Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 39

“We’re here.” I said.

“All the way down?” Said Junior.

“Except takeoff and landings.” I said, “I will admit I didn’t nap.”

The questioning suit looked outraged, “You let a minor pilot?”

“Certainly,” I said. “I’m a minor pilot.”

And Junior stuck two cents in the pot, “And a very good one. I should know. I trained her.”

“And who are you?” Asked the suit.

“Got any money?” Junior said.

“Yes,” He said.

“A fifty?”

“Yes.”

“Look at it,” Junior suggested.

The suit took out his wallet and fumbled through his cash. He pulled out a fifty and looked. Lightbulb moment. “Oh Shit.”

“I was 13 when I posed for the engraver.”

“I issued her a PCC (Princessapality Concealed Carry Handgun Permit) because she’s worth ... what? Tyche? Billions?”

“I ain’t saying, Junior.”

“Along with being the first born third generation Flintkote ... she’s the heir apparent. She might never need the weapon ... better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.”

Alice nodded ... along with every person in the room.

The other suits were the Dean of Women ... a man. And the Dean of The University ... Dean Gregory.

“Ms Flintkote. Welcome to the University of Texas, Austin. You are not what we were expecting ... I mean ... you look like who we were expecting ... we weren’t expecting the package.” He realized what he said and blushed. “I mean ... we were expecting a fifteen year old ... and the way you look is going to cause trouble in a dorm setting ... to say nothing of the voice.”

Remember? ... Lycra bike shorts and top ... and shoes. The lack of anything else was evident.

“Thank you ... I hear that all the time.” I said, “I bought a place and won’t be living in a dorm.”

“Your parents? Are they here?”

“Fiji ... last I heard ... and that was at least 4 years ago.”

“What?”

“Daddy is an explorer,” I said. Well he is ... exploring Chaos ... him and Billy McWilliams ... and maybe mom ... fifteen minutes away from triplets ... who should be nine or ten by now ... or is it 11? ... is blessed peace ... even if it is Chaos.

“Who is your Responsible Adult?”

“That would be Auntie Mom. She was busy with her business and wouldn’t take the time off.”

“Auntie Mom?” He made the universal gesture that signifies ‘tell me more.’

“Surprise Flintkote ... I saw that look ... it’s a southern thing.” I explained, “Auntie mom was supposed to be after birth ... a Surprise.”

“You don’t have a southern accent.”

“Coastal Australia, Brisbane. I was born there.”

“You’re a foreign student?”

“Dad ... JW Flintkote was a USA citizen ... born in Tennessee. Mom is the Australian. I have Dual citizenship.”

Junior said, “Don’t forget New Zealand ... JW is naturalized and you’re his kid.”

“Oh ... Forgot.” I’m 19 in New Zealand ... Auntie mom and I were building boats in NZ starting when I was four.

Lest you forget ... Auntie mom held the Flintkote watch ... until I turned 12.

Now I have it. (Drum roll and ... Ta da da dum ... Ta da da dum.)

I’ve only used it three times. I’d like to use it now ... whoa. What brought THAT on?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.