Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 123

Sorry about the pun.

The Spad is fed, watered, washed and polished and sitting in its place in front of my repurposed hangar. There was plenty of room BEFORE my aircraft was displaced ... but. There is always a but.

But my growing posse objects to ‘the smelly, drippy thing taking up space’ WE need for exercise and dancing ... so.

Outside tie down.

Adam’s parents showed up.

“Adam?” Mom said, “Where have you been?”

“San Antonio.”

“What ever for?”

“Air show performance.”

“Who?”

A finger was pointed. I blushed. The look I got...

“No,” said mom. “Who flew?”

Same point. Same blush.

“You fly?” Dad asked, he wasn’t done... “Who is your A&P mechanic?”

“I do the maintenance. David Anderson, from Holland Michigan, is my consultant. He supplies my parts and...”

“I know David,” he said. “I’d like to scrutinize your Spad. May I?”

Of course I let him ... after I’d seen his certification.

He was very thorough.

“You’ve done this before.”

“We ... and I can’t tell you who ‘we’ were ... started transitioning Bearcats for A-1’s about 1962 ... and that’s about all I can say.”

“I understand.” And I do ... I’ve been places where I’ve never been ... in this body. Like New Zealand building boats with my Auntie. If I was still there I’d be twenty-two ... but I’m not ... there. I’m here and still shy of seventeen.

Ah ... life.

Bearcats for Spads... 1962 ... Vietnam ... yup ... the only thing that fits.

Advisor ... uh huh.

“I know that look,” he said.

I nodded. “Been there ... done that.”

“You might do for Adam, missy.”

“Tyche Selene Flintkote ... not missy. Adam has been useful. Everett? Not so-much.”

Alice said, “Don’t be belittling my Eve ... he scratches my itch.” She thinks Eve but pronounces Ev.

“So,” Mr Dent started. “Who owns?” The hand gesture was all encompassing.

“Bud owns the space ... the rest is mine. I bought the oversize containers, had the pad poured, bought the ‘tent’ and pay rent for the land.”

“Money?”

“Flintkote Farms ... we grow your salad ... which reminds me ... I need to confront my Board of Directors. I don’t like their hiring practices.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.