Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 78

The turn ... it was slow motion ... Randy is getting on in years. He sees the aircraft. Randy flew ground attack ... single seat. A ridiculous joke of a canopy ... so out of place on such a huge airframe.

The double take ... a snap of the head ... Randy knew the Q ... this one was different. The ship had a long, clear teardrop ... reminiscent of the P-51D Mustang but NOT the Republic P-47D Thunderbolt. The canopy ... that was what was missing on the aircraft he flew. This FIT. If the sun sparkled, reflected and mirrored ... that there were TWO figures seated in tandem in the cockpit? Unnoticeable. A gigantic Fighter aircraft. Not a bomber.

The shock ... OH MY GOD ... Randy clutched at his chest, one arm numb ... the heart attack ... Randal Jackson, PhD in Aeronautics, fell to the tarmac ... instant CLUSTERFUCK!~ Cellphones recorded the incident ... cellphones called 911 ... the ambulance ... the hospital ... the funeral. I wasn’t prepared for any of that.

I was on time ... I only flew to the airport.

I didn’t know ... POW ... Hanoi Hilton ... pregnant wife ... the divorce while he was in North Vietnam.

What a mess. Probably the biggest OOPSIE of my 16 years.

I meant it to be a surprise ... just not That big a surprise.

After the funeral, when the class went to class, there was a notice posted on the door.

CLASS IN ABEYANCE
Speak with your Advisor.

I will always regret my comment.

“Looks like we need another instructor.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.