Pardal isn’t related to that nasty piece of scum.

We waste no time setting sail for Fogo the next morning. Within an hour we can see the top of what must be a massive volcano on the horizon. Mattis confirms it is the island of Fogo which simply consists of a 10,000 foot tall volcano rising out of the sea. A few scattered towns and villages cling to the shoreline. Unfortunately Maria, Renata and Victoria don’t know the name of the village where Pardal’s compound is located, but from their description of the harbour where they stole the boat, Mattis is sure it is Sāo Filipe. There are few other places on the island where boats can safely reach the shoreline, so we are confident that we are on the right track.

Although we first sighted Fogo early in the morning it is nearly lunchtime by the time we reach Sāo Filipe. By now the volcano towers above us and it’s quite intimidating. Mattis assures us the volcano hasn’t erupted for many years and we would have plenty of time to get away should it show any inclination to erupt now. I hope he’s right.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.