Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 107

He hung up. I hung up.

The girl behind the Animal Control counter said, “I changed the chip because Savannah cats are banned in Texas. He’s not a Savannah ... he’s a big house-cat ... with spots.”

“Okay,” I turned to Raul, “You got that?”

<So ... I’m just a plain ordinary cat?>

And the girl behind the Animal Control counter said, “Yes ... and don’t forget it. Wait ... did I ... no ... can’t be.”

<Did ... people I like hear me.>

“Holy Shit!”

“I don’t know about that,” I said. “Raul does it to the Deputy Sheriff all the time ... HE’s convinced that I’m a ventriloquist. You...” I stared at my cat, “ ... have gotten me in so much trouble.”

I switched to the clerk, “So ... you can hear him?”

“Yes,” she said. “You sure you’re not doing it?”

“Not me.”

<It’s me ... I like you.>

She blushed.

“I like cats. Always have.”

<I know. It shows.>

“So ... Tyche Selene ... interesting name ... goddess of Fortune and the Moon.”

She pronounced Tyche ... Ti ssh ... Everybody in North America does that, Tyche ... Ty-ke ... seems to be British ... and most of the European continent. I’m Australian ... Ty-ke. I told her so. “Tyke ... like nike shoes.”

Everyday I’m becoming more North American. Half the time I hear ‘Ty-ssh’ in my head when I think about me.

“Ty-ke?”

“Yes.”

“Not Ti-ssh?”

“Correct.”

“Hmm.”

<Took me a while, too.>

We both looked at him.

I didn’t know what to say.

She said, “I’m Harper Kennedy King. Call me Ken at your peril.”

I said, “Ms King.”

<Kenny>

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.