Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 114

Tyche and Two drove Alice and her pack of study books to the airport. As is typical, on the last home game of the year, her parents flight was delayed by all the rats leaving the sinking ship. A final game loss had the alumni incensed. The defeat, a trouncing, by a third rate college, had repercussions later. Many guaranteed donations were not forthcoming ... no raises for the Athletic Department ... and fewer scholarships for out of state players.

The head coach, coaching staff and Athletic Director were all fired and the search for competent replacements was started.

After she watched Alice and family walk through the detectors and enter the flight lounge Tyche gave a wave that modified itself into a fist pump.

“YES! I get my car back!”

I am Priority Registrated for next fall. I know what tortures lie ahead.

Coming up ... Fall Break.

They don’t call it Thanksgiving now. Fall Break ... five whole days of freedom.

What ever shall I do?

<Don’t make any plans>

“What?”

“What what?”

“Did I say that out-loud?”

“Yes,” he said.

I looked ... he was familiar ... slightly ... sort of...

“I answer the voices in my head,” I said.

And HE said, “It’s only polite to speak when spoken to.”

He looked ... more familiar ... I must have ... too.

“You are the girl with the bicycle,” he said. “At the bus stop.”

Recognition!

“You took us to the Admittance Office,” I said...

My insides collapsed into a puddle ... my bones to jelly. “I need to sit down.” And did ... right in the middle of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Terminal Concourse.

He sat.

Passenger Traffic parted like the Red Sea ... except for Security.

“I’m ok, officer.”

He said that.

The cop asked, “You, Miss?”

<You just said goodbye to your best friend>

“I just said goodbye to my best friend ... it was a shock.”

<Good ... good ... stand up>

“Could someone give me a hand?”

<Even better>

The boy ... just a little older ... maybe 20 ... stood ... slid his hands under my arms and lifted.

The touch on the sides of my ‘girls’ almost put me down again.

He did not let go.

The cop led us to the seating by the windows. The view was majestic ... all those huge aircraft dancing.

The world was brighter than ever before. I was on the edge of seventeen. I had found Mr. Right ... maybe Mr. Right now ... but still.

Two showed up.

“I can’t leave you alone for a moment.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.