Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 82

The glare I got from Alice ... ooo ... she’s pissed.

“You just HAD to go and introduce your mom to my boyfriend!”

“Alice,” I said, “Just think ... there’s that guy from the Pub.”

It was like turning on a firehose, “I forgot...”

She got all dreamy eyed and scratched her ... yeah ... there ... lady parts through her bike shorts ... her form fitting, every nook and cranny showing, bike shorts. THEN she lost focus and said, “Come on,” and took off running.

Teach me to leave my bike home when we’re wearing bike shorts.

Alice had a leg before ... beach and sand dune riding, and Fiji mountain trail-rides. We’ve been riding to the bus for two ... starting on three ... weeks. Neither of us are crazy enough to ride MLK all the way to school ... yet. It’s still hot as Billy Blue Blazes in September and it IS a long pedal. From the hangar to the first 18 bus stop is long enough ... thank you very much.

Classes are boring ... at least I have only one freshman class ... socialization ... it’s for out of staters and foreigners ... And it’s required for graduation ... how about that ... I’m both ... out of state and an Australian.

It’s Saturday ... you remember the last Saturday class ... you don’t? Instructor died? I know I’ll never forget it. I haven’t flown the Sandy since I brought her home. She’s even DUSTY. We are NOT on our way to class ... we’re going to a college pub.

On the way out the door ... after a sit in the necessary ... and a brush through my tresses. Alice came out her door the same time I came out mine. We had our bicycles in a shoulder carry.

“Did you remember a bikini?”

I put my bike down and ran in my door. Out seconds later I said, “Yes.”

I patted the kayak and promised ... faithfully ... she would get sanded Sunday. And maybe glassed ... maybe. We have our own keys to the gate ... and had to pass Homeland Security to keep ‘em. Past the Choppers ... Bud swore at me ... I didn’t do nothing ... Surprise did it.

“Is the trust paying?”

“Yes.”

“Why are you complaining?”

“I’ve had to turn down three charters.”

“Did you call the trust?”

“They’re paying.”

“So you get to play with your aircraft and get paid the same as flying?”

“Why do you have to make so much sense?”

“Kidneys,” I said, popping my head with a finger, “Kidneys.”

“Where you two nutcases going?”

“Why, Daddy. I didn’t think you cared.” That was Alice.

I said, “Crown and Anchor ... and swimming after.”

“What pool?”

“University.”

“Okay ... get going if you’re going. If you’re not I got a chopper needs cleaning.”

Cleaning a chopper usually means somebody puked in it. We split.

There is an honest to god bike path beside FM969 ... not that it means all that much to drivers. But it’s early ... and the drunks aren’t up yet.

We put our bicycles on Route 18’s rack and asked.

“Number 7 bus ... I’ll let you off at the stop and call ahead.”

And she did ... about a minute before she let us off.

The 7 stopped ... we racked our bikes and flashed our underage ID.

“I can let you off a block away.”

And did.

We walked our bikes past Clown Bikes and on to the Crown and Anchor.

Alice said as we walked in the door, “Who owns the Dodge pickup out front?”

“Dunno ... been there three weeks. Ain’t moved ... just sits.”

“So’s ya know ... I’m gonna look ... prolly pop the hood an nose around. If the keys are in it ... I’m gonna try and start it. Just so’s ya know.”

“Alice ... what are you doing?”

“Daddy loves these old Dodges. If it runs ... he’ll be all over it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.