Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 67

That means Alice Olsen is ONLY a year older ... for the next six months. The difference between fifteen and seventeen is immense. Sixteen and seventeen? ... not so much.

Alice was driving when we arrived. The entrance looked different ... instead of a chain on a hook ... there was an actual gate ... and a fence along the road frontage.

A new sign...

AUSTIN AREA HELICOPTER TOURS
RESERVATIONS ONLY
555-2965
Flight Training.
CHARTERS

Bud Field ... has a lock on the gate ... that was new. I called Bud.

“I’ll be right out.”

Fifteen minutes ... he walked.

“Nice car,” he said. “I had one ... oh ... back in ‘80. Didn’t look anything like that.”

He opened the gate, we drove through, he shut it and locked the lock.

“I had a key made for you,” Bud said. He fumbled with his keyring and slid the extra off and handed it to me.

He explained, “Homeland Security Regulations.” Then he noticed Two. Two was in the back seat. “Hello. Who are you?”

“Two of Seven.”

“Like Seven of Nine?”

“No ... Not a Borg ... I’m a scientist.”

And I said, “Two ... isn’t a little early in your relationship?”

“Why ... he’s going to find out ... might as well be sooner than later.”

“Find out what?” asked Bud.

“I’m Different,” she said.

“Try a fifteen year old with a genuine warbird and starting college in September for different,” said Bud

“I’m 16, Bud ... and a week,” I told him.

“Congratulations ... anyone spank you yet?”

I blushed and hemmed.

“That’s a no.”

Two said, “I never even thought of it.”

“Oh shit,” I said.

<16 ... We thought it was next month>

“Two ... your party is here.”

And Two was Seven.

I’ll miss her ... I can NOT believe I thought that!

<Oh ... we’re not taking her ... you’ll get her back.>

Drat!

<You are so much like your mother.>

In the space of a think ... Two was back ... a little shop worn. Not so crisp around the edges.

“Been on an adventure?” I asked her.

“Don’t ask,” she said. “You don’t need to know.”

“Go on, I’ll lock up,” Bud said.

The road had fresh gravel and mowed sides. Over the crest of the hill it looked the same ... except the junk (parts machines) was gone.

Home sweet home was down at the end of the extended runway. We parked and surveyed my new domain. Four HUGE containers set at opposite sides of a concrete pad. The pad itself was covered with a Quonset style covering. There would be clearance side to side and over the top of my Sandy (AD-2Q)

Out back, water sparkled and glinted. Our domicile was set at the banks of the Colorado River.

Standing there looking at the water, Alice and I had simultaneous thoughts, “Kayaks!” We said.

We turned to include Two ... no Two. Bud.

“What do you think?”

“I love it,” I said.

“Perfect,” said Alice.

“I mean the hangar,” he said.

“We do, too. This,” I waved at the river, “is icing on the cake. Bud ... You done good.”

He blushed. “Your trust paid immediately on billing ... no 90 days wait ... direct deposit, I hope you stay,” he said.

“Where is Two?”

“Sleeping in the car,” Bud said. “She looks so peaceful.”

“She drove most of the way.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.