And I Thought That I Had It Hard - Cover

And I Thought That I Had It Hard

Copyright© 2020 by Lapi

Chapter 5

What To Do?

That was the question before us. Janet, thanks to Sam, had supplied quite a bit of information, much more than I might have expected. That in itself should have been a warning to me.

We now had a better understanding of the scope of the curse, a name of another major player but not exactly how or even why it was done.

I could postulate that it was done because the Templar were innocent of the charges, even perhaps that the greed of King Phillip had something to do with it. Yes, we had another name but no collaboration that he was the second man in the fire with the Grand master.

The logical thing was...

“We really do not need to go back to that day in 1314 Dear to determine the name of who the second person was. We already know it.”

I was stunned.

“There actually were three burned to death on that pyre. The Grand master, de Molay and Walter and Phillip Aunay, supposed lovers to the wives of two of the King’s sons. It was on the word of Isabella their sister that they too were killed.”

Stunned was not enough of a word to describe what I was feeling now.

“So, Dear, you now know a thing or two lost to time. It was a curse, spoken by all three but for different reasons. ‘A woman scorned’ perhaps(Isabella), but none will ever know for certain.”

“Like Phillip, his daughter, Isabella might have been motivated by greed, personal gain and dominance of both England(Where she was Queen) and saw a way for her son(Edward) to rule France someday if her three brothers had no legal heirs.”

May continued.

Jenna handed me a glass of wine. I drank it down and sat down. “If you already knew all this, then Why? Why are we...”

“Because Dear, the curse is real, just not quite what it is thought to be. That validity of the charge against the Templar was rescinded(1308) even before King Phillip ordered them arrested and those against the Grand master. later also expunged. It has taken these last 666 years to bring justice to bear on the last of the de Got line. You Dear.”

As a thud could be heard from the falling body of the last of the de Got line.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.