A Ten Pound Bag - Cover

A Ten Pound Bag

Knucklehead House Press

Chapter 188: House Hunting

Editor: nnpdad

There was fun to be had and I intended to have it. This guy here in front of me was just bragging about how he ripped me off right before Sinclaire walked in - how much more fun could this get? To make matters even better Mickey chose that moment to show up as well. I simply handed him the cash purse and told him to take over. I then invited my two new friends out back for a conversation; if I thought they had gone pale before, I was wrong. I got to see a whole new color of pale and they reeked of fear. I pointed to the back door and then gathered up three glasses to follow them.

I sat down in my reluctant rocker and pointed at the chairs on the other side of the small table for them. While they arranged themselves I poured out three measures of my private stock and offered them each a glass.

“I propose a toast to open and honest business dealings now and into the future!” I said as I raised my glass.

Well the guy who was bragging about the deal looked like he was about to have a stroke but his friend seemed to be relaxing a little bit. Sadly his friend didn’t enjoy his drink like we did, loss for him. I decided to jump right in.

“Now gentlemen, I assume you heard how happy Ms. Sinclaire was when she came just moments ago. I also assume that none of us here want to do anything to lessen that happiness.” That got me two instant bobble-heads as Mr. Realtor-wannabe couldn’t decide if yes or no was the correct answer.

“I also assume that you’ve heard quite a bit about me since I was down here last. I do want to point out that it’s all probably exaggerated. I’ve not heard the stories but I’m sure they make me out to be some more than I really am.”

Stares. They just stared at me.

“So compensation is now the question and since I’m going to have a large presence down here I’m sure we can help each other. Firstly, I’m looking for a house to use when I visit; I do have a nice home in Rulo but I plan to travel through here frequently so I’d like a nice one here, too. I’m hoping you can recommend something.

“Secondly, Claire’s Café. We’re just starting up right now but I’m sure come spring it will be fully operational with a trained staff and, yes, we train our cooks. We will also be offering a private dining room suitable for up to twelve guests should you have business meetings you need to hold.

“It would seem to me that if you were to frequently hold meetings at the café all could be forgotten and water under the bridge. That is, if we can come to an understanding.” That being said I sat back and waited for them to think. I gave them a moment while I walked into the bar and grabbed three beers stopping to have a very quick chat with each employee as I went by. Beers delivered, I sat back down, lit a cigarette and waited to hear what they had to say.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.