A Ten Pound Bag - Cover

A Ten Pound Bag

Knucklehead House Press

Chapter 72: A Feverish Interlude

I awoke in what appeared to be a small lodge house.

This I knew because as a kid we had toured replica native villages on school trips. We had to write up papers on them in our fifth grade year, I was a highly competitive over-achiever as the second son. I made Mom take me back to the village so I could get everything right for that paper. The entire over-achieving thing went away when my parents divorced during my sixth-grade year.

Childhood complaints be damned, I was now in 1822 and in a lodge house somewhere in eastern Nebraska.

And I had no clothes.

I really like clothes, particularly when I wake up in a strange lodge house. It’s not that I have a problem with nudity, I just like that security in a strange place.

Brin was there.

He was nude also.

Brin was always nude so it wasn’t quite the same.

I couldn’t hold a thought.,

My shoulder and my side were on fire, I think I had lost a lot of blood. I think I had an infection. My packs were there, I dug in and found my first aid kit. I ate down a low-dose codeine from a sampler pack, some horse penicillin followed right behind.

I rolled over and someone was offering me water, I drank it and lay down to explore the dream world again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.