Delusional Dreams - Cover

Delusional Dreams

Copyright© 2020 by Vincent Berg

05: Taking a Tyke on a Phenomenal Trip

Fiction Sex Story: 05: Taking a Tyke on a Phenomenal Trip - Offered telepathic, psychedelic mushrooms by someone murdered due to what he learned using them, Theo Muller wrestles with his troubled path, uncertain future and his undeniable yet unclear role in God's plans.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Voyeurism  

... as Donovan once said,
“I go to my own church in my own temple once a day.”
I think people who need a church should go.
And the others who know the church is in your own head
should visit that temple because that’s where the source is.
We’re all God. Christ said,
“The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.”

John Lennon

“It’s wonderful seeing you again, Natalie,” Theo said, releasing her from an emotional hug. “It’s been a long time since we shot the breeze in the dining hall, or shared concerts on the quad.”

“I never would’ve made it without you calming me, keeping me centered and helping me relax and sleep after those week-long cram sessions. So, how’s everything going? How’s the dissertation progressing? I image the work and pressure at such a high-prestige university is intense.”

Theo looked down, pulling back a bit. “I’m no longer at Johns Hopkins. I applied to a new program at a small regional college, in an entirely new field.”

Her eyes dilated, but she covered her response well. “So, how is Jennifer coping? It must be stressful switching to a new campus. Restarting from scratch twice has to be overwhelming.” She grinned. “You were clearly besotted. You were so cute, stumbling all over yourself.”

Glancing down again, his voice dropped to a barely audible whisper. “She wasn’t as sotted. In fact, she wasn’t sott at all!”

She froze, touching her throat. “That’s terrible. I thought you were perfect together.” She paused. “Weren’t you planning to mar...” she began, before catching herself. “What happened?”

Despite their long platonic relationship, Natalie was a cutie, with curly blond hair, piercing blue eyes and a subtle, surprising smile. Though a bit heavier than when they last met, she looked healthy, and her new home appeared comfortable. Not at all like their spartan dorm rooms.

Theo waved his hand, glancing toward the street. “It was ... mutual. It just didn’t work out.”

She embraced him, whispering in his ear. “That’s so sad.” Backing away quickly, she stepped back, drawing him in. “What about your progress? What’s the new school, and what are you studying now?”

Theo glanced around, searching for Natalie’s boyfriend. “I’m now at Wintervale, a small liberal-arts college, working towards a doctorate in psychology.”

“Psychology? Hmm,” she said, considering him. “It sounds like things haven’t been going well. I suspected this visit wasn’t about catching up on old times. I’m guessing it’s pretty serious.”

Theo checked the living room beyond them before speaking. “Is your boyfriend around? I don’t mind if he is, but I’d rather not go into this more than once.”

“No, in a rare demonstration of trust, he went to bed, letting me welcome you on my own. Though he grumbled about my staying up.”

“That’s just as well. You’re right. Someone was killed at the school, and while I wasn’t involved, I saw the men who did it. Given what they undoubtedly asked the victim, they’re likely after me too. In fact, I’m certain they are.”

“Is this life threatening?” she asked, before pausing. “Are Nate and I in any danger?”

“No. I was careful, not leaving any clues where I went. The last thing I want is to endanger either of you. But I don’t have any other options, and these people are relentless. If they had any idea where I was, I wouldn’t be here.”

“What the heck did you get involved in? I can’t picture a nerd like you getting into anything perilous. You were never the type to fool around, party, take drugs or even drink much.”

“No, the victim was part of my ongoing sleep clinic research. We learned something certain people would rather we hadn’t, and he stupidly revealed it. I’m convinced the person he told reported it, and they called in a cleaning squad.”

“Wait, you mean the type from the old movies, where they go in and clean up after a murder?”

“Worse. The guys they send in to take care of potentially embarrassing situations by eliminating anyone capable of revealing the truth. You’re in no danger, but I need to lie low until I figure out how to deal with this.” He glanced at the door he just entered. “I’m sure they’ve put an ‘observe and report’ alert with the local authorities, so we should get my car off the street. Even if we have to drive it into a canal somewhere unnoticed.”

“There’s no need for anything so drastic,” she cautioned. “We’ll move it to the garage. If no one sees anything, they won’t question it.”

“Thanks, that’s a load off my mind. Normally, the cops wouldn’t touch this with a ten-foot pole, but when a high-level agency makes a request, it’s difficult saying no.”

“Should I ask what you discovered?” she pressed.

“No, it would only expose you too. It’s safer if I keep everyone in the dark—at least for now.”

“What about the police? Surely you could report them, or ask for protection?”

“Not unless I can document something incriminating about an established criminal or a specific crime. But anything these people have done is strictly off the radar, and they intend keeping it that way.

“My focus is remaining alive. I can always resume my graduate studies later. Besides, I haven’t even submitted a proposal, but these folks won’t forget outstanding risks. I’m hoping I can figure out the next step once I get some rest. I’ve been on the run for hours, taking the less-patrolled back roads that are largely unmonitored.”

“Don’t worry. As always, all you have to do is ask, whatever you need.” She hesitated, checking the hallway herself. “You literally saved my life, when my friends, family and counselors wouldn’t make a move.”

“Please, there’s no reason to bring it up. Those weren’t friends, merely casual acquaintances. And lovers come and go, but close, intimate companions never fade. As I keep telling you, you don’t owe me anything. It’s what friends do.”

“Well, it’s what I’m doing now. So, quit bitchin’ about the danger. We both know I’d gladly risk my life anytime you ask. and you gambled with your own to help me. Though considering it, I can easily picture you in this situation, as you did something similar with me. It seems to be part of your moral creed. I won’t embarrass you by thanking you again, or recounting the details, but there’s no way I’ll ever repay you. I wouldn’t be here if not for you”

“And it turned out well. If I hadn’t, you wouldn’t be here today. Yet here you are: settled, graduated at the top of your class, with what looks like a decent job too. That’s all you.”

“Yeah,” she blushed, the pink contrasting with her silky-smooth skin. “I’m working in Human Relations at a high-tech startup. If I don’t screw up, I’ll be set to retire once they go public in a few years. They’re a great group, and the people are all as bright as you.

“But you look frazzled. You can crash in the guest room and we’ll let you sleep. Though as I recall, you don’t take long falling asleep, and wake completely refreshed after only a short nap.”

“It’s a technique I acquired while learning hypnosis. It’s helps my research, as I put myself under quickly while sleeping thoroughly, yet still awakening at the slightest sensation.”

“I remember. Watching you nod off and then pop back up, rearing to go was always a bit unnerving. As is your risking everything on my account and insisting there’s no need to mention it. Get some rest, we’ll talk about you plans later, but if you don’t mind, I won’t bother mentioning this to Nate. He’d think having you here is too risky.”

“Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I don’t like keeping secrets, but there’s no sense getting myself into even more trouble than I’m already in.”


Settling into bed, Theo sampled more of Tom’s dried-mushroom gift. It didn’t taste any better, but he was now used to it. As risky as wandering a new neighborhood in the nude was, he needed to let Alli and Wendy know he was alright. Otherwise, they’d worry incessantly, tipping off anyone nearby that something’s amiss.

After blacking out, he awoke in the garage, sitting in a lotus position atop someone’s car, with two flickering candles beside him. He had no idea how he found or lit them, though they were nearly consumed. He also wondered how much noise he’d made, but assumed if he had, but assumed if he had, Natalie’s boyfriend would raise a stink about it.

Facing a shelf containing old paint cans, with the faint shimmering glow his only light, the vibrant colors once more reflected off everything. This time, he was surrounded by dozens of flying fish, snapping at anything nearby. Their teeth weren’t just razor-sharp, their bites created sharp popping claps. It seemed he’d resumed his nocturnal jaunts, but at least he’d kept it indoors.

Glancing down, he noted he was still naked, wearing one sock, the other on his left hand. His jockey shorts were around his neck—not the best look for a college instructor.

Replacing his boxers, which gave his steady erection room to move, he headed back to his room after dousing the candles. It was difficult finding his way through the unfamiliar house—especially without making noise—but he managed.

The fact he hadn’t disturbed anyone, and was conscious enough to handle open flames while under, was reassuring, though it didn’t make him any more presentable. Particularly as he kept having to dodge the flying fish bites, swatting them away. He wasn’t fast enough once, and it stung like a sonofabitch! Imaginary or not, those teeth were sharp!

Returning to the guest bed, he drifted off, appearing in Wendy’s dream. She turned—the girls she was talking to forgotten.

Wendy stared at the colors spanning the whole dreamscape, normally plain and indistinct. “Geez! Is this all for me? What’s with the extra effects?”

“This,” Theo announced, motioning at the continually shifting visions, “is what it’s like after taking the stuff that allows me to enter others’ dreams.” He dodged another hangry aquatic denizen before continuing. “Since we discussed it, I thought you deserved to see what it’s like.”

“This is what you typically see?” she marveled, spinning in a slow circle. “How can you get anything done?” She leapt back when a fish lunged at her, turning. “Is this safe? Do I have to worry about anything?”

“Aside from the scaly school, which is new, no. It’s not always easy, but so far, I’ve managed to cope. You were never exposed to the drug, so it won’t affect you in any way. You’re merely sharing my ... delusions. Here,” he offered, reaching out, “I want to show you a few things.”

“Okay,” she said, taking his hand and eyeing him carefully. As he clasped it, they rose together. Transporting them to Natalie’s guest room, they drifted through the ceiling and continued into the beckoning sky, accompanied by their fishy companions, already soaring. Wendy glanced down at the steadily receding town.

“This is neat! Are we truly flying?”

“Technically, this is simply another dream, but the insights you gain are amazing. You’ll remember the next few minutes for a long, long time.”

“And the fish?”

“Like you, they’re along for the ride. But with so much space, I doubt they’ll be quite as aggressive.” He wavered, considering one. “Maybe I should teach them a song, just to keep them occupied?”

As they flew, Wendy’s shirt, slacks and shoes sloughed off—despite her not touching them. They fell to the ground unseen far below, leaving only her bloomers.

“Speaking of neat tricks, you’re getting the hang of directing your dreams. Your way is much better than my needing to wake mid-dream to make changes.”

“I figured, since you’re nude, I may as well join you. Though I’m unprepared for you seeing me naked, quite yet.”

“Perfectly understandable,” he acknowledged, glancing down, once more shocked he was au naturel, despite his looser jockey shorts. “Unfortunately, I don’t have that choice.”

Passing through the cirrus and cirriform clouds they kept going, rising faster as the shimmering stars overhead came into sight. Soon they passed the stratosphere, as the oxygen haze faded away. The sparkling display—including the harsh light reflected off the communication satellites—shone brighter than Wendy had ever witnessed.

“This is amazing,” she declared, the awe practically dripping from her voice. “I’ve never had a dream this realistic, or this fantastic. The details are so clear, and what we’re doing is so unbelievable. Even the fish, despite being ridiculously out of place, seem more lifelike than those in aquariums.”

“They definitely have more personality. But trust me, it gets better.” He raised their hands as they flew light years in moments, the stars seemingly flying by. When they slowed, there were celestial bodies everywhere, as they saw not only the Milky Way galaxy’s, but other nearby galaxies’ too.

“This is the most striking part of this trip,” Theo said, as amazed as he always was. “You can actually feel God. And not just him, you can sense billions of unimaginable creatures’ pulsing lives, inhabiting thousands of unknown worlds. I realize it’s a delusion, but it doesn’t matter. This, more than anything I’ve experienced, convinces me that Allah, Jehovah or Yahweh is real. While we’ll never comprehend him, he’s actively involved in everything around us.”

“You’re right,” Wendy said, shivering as her eyes dilated. “It’s like we’re drawing them to us, even though they’re what, millions of miles away?”

Theo chuckled. “You can’t count the distance in such minute measurements, think multitudes of light years, expand your thinking exponentially. The nearest star’s luminescence took hundreds of years to reach us, and will take centuries more before it’s visible back on Earth. We’re in God’s realm now. For unexplainable reason, he invited us, using the substance I took to bridge the gap between confirmed skeptic and enraptured believer.

“Somehow, he has a mission for us both. While I’m still uncovering mine, he’s guiding us, and this is only a small glimpse into it. It probably has nothing to do with our mutual dreams, but we’re constantly being drawn towards our eventual destinies. Anytime you have doubts, trust that. Let go and follow God’s unspoken dictates. He’ll guide you, wherever you need to go.”

Wendy glanced at him. “Do you think God minds that I’m not fully nude? Or not properly dressed?”

“Personally, I doubt he cares. My analogy is symbolic, as it adds meaning to our current situation, rather than merely being a spectacular show. How you dress is your concern, and depends on how comfortable you are with your body. Neither God nor I will tell anyone how you’re dressed in your dreams.”

“The kids in school will never believe this!” she proclaimed, taking in all the shimmering stars as the pulsing life surrounding them flowed through them.

“Trust me, you’d best not mention it, or they’ll lock me up, throwing away the key for exposing you to a drug-induced delirium.”

“Ow!” she yelled, as a stray fish bit her arm. She jumped, rubbing her bicep. Eyeing his kin warily, she continued.

“Don’t worry. I can’t talk to my friends anyway since we’re hiding. But what do you think Mom will say when I tell her you took me to view the stars, escorting your fishies through the cosmos?”

“That’ll be ... tricky, but don’t fret, I’ll mention it to her first, so she’s at least be prepared.”

Back on terra-firma, standing in the grass, Wendy glanced around.

“Uh, shouldn’t you put on some clothes? I’ve gotten so used to these dreams, I hardly notice it anymore, but...”

“Is your arm bleeding?”

She peered at it, rubbing it again. “Yeah. That was some bite! It’s swelling up too.”

“So much for my delusions not affecting you, but don’t forget, despite how it feels, neither of us is here. We’re both back in bed, sleeping.”

“Is this where you’re staying?” she asked, studying the nearest house.

“Actually, it’s the next house over. The one with the pink shutters.”

“Uh, oh! Are you visiting another woman? A girlfriend? Someone besides Mom?”

“It’s nothing like that. We were college friends. Though we’ve always been close, there was never any romantic attraction. Instead, I always pressed her to think outside the box and consider more ... unorthodox alternatives, which helped her with her advanced classes. More importantly though, there’s no way for anyone to trace me here, as there are no clear links between us. She’s simply someone I once knew, but lost track of.”

“Until you needed a favor?”

“Exactly. True friends are those who’ll drop everything, even when you call them out of the blue, requesting something. Conditional companions aren’t nearly as trustworthy.”

“Okay, I trust you. But Mom really likes you and was worrying all day, asking a million questions I couldn’t answer.”

“Yeah, I plan on visiting her next.”

“She’ll like that, for several reasons.” she grinned, once more casually observing his rampant erection. “Could you kindly point that somewhere else? There’s an impressionable young lady present.” She glanced at the scaly fishes circling them, snapping their teeth. “Besides, it looks like a big worm.”

“Like them, you’re only here in my dreams,” he teased.

“Maybe, but they’re not the only things that bite! And mom might rip you to shreds.”


Before fulfilling his promise to Wendy, Theo searched for Saul, needing to know whether he survived. But first...

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.