Unit 254 - the Original Stories - Cover

Unit 254 - the Original Stories

Copyright© 2020 by Corner Ghost

Chapter 6: The Army Contract – 4

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6: The Army Contract – 4 - This is the original but re-edited story of Replicant 254 and the Crew of the Space Ship Rochester, it includes Activation and The Army Contract

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Mult   Consensual   Science Fiction   Robot   Space  

“Computer report!” Reilly said out loud.

I’m sorry Captain, but we were sideswiped by a meteor while I was dodging a large one, it’s caused a hole in the side of the ship, but I’ve already closed the bulkhead doors so it’s isolated.“ 89x1 reported.

“Okay any suggestions?” Reilly asked all and sundry.

“Can’t we stay here?” Adams asked.

We could, but I cannot calculate the amount of time we’d survive, I can only do so much!” 89x1 replied before Reilly could say anything.

“Well what can we do?” Günter asked.

“Pool!” Scott said suddenly. “Computer do you have a near fix for the unknown ship?” She asked.

Weeelll there’s a large metal mass just within range, but it could just be a meteor with a high metal content.” 89x1 said.

“Pretend it isn’t, could you use the reaction engines to push some rocks at them?” She asked.

Use the mass of the meteors against them? It might work, thanks First Officer.” 89x1 said excitedly.

“Uhm Captain, pardon me but won’t that push us into other meteors?” Lloyd asked.

“It’s either them or the rocks, and I think we’re better off with the rocks!” Reilly said. “Hold on everyone, stand by for collisions!” He added ensuring that everyone was firmly belted in.

It was lucky they were as the inertial dampeners couldn’t cope with the velocity change that were inflicted on the ship, then finally – after all of 5 minutes – 89x1 reported, “I have metallic debris on the scope, from their action and shape I think they’re from the enemy.”

Reilly could hear the exhalation of breath from the crew, Molly and Scott however didn’t seem to be fazed by this – Molly because she didn’t understand, and Scott because she was used to combat conditions.

Captain, I’m receiving radio hails from several life-pods.” 89x1 reported.

At first Reilly was inclined to ignore them, but then the unwritten law of both sea and space made him nod. “Very well, open frequencies.” He said (this was a term that seemed to be used, although nobody knew where it came from!)

“Ahoy Rochester, my compliments it appears you’ve managed to destroy my ship, I salute you! And I must beg a favour” The voice was from a youngish man.

“This is Captain Reilly; you will identify yourself!” Reilly said shortly.

“Of course, Captain ... I thought Captain Scott was the master. Anyway, my name is Rufus Conrad, Captain of the late Black Star. My records must have been mistaken as we showed no weapons on board your ship; may I ask how you managed to damage us?” Conrad enquired politely.

“Captain, I’m afraid that I must keep that information secret, I may need to use it again!” Reilly said, “Now what is your request?” He asked.

“This is very embarrassing, it seems that I am now without a proper ship, apart from these two man escape pods, I would regard it as an act of charity if you could allow me to board your ship with my crew, it’s only of 3 no 4, I keep forgetting our cabin boy!” Conrad said politely.

“Let me get this straight, you try to attack me, and now that I’ve defeated you, I’m expected to allow you to just waltz aboard? Just what kind of fool do you think I am?” Reilly asked.

“A kindly one I hope Captain. I would like to point out that there is no chance of my being rescued deep in the Turner Storm, and my air will fail in 5 day’s time, my colleague’s will be in the same state in 6 days.” Conrad said.

Reilly shook his head and gestured for the radio to be silenced. “Well, what do you think?” He asked the crew.

Scott didn’t speak but her eyes told Reilly that she was against it. Lloyd was more verbal, “Captain, tell him to hold his breath, we don’t need him on board, and if it wasn’t for him we’d be okay, he’s a pirate and deserves all he gets!” He said, the general word from the crew was much the same, except for Molly.

“Captain, I disagree, I know he was the one who was trying to attack us, but I don’t think I could sleep knowing we left him to die out here! I would prefer that he be rescued and kept in a lower storage bay, we can keep an atmosphere barrier to keep them in. and if the access tubes are locked tight then we can hold him until we rendezvous with the Army and they can take him then.” She said

Captain I would also like to ask clemency for Captain Conrad, I wouldn’t want anyone to die like that!“ 89x1 said.

“Might I remind you of your orders and specifications?” Reilly said asking 89x1 if he remembered that he would be an attack and destroy vessel.

I haven’t forgotten Captain, but this would be the human thing to do!“ 89x1 said.

Reilly sighed, this wasn’t what he wanted. “Computer, close bulkheads around storage boy 3 and vacuum the surround perimeter. Lock access tube in that area; ensure that they cannot be opened.” He ordered.

Captain, I’ve already done so!” 89x1 said smugly.

“Open frequencies, Captain Conrad?” He said.

“Ah Captain Reilly, I thought you had decided to pass me by.” Conrad said genially.

“It was close Captain; I must tell you. Now I need to know your intentions?” Reilly said.

“My inten ... ah! I see. Captain if I give you my word that I have no plans to take over your ship or its cargo, I will allow you to take any weapons that I, or my crew, may have and to obey your commands until I can leave your ship, without harming either it or its crew.” Conrad said.

CAPTAIN don’t forget the cargo.“ 89x1 said.

“Captain Conrad, I also need your word that you and your crew will not touch, damage or take the cargo I am transporting! Do I have that as well?” Reilly said.

Conrad could be heard sighing over the connection, “Yes captain, I give you my word, neither my crew or myself will attempt to harm either your crew, ship ... or cargo, I also say that should an opportunity arise for us to escape we will still not touch either your ship, crew or cargo.” He said.

Reilly nodded, “Very well captain, we’re bringing you aboard to our lower bay, I must warn you not to try to escape as there will be no air beyond the door, and I’ve also activated the replicator in the bay, for food and water only, no weapons!”

Conrad chuckled, “Well done Captain, that’s just what I would have done, I take it the access tunnels are also locked?” He asked.

Reilly pondered this, “Captain Conrad you seem to know a lot about this ship.” He said.

“Yes ... I do.” Said Conrad but didn’t expand on that.

Two life-pods, tractors pulling them into cargo bay, pressurising bay.” Scanner shows three weapons, deactivated, one life-sign is non-human, it’s a replicant!“ 89x1 said.

Reilly shook his head, ‘Great, just what we need another replicant! I won’t get out of here alive!’ he thought.


“Computer, get us out of here!” Reilly ordered.

Certainly Captain, I don’t think there will be any problems, as long as Captain Conrad was on his own!” 89x1 said.

“Scott come with me! I need to meet this Captain Conrad.” Reilly said.

The two started towards the lower bays when Reilly realised that Molly had joined them. “Molly I don’t want you with us, it might get dangerous.” Reilly said.

“You heard Captain Conrad, he’s promised that his crew wouldn’t attack us, anyway I want to meet this new replicant!” Molly said.

“She’s your responsibility Captain, but would it really hurt her?” Scott said.

“Very well Molly, but should anything happen then you get away quickly!” he said.

“Yessir!” Molly said with a salute.

The three of them approached the bulkhead door and Reilly typed in a code. “Pressuring narrow access path, please remain in yellow area.” A recorded voice said.

The door opened and there was a yellow area ahead of them, which reached to the storage bay door, “Follow the yellow brick road!” Reilly said which made Molly groan.

They arrived at the entry door, “89x1 keep an eye on us. Make sure that they don’t try to overpower us.” Reilly said.

Certainly Captain, but what do I do if they manage it?“ 89x1 asked.

“Lock us in and get to the rendezvous point!” Reilly said and then opened the door.


Captain Conrad was standing by the escape pod with a man and a woman beside him, out to one side, and looking miserable, was a naked young man. Molly walked up to him and smiled, “Hello, I’m Molly, replicant designated unit 254.” She said.

The man looked to where Captain Conrad was standing and tilted his head. “Yes, you can!” Conrad said giving his permission.

“Hello Molly, I am unit 159. Replicant.” He said.

“Oh, you’re from the East Wing complex, they specialised in technical replicants.” Molly said, “Captain do not allow him near any equipment!” she added to Reilly.

Conrad stood up, “You never told us that! We thought you were a general-purpose cleaning unit!” He said.

159 shrugged his shoulders, “You never asked me Captain, I wasn’t allowed to do any improvements to your ship otherwise it would have succeeded in your scheme.” It said.

Reilly shook his head, “You see Captain I trust my replicants, and they trust me. Now I would like to have all your weapons, even though they are deactivated.” He said.

Conrad nodded, “Of course Captain, even though I have given my word I do understand, you can’t trust me, I might attack you even now, and you are outnumbered 3 to 2!” He said.

Reilly looked around, “You mean 4 to 3 or is there a problem with your numbers?” He asked.

Conrad looked at Molly, “Really Captain, a replicant isn’t designed for offence, so it would be my two crewmen against you and your woman there!”

“Not to mention the ship’s computer which will ensure that we all stay here until the Army comes to pick you up!” Reilly said.

“The Army’s not interested in us, they’re only concern is that replicant you have in the tank up top!” Conrad said.

Reilly frowned, “Replicant? I don’t know what you mean. All I’ve been told to do is to deliver my cargo to the Army, whatever the cargo is it isn’t my concern! But how do you know what it is?” He asked.

Conrad shook his head, “Oh no Captain, that’s not any concern of yours, I’m your prisoner and will remain so!” Conrad said.

“Quite true, but I’m sure that they’ll want to know about your knowledge, and they’re not too picky on how they get it! Now Captain your weapons?” Reilly asked politely.

Molly was talking to 159 and they seemed to be getting on when Conrad spoke, “Oi, you – get the weapons and be quick about it!” He directed the order to 159 who cringed and ran to the pods.

Reilly shook his head, “Where did you get that unit?” He asked.

“That thing? Won it at a card game! We use it as a general dogsbody, ain’t no use for anything else.”

Molly spoke up, “That’s where you’re wrong Captain Conrad, Paul there is trained as a technical worker, able to repair any circuits or ship-board item without supervision. You’ve lost because of your blindness; Paul told me that your sensors were only working at 50% because you didn’t want to waste the cash for repairs, when he could have done them there and then!” She told him.

Conrad shook his head, “You’re kidding, it was just a replicant, and they’re only good for either making sex models or cleansing units!” He said.

Reilly sighed, “You have a lot to learn about replicants, they can surprise you ... which reminds me, your replicant Paul. I count him as part of your crew; I want your word that he will not do anything to hurt my ship, crew or cargo!”

Conrad’s face dropped; it was obvious that he was counting on that slip on his part. “Captain, how can a replicant be a member of the crew? They’re just man-made things!” He said.

Reilly shook his head and put his hand on Molly’s shoulder, “Molly here is a vital member of my crew, and she is the one who keeps our moral up.” He said as Scott took the guns away from Paul’s hands. As their hands touched, he looked sharply into Scott’s face, she nodded and shook her head.

Molly turned to Paul and spoke quickly in machine code, Paul’s face cleared, and he said something back, bowing slightly to Reilly and then returning to his position near the pods.

“Captain we will be meeting the Army ships soon and you’ll be handed over to them along with your crew, the status of Paul will be decided then, either he’s part of your crew or salvage! But that will be decided by the Army not me. The replicators will give you food and water, but not weapons or anything to break into the ship and following Molly’s warning cannot be programmed by anyone in this bay.” I do hope you have a happy trip with us, and if you need anything please ask the computer who will pass it on.”

Reilly turned and walked to the door followed by Molly and Scott.

Not a word was said by them until they were behind the bulkhead door and the space between was evacuated of air. “Captain their replicant knows what I am!” Scott said.

“But he gave me his word that he wouldn’t attack us or to reveal Scott’s identity, I trust him captain.” Molly said

So do I Captain.” 89x1 said

As they returned to the Bridge Molly spoke again, “Daddy Reilly, why didn’t Captain Conrad count Paul as a member of his crew?” She asked him.

Scott replied for Reilly, “Because he doesn’t see replicants as people, they’re just things to him and to most people, so they don’t think of them as capable members of the crew. We’re lucky because Captain Reilly isn’t blinkered like that.” She said.

Molly smiled at Reilly and hugged his arm as they walked.


Once on the bridge the atmosphere was more relaxed apart from one problem, “Captain, I’ve scanned the area where we were holed, there’s a problem.” Lloyd reported.

Reilly sighed, “Okay what is it?” He asked.

“Our secondary navigation unit is behind that bulkhead and was damaged by the strike; we need to get it repaired as soon as possible.” He said.

Although it sounded mild it was the unit by which the course was double checked and in normal working the ship wouldn’t be able to move unless the two units agreed on the course. It was only the force of 89x1’s computer action that was directing the ship, when Milly had control back she would have to follow her programming which dictated that both units had to be used.

“Alright then, we get a patch on the hull, and then after re-pressurising the area we’ll get it repaired!” Reilly said.

The looks on the faces told him it wasn’t so simple. “Captain, that area is designed only for robot repairs! It’s too enclosed for normal people to access it, it was a security feature.” This was from Molly.

Scott looked at her, “How on earth do you know that?” She asked.

Molly smiled at her, “Well when Milly was giving me lessons, I had to go through all the ship’s areas, that was one which I had to really squeeze through.” She said

Scott nodded, “Well then Captain, there’s your answer, once air’s back in the area we send Molly in to repair it.” She said but then noticed Molly’s face, “What’s wrong?” She asked.

“I don’t know how to repair anything!” Molly said in anguish.

Reilly shook his head, “Repair was for next week!” He said in explanation. “Our first priority is to get out of here and to get our computer back, no disrespect 89x1 but Milly is our computer and we’re used to her.” He said.

That’s alright Captain, it was nice to see you.” 89x1 said genially.


It was an hour later that the SS Rochester cleared the area of space known as The Turner Storm. The reason for the length of travel time was – as Reilly logged it – due to the fact that they weren’t being chased this time and could carefully dodge the meteors that were there.

The next sign of life was when an airlock door opened, and Ordinary Shipman Adams made his way out carrying a large piece of metal and some equipment. He made his way to the hole where the meteor had struck.

Working quickly, he covered the hole and welded the metal to the ship, ensuring that it was firmly fixed. Then the area was pressurised and tested before it was declared air-tight and liveable.

Adams returned to the airlock and entered without problems.


Milly was returned to her home and 89x1 to his container, she checked the circuitry and then reported the bad news.

“Captain I cannot resume course because the secondary navigation unit is down, I would recommend going to the nearest repair base for fixing, however since the secondary navigation unit is down, we are unable to set course for it! What a stupid system!” Milly added which summed up everyone’s opinion.

There was silence in the Bridge while the crew realised that they were stuck and the only answer was to send out an SOS to be rescued, which would incur salvage money and quite a loss in esteem.

Molly spoke up, “I can get there, but I’d need to be talked through the repair.”

Milly’s voice showed her sorrow, “I don’t have a manual for that unit, it’s only released to authorised repair units!” she said.

Reilly looked around, “Well perhaps it’s just a minor thing that needs plugging in, it wouldn’t hurt to look.” He said.

Molly nodded and, grabbing a tool-bag, she put it over her shoulder. Scott handed her a comms-glass – it was a device with a small camera and a screen that fitted over the wearer’s eye. The camera would show what the wearer was seeing, and the screen would display schematics or whoever was on the other end.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.