Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

“As to How I did it, since that was the primary question ... that entails a discussion of Psychiatry, and its attendant myths and the idiosyncrasies of its practitioners. The three or four mainstream acceptable proponents of the major branches ... or schools ... of psychiatry ... have ... at differing times considered the practitioners of schools of thought that do not coincide with their particular school ... as insane. ‘They are crazy!’ was often mentioned at medical conventions ... from both sides.

“Accepting that as a given ... Carl Jung postulated that we ... as humans ... contain ... unconsciously ... the thoughts and actions of our ancestors. I.E. what they know ... we know ... we just don’t know we know. My ancestors all know seven or ten styles of oriental martial arts. They know the katas and the moves ... so do I. I have demonstrated the katas when asked. My parents sail ... I sail. I have my own boat. My grandparents flew ... I fly. I’m well versed in higher mathematics because they were versed in higher math. The self defense of my person isn’t a learned thing ... I didn’t take classes or practice it for mastery ... it is resident in me. It is instinctual.

“And that flies in the face of present day mainstream thinking ... that postulates that everything we do is learned, either by observation or teaching. Humans are not supposed to do things by instinct. Some people claim humans are on a higher plane of existence. Instinct is what animals do.” I said ... finally taking a breath.

“I understood about every 4th word,” said the cop and the principal like twins. “Break that down to plain English.”

“I know what I know because I know it.”

“Okay.”

“I’m not doing anything my ancestors didn’t do,” and I gave that a think. Hmm? “Except...” and that except caused EVERYBODY to pay attention. “ ... in Ludington ... when I was flying my model ... I did something I’d never heard of any ancestor doing.” I knew I needed to explain ... so I did. “I watched a UTube of a giant scale Fokker DR1 flying nose skyward and dancing on its tail ... three or four feet off the ground. I didn’t KNOW how it was done ... there wasn’t any explanation how it was done ... but I needed to land and Where I usually landed was occupied ... so I did it ... Daddy said, ‘Back it to me,’ I did ... he grabbed the tail ... I shut it down ... and IT scared me. I’d never done it before and I don’t know what I did ... I just ... did it.

“That model cost Junior more than two thousand dollars and I was determined to keep the kids hiding where I usually landed from breaking it. They did break it later and Daddy had it all on video. In court ... they lied about it ... and had to pay. Their parents had to pay.”

“Tell us about the trial,” said the Chief.

“One of the boys was the son of a Ludington cop. Someone complained that I was flying a plane and I was only 4. I think the complainers were the three 9 and 10 year old boys who were jealous that I had a flying model ... and they didn’t.

“Some people ... who didn’t vote for the change to the Princessapality ... and don’t like it ... or refuse to accept facts ... or are just plain stubborn about it ... are reticent to accept that the country is the domain of a 19 year old girl ... the cop was one of those.

“It’s Junior’s rig ... plane and remote control transmitter and he ... the cop wanted to see her license. She was tanning on the BIG catamaran and ... naturally ... wasn’t carrying her license. The license was on our little cat. Nothing for it ... he went with Junior to have a look at her license. The boys broke the model and tried to say I had done it... ‘to make us look bad.’

“We have a color surveillance ... with sound ... system on the Big cat and it videoed them breaking the model. Took the whole bunch to court ... showed the judge the video. The parents of the kids had to pay ... full replacement value of the broken article. I got three thousand ... Junior got three thousand and the kids got probation. I stuck some of my trust fund with the three grand and bought a Fokker DR1 kit from Aerodrome kits and built it over the next two years ... it’s not aerobatic and I’m trying to sell it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.