Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 90

The cop came back ... late the next day.

“How did you know?”

“Know what?”

“The guy parked at the entrance to the park.”

“Raul told me,” I said.

“Listen...” He got a start and folded. “Ok ... I believe you.”

He started the Grand Reveal. “The tire tracks in the mud at the park matched the tires on his truck. I made plasticine casts of the tire tracks and matched them to his truck at the impound lot. Then the captain and I went to the hospital and played good cop bad cop on him. He confessed, “Cats are the minions of Satan ... I got a promotion to Corporal ... the Cap and I got Good Boy awards for catching the “Cat Killer” ... he’d been doing it for years. And I’m going to Detective School next month. Where’s your cat?”

“Great ... Raul!”

The cat came bounding up the trail down to the river ... he was wet. No!!! WET! Soaked to the skin.

<What?>

Then he saw the cop. <Oh ... it’s you.>

“I did not hear that.”

<Did too.>

“Or that.”

“Just tell him.” I said.

“We caught the ‘Cat Killer’ ... I’d like to shake your hand ... paw.” He got down and offered his ... Raul offered ... they shook ... and so did Raul ... water everywhere. Soaked Deputy.

DRIPPING wet ... really wet ... wet to the max ... like dove in the river to rescue a kid wet ... did I mention wet? Yeah ... that wet.

Splutter and other sounds one makes when a wet dog shakes you wet ... hmm.

“Tyche?”

“Yes?”

“Would you care to go to dinner with me ... and maybe catch a movie after?”

(The reader must remember my voice and visage before continuing to read.)

“Let me consider the ramifications to that.

“Does this include a visit to your domicile?

“Meeting your parents?

“A conference with your preacher/priest/ mentor?

“Would you be an octopus ... hands all over my delectable body?”

And the killer...”You know I’m just 16.”

And Raul butted in with a hearty <YES>

Whereupon the Deputy said, “I know you’re a ventriloquist, Tyche. Next Friday at seven. Casual.”

<How casual?>

“Jeans and tee shirt ... not white ... good barbecue is messy. Bring a change of clothes for the movie.”

<What about breakfast?>

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.