Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 77

Key and operative words... I was protecting my principal. That was her actual assignment ... Seven left her with me to protect me. Two has protected Sultry, Surprise and now, me.

The Interpol schtick was made up on the spot ... I think ... maybe. I wonder what kind of a brain it takes to speak perfect and idiomatic Hebrew on the spot.

I have access to and have read the Flintkote Journals ... Two is a trouble maker ... has been and probably always will be.

She is ‘first in’ and ‘last out.’ Kinda like the Marines ... only, evidently ... MOSSAD ... Israeli Intelligence.

The ‘sleeper’ was secondary to me. I happened to be in the same room ... and a witness ... to all that was said. I was likely to be the next target.

“There are Seven of us. I was assigned to be her bodyguard. I knew there was ‘something’ about the Chief of Security that was a little off.”

I was the only one at the table who caught the capital ‘S’ on the seven. She said it like ‘Seven’ was actually ‘Seven Incorporated. Private Security, Body Guards and Celebrity Protection.”

Two continued, “I was right.”

Alice approached ... she had a FULL tray. Coffee was distributed.

“Thank you, Alice. Alice, my card. Let’s go ... class.”

The table of girls all jumped, swore, lidded cups or poured new coffee in stainless travel mugs and grabbed book bags. We’re not late ... yet.

We were just a tiny bit late ... but we did cause a commotion finding seats.

“Miss Flintkote ... and Miss Two ... I’m so glad you could join us.”

Dr. Randal (Randy) Jackson is the Aeronautical Mathematics 303 instructor ... and he has been known to be sarcastic. He is also a former Marine pilot ... aviator.

“I have scheduled a field trip ... it’s in your syllabus ... for Saturday.”

EERK ... I quickly thumbed through my Course Catalog ... heck. Black and white ... there it is.

Expect at least three Saturday Field Trips

I told myself, you need to read each catalog entry ... the whole thing. Heck and shuckydarn. There goes my leisurely Beach and Tan day.

“We will meet at San Marcos at noon and tour the CAF base. Those without transportation see me after class. Miss Flintkote, you are listed as a non driver.”

“True, Sir. I’ll make other arrangements.” Yeah ... I’ll fly down. <Yes We will>

“Very good ... initiate, orientate and proceed.” His attention went elsewhere.

“Miss Two?”

“I’ll be there.”

“Now ... Mister Allen ... a summary of the mathematics involved to calculate the speed of the tips of an four bladed propellor at a 3100 hp engine speed of 2800rpm.”

“What is the diameter of the propellor?” Mr. Allen asked.

The professor noticed my hand, “Miss Flintkote?”

“Given that you flew Skyraiders during Vietnam. 14 feet.”

That was a show stopper. Half the diameter is 7 feet.

Knowing the length, Mr. Allen was able to calculate tip speed.

And class was off and running.

Saturday, Two and I pulled the Sandy out of the Hangar, ran the preflight, informed Austin Bergstrom International of intentions and waited until we got a ‘go’ ... we went. The “go” included instructions to one thousand feet and ‘get the hell outta the way.’ Politely.

A simple Up and Down of less than 30 minutes tower chatter, takeoff and landing included “Turn right maintain one thousand feet turn right at two miles. Maintain 1000 feet to Gary Airbase. Call us back.”

The call back...”Expedite landing at Gary.”

In other words ... we shoulda drove. But ... we’re here ... and so are students and instructor. The students watched us come in. Two slid her canopy forward and deplaned. I slid my canopy back and climbed out.

Dr. Randy said, “Does anyone know where Two and Tyche are?” His back was to us. Several students watch us as Two took off her helmet and released that marvelous hair and then it was my turn.

“Somebody wanna help me out of this damn flight suit?” I asked as I took off MY helmet.

Col Joe laughed...”Randy ... they just flew in. Isn’t that your old aircraft?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.