Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 97

The Tudor seemed a little sluggish as we pulled out of my signature parking spot at the COOP ... not necessarily underpowered but definitely over weight.

When we descended from the ‘34 and began the invasion of the boutique, the reason stepped out on to the sidewalk with us...

“Hello, Seven, I’ll introduce you lot to Simone when she recovers.”

Seven said, “She was going to find out ... sooner is better than later.”

And it hit me, “You mean, she’s going to be my best friend?”

“You’re both from Michigan ... just barely twenty miles apart. She has similar experiences, you’re both country bumpkins from the sticks ... she actually knows Surprise, and she will renew her friendship with your friend Alice ... who is going with Friday.

“No officer, she doesn’t need an ambulance ... she just fainted. Look, she’s coming around already. You took a tumble ... but I caught you. Sit on the running board and catch your breath. See, officer ... she’s fine.”

Although her lips didn’t match the words ... precisely ... and the jerky nod didn’t match either, someone said, “I’m fine officer ... really. Thank you for your concern.” Simone’s lips moved to the sound.

The officer, not completely convinced, said to Seven, “Keep an eye on your charge, Ma’am.”

“I will, sir. It was just a stumble.”

He mounted his motor and rumbled off.

Safely out of sight, I said, “Simone ... meet Seven.”

“Ma’am,” “I’m not sure I understand.”

“And Six.” Six stepped out the door ... Simone’s seating had blocked the car door and Six had been stuck inside.

Six appeared to be Seven’s significant other, very refined and gentlemanly, impeccably dressed and very proper.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Simone.”

She nodded.

“Five.” The perfect older sister. A matron ... secure in her place in society.

She took Simone’s hand, squeezed and air kissed her cheek.

“Four.” A big brother ... leather Varsity jacket strewn with footballs and basketball awards. He ogled Simone. She blushed.

“Three.” The girl next door.

“You know Two.”

“And One ... One can be the very devil ... so forewarned is forearmed.”

“Tyche Selene Flintkote ... shame on you. I’m perfectly proper.”

She looked up and down the street and dissolved into a very impudent nine year old ... boy.

“Simone ... The Powers that Be.”

The seven of them took a theater bow.

“Now ... Lets go shop.”

Her movements were, if one knew her, just a trifle hesitant and jerky ... but she complied. Once inside and in her element she was the perfect college student with daddy’s credit card.

She even slapped One’s hand as he reached for a fragile looking vase.

The crowd spread out ... Let the pillaging begin.

Elif selected a wardrobe suitable for a night at the movies.

“Sure,” I said. “Come on, Simone. Dressing room.”

As soon as the door shut and the lock turned, Simone grabbed my arm and said, “Tyche ... who are these people?”

“Surprise calls them Advanced Scientists, most everyone else calls them gods.”

Seven said, “We ARE NOT gods. Surprise has it right ... we’re scientists. Now, Tyche ... lets have a look at you.”

And I was naked.

Seven said...”the spit and image of Sultry ... Tyche ... I miss your grandmother so much. She was such fun.”

Seven was milliseconds from crying ... she shook her head ... and gathered up the dress Elif had chosen ... slipped it over my head.

She and Simone stood looking... “Something’s missing.” Seven unlocked the door and said, “Elif.”

“Ma’am?”

“Come in.”

“Ooo, very pretty ... something is missing.”

And I said, “Under wear ... I’m freezing.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.