Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 62

RING

“Bachman, Suliman, Turner and Scout.”

“Hello, I need an attorney.”

“We do that. You are?”

“Tyche Selene Flintkote, of Flintkote International.”

I love IBM ‘clacker’ keyboards. They sound like typewriters. The receptionist was busily entering data while multi-tasking ... and I could hear it. The pause was so brief, if I hadn’t been listening for it I wouldn’t have noticed.

“Tomorrow at two?”

“Two Wednesday?”

“Yes. Miss Flintkote?”

“Yes?”

“Identity paperwork please.”

“I’ll bring it.”

END

“Alice, I need a ride in the afternoon tomorrow. Two o’clock appointment.”

“Where?”

“Arboretum Plaza.”

“Lets go find it.”

“Okay ... and then bikini shopping.”

“Got it.”

Arboretum Plaza wasn’t far and I actually found the office,

“May I help you?” She said.

“Appointment tomorrow ... I wanted to be sure I found you.”

“Miss Flintkote?”

“Yes.”

“The partners are anxious to see you. Have you a minute?”

I nodded.

“Miss Flintkote is here.”

It must have been on a a speaker because all the office doors popped open and men is suits stuck out heads.

We were dressed in Bicycle Clothes ... next to nothing ... but good bike shoes. I look like my aunts ... and my grandmother. I have it from his diary:

After he returned from Chaos the second time, Jack thought... you’re an idiot. You walk through the portal, three days tops and you’re in the shit of Chaos. You only get to see Cassie ... and nearly have to die to do it ... once in three weeks. Cassie is unattainable. No matter what ... you’ll never have a relationship. There sleeps Sultry ... the most beautiful earth woman ... and you can have a relationship with her. Children born of this earth. If you don’t marry her you’ll regret it all the rest of your life.

“You’re Tyche Flintkote?” That was asked ... with a modicum of disdain ... by the greyest of grey heads.

“Yes ... and you are?”

“Bachman,” he said.

“I’ll be back tomorrow,” my voice is a low tenor ... just like my grandmothers. Through no fault of my own, my voice drips with unrequited lust and longing ... and it caused 4 trouser tents.

“Why not now?”

“I’m sweaty and I’m going swimming,” I said.

Evidently, the thought of sweaty me changing into a swimsuit produced small stains in the tented fabric of four Brooks Brothers suits ... and the receptionist excused her self.

“After I buy a suit,” I said.

Larger stains.

“At Gloria’s Secret,” I said.

Gloria’s Secret is famous for the filmiest of fabrics and the shape of their models ... bust ... large, hips ... wide, legs ... long and bubble butts. I wasn’t planing on buying Gloria ... but ... they were in the mall ... they were open and WE needed the suit NOW.

<That was just plain mean> the Seven said.

You guys with me?

<Yeah>

Why?

<We promised Sultry ... and Surprise>

Ya know ... we don’t have room in the car for all of you ... unless you stay together. I gave it a think ... and asked, Were you with me in Fiji?

<Yes>

You shoulda let me know ... I coulda used the help.

<We know>

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.