Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 116

One is the shape-shifter slash troublemaker. One is almost guaranteed to cause trouble and leave YOU holding the bag. I’d rather have Five.

<You wouldn’t like it> Five thought.

“I’m better off with One?” And that got a look from the passersby and a grin from Adam.

“Voices in your head?”

“Yup ... oops.”

“It’s Okay ... the voices in my head are responsible for my discoveries and my money.” He grinned. “You keep listening. There’s no telling what kind of new ideas they’ll come up with.”

<I like this one.>

“I like this one, too,” I thought ... at least I thought I thought it ... I didn’t mean to say it.

Did I?

Adam gave me a look ... hesitant and ... shy ... like he was new to the game.

Game?

The game of Seduction ... of course.

I was new at it, too. But girls KNOW ... we’re the ones who mature early ... and the monthly reminds us why we’re here. Every month we have the flow, we know we have failed the ‘Prime Directive’ ... it’s sad and joyful. We’re here for one reason ... and anything else is ‘extra.’

“Propagate ... propagate ... propagate ... rah, rah, rah.” “Get a little dicky and stop the flow.”

Sad ... I’m not pregnant. I did not try enough.

Joyful ... I’m not pregnant. Whee! I can try again.

“Your friend,”

“Two ... her name is Two. She is either next to first or she is next to last.”

“Depending on what honor is given to the order?” He said.

“Yes ... Seven is the boss.” I said, “When they are together they are- all of them- called Seven.”

“Interesting.”

“I’ll tell you, right now, they can be ... difficult. And unusual.”

All the while Adam was looking at the entrance ... and not finding what or who he was looking for.

I took the hint.

“How are you getting home?”

“My brother ... if he ever shows up. If not ... the bus.”

“I have a car. Would you like a ride?”

“May I borrow your phone?”

“Everett ... where are you?”

“What are you doing with her? I thought mom...”

“I’m at the airport.”

“A couple of hours? Everett!”

“Never mind ... Miss Flintkote has kindly offered to get me home.”

“Ooo ... Ev ... I did NOT need to hear that!”

Adam handed me my phone.

“Adam and Eve ... rett. Twins?”

“Yes.”

“And You are the responsible one.”

A nod.

I giggled. I never giggle ... I might chuckle ... giggle ... first time for everything.

“Baggage?”

“What I’m carrying.”

Well ... we made it to my Ford.

“This is your car?”

“Yup.” I said, “Cool, huh?” Slightly rising inflection. Nonchalant even.

“You know Mrs. Metcalfe?”

“Bought her Volvo, too,” I said.

He slapped his forehead.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.