The Family - Cover

The Family

Copyright© 2020 by The Story Teller

Chapter 14

A few hours later, after checking out the address Dobson had given them, May and Kevin led a successful police raid on a big house just off the downtown area. After freeing a dozen women who all claimed that they were forced into prostitution and that Irena was their keeper, the detectives took the woman into an interview room.

As usual, the detectives studied their suspect for a few minutes through the one-way window. At first glance it seemed difficult to imagine her as a Madam controlling a house full of women forced into prostitution. She was tall, slender with long curly black hair that fell to her shoulders and framed a pretty, youthful looking face. It was only when May and Kevin saw her eyes they realized there was something wrong with the image she projected. They appeared cold and hard. She was also quite animated with wild arm gestures as she rapidly paced the floor of the interview room while talking to her lawyer.

However, she grew quiet and subdued when the detectives entered the room. In fact, she looked almost demure as she sat primly on the chair beside her lawyer.

After a quick glance at her notes, May lost no time in getting to the point.

“We’ve already got several charges against you with more to come. So far these include, accessory to numerous kidnappings, assaults and rapes. There’s also pimping charges and living off the avails of prostitution charges to come. Did your lawyer explain the seriousness of these charges to you?”

As May waited for a reply, she noticed the pained expression on Irena’s face and the hurried whispering into her lawyer’s ear. Something about it didn’t seem right. Then she got her answer.

Her lawyer, Hilary Bogand, spoke. “My client says she doesn’t understand the English language too well. She says she’s from the Ukraine and doesn’t understand what’s going on. She claims she was tricked into coming to America and that she’s just as much a victim as the other women.”
“Tell your client we think she speaks English very well and that we’ve been in communication with Russian authorities who told us they also suspect her of being involved in a kidnapping and white slavery ring. One way or the other she’s going to face those charges so if she wants to return to her homeland, we can accommodate her by turning her over to the Russian police.”

Again May waited patiently and watched the wild arm gestures as Irena conferred with her lawyer.

“She says she doesn’t believe you. She thinks you’re trying to trick her. Besides, she’s just small potatoes. She said she doesn’t know much.” Bogand explained.

May’s patience was fast coming to an end. “Tell her if she doesn’t co-operate with us, we’ll turn her over to the Russians. Tell her we got somebody from the embassy who can take her off our hands unless she’s got something to contribute.”
Irena shrugged and gave May a smile. “I call your bluff. Russians don’t want me because I did nothing over there.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.