Kiss the Girls - Cover

Kiss the Girls

Copyright© 2020 by Quasirandom

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - When openly lesbian basketball star Dana transfers to a small rural high school, she hates having to go into the closet. Sweet Nikki and the rest of the cheerleaders need a jock girl to date to keep up their reputation that they’re all bisexual. What could possibly go wrong? A romantic comedy of manners about friendship, traditions, and creative ways of coming out.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Humor   School   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Public Sex   Slow  

Saturday was yardwork day. The grounds had been neglected for several years before they bought this house, and Dana’s father had dictated that it was a long-term family project to set the place to rights. All the kids helped, at least through the morning—no exceptions, if they wanted their allowance afterward. Though Clara and Brad spent more time complaining than working—Clara because she was pissy about getting dirty, Brad because he was a lazy brat.

Dana finally offered to cut down the dying pine in the back corner, just to get away from them. This made Brad brat out over not being allowed to use the chainsaw. Not that Dana cared, as the noise drowned him out.

After lunch, Dana finished cutting up the tree and stacking the wood. Without her siblings, it went more quickly. It was a good feeling, finishing.

As Dana showered, she felt a twinge in her lower back, from working bent over. She was going to be sore there, as well as her arms and shoulders. She did her usual stretches, but she wasn’t sure how much that helped. Maybe she needed liniment.

It was even warmer than yesterday—unseasonably so—and she dressed for her date accordingly. She made sure her earrings matched her outfit, and even put on make-up. Well, she started applying a base, but it felt fake and she scrubbed it off. She also ended up with just a ponytail, accented with two little tiger-shaped hair clips. When she last looked in the mirror, she still wasn’t satisfied, but she knew that was at least partly nerves—she always felt more like a giant gawk than usual when she was nervous. She confirmed with Thea she didn’t look awful, and left to pick up Nikki.

When she pulled up at the curb, a minute early, Nikki came out of the house. So no introduction to parents. Whatever. Dana opened the passenger door from inside to let her in.

Nikki, with curled ringlets and touches of glitter, looked stunning. Her scoop top and hip-hugging jeans were hot. Suddenly Dana felt dowdy—no, like an oversized giant. But Nikki’s wasn’t a look Dana could pull off, not with her build and even smaller bust.

They ate downtown, at the Chinese restaurant near the old railway station. They shared their entrees. Dana taught Nikki how to use chopsticks, a good excuse to touch hands often. Dana’s fingers tingled with every touch. Their talk was general, get-to-know-you stuff—classes, school, why Dana’d moved. Since they were both juniors, college thoughts. Guys.

“Not that I’ve dated much,” Nikki admitted.

Dana raised her eyebrows.

“Just once,” Nikki said flatly. “It didn’t go well. What about you?”

Which was about as clear as a flashing sign saying DON’T PUSH HERE. “I didn’t go out with many boys, back in Portland.”

Nikki caught the unspoken meaning. “Girls?”

“A few.” Dana cleared her throat. When Nikki cocked her head in curiosity, Dana admitted, “Several of us were out, on the varsity teams. We went out a lot.”

“A lot?” Directly asking what she’d hinted at, when Dana asked her out.

Dana wasn’t sure why she felt awkward, talking about this. It wasn’t like she wasn’t comfortable with dating around. “That’s—a good word for it.”

Nikki traced a circle on the table with the sweat pooling from her water glass. “Did you leave anyone special behind, back there?”

Dana shook her head. “No girlfriend, no. I haven’t been steady with anyone for a while. I dated around, but not—you know—any one.” After the way Charlene had broken her heart, she didn’t want to get that close to anyone again. Because Nikki was looking at her speculatively, Dana asked, “Want any more of the cashew chicken?”

Nikki blinked—Dana realized she’d just turned on a flashing sign of her own. “Oh, no, go ahead. Finish it.”

Nikki watched Dana oddly as she dished it onto her plate. “Are you sure?” Dana asked, offering the last pieces.

“Quite,” Nikki said firmly. “So, what are you taking?”

They got so caught up in comparing classes and teachers, they didn’t notice the time till just before the movie started. Dana hurriedly settled the bill, and they quickly walked the two blocks to the theater. With three screens, there wasn’t much choice, but they went with the romantic comedy. Dana bought the tickets, as well as soda and popcorn (fake butter = bleagh, as far as Dana was concerned, but Nikki apparently liked the stuff), though doing so caused some momentary confusion.

“But you got dinner,” Nikki said, as they headed for theater 2.

Dana held the door open for Nikki. “But I asked you out.”

“Oh. Uh, I guess you did.” Nikki pointed to an empty area to one side. “Over there?”

Dana nodded and followed. “That’s how we did it, back in Portland.”

“We ... don’t do that much here,” Nikki said. Meaning, girls dating girls. There was no gay culture here, no rules.

“What about you cheerleaders?”

Nikki shook her head. Right—the cheerleaders didn’t actually date each other, just jocks. And what was it Heather had said about girls who weren’t strongly bisexual? Dana bit her lip.

Nikki looked at her. “What?”

“Just, well—what if a cheerleader isn’t bi, what happens?”

“Ah. Well.” Nikki looked at the ad on the screen. “A few years ago, I’m told, a girl declared she was straight. The rest of the squad gave her a hard time about betraying the squad tradition, and she had to drop out.”

Dana blinked. “And this town takes its traditions seriously.”

Nikki flashed a brief, wry smile, but then the previews started.

The movie was a Boring Guy meets Ditz romance. The Ditz annoyed Dana—it was more fun to pay attention to Nikki. Especially when, a half hour in, Dana put her arm around the smaller girl’s shoulders. Nikki stiffened, and Dana almost pulled away, but Nikki slowly relaxed into her. After a few minutes, she was almost snuggled in, as much as she could through the armrest. Dana got to spend the rest of the movie breathing the sweet smell of clean girl and herbal shampoo, feeling her bare arm under her hand. It was a shame Nikki was too short to comfortably lean a cheek on her head. After a while, Nikki found her other hand, and held it.

Near the end, at one point when they laughed together, Nikki and Dana looked at each other—and kept looking. Long enough that Dana was about to kiss Nikki when the girl looked back at the screen. Dana swallowed and did the same.

As soon as the credits started, Nikki pulled away from Dana, and Dana unwrapped her arm—and a few seconds later, the house lights went from dark to dim. They walked out of the theater side by side, not touching. It was still warm out, but with a touch of chill underneath. They talked about the movie as they walked to the car.

“I didn’t like her,” Dana said.

“Why?”

“She had no—” Dana gestured helplessly. “No personal responsibility. She never learned better, either. He learned to lighten up—she should have learned to settle down. Also,” Dana added, “she was blonde.”

Nikki looked startled, like a doe in the streetlights. “You don’t like blondes?”

“Well, I prefer brunettes, actually. But more,” Dana flipped her ponytail, “I take blonde jokes personally.”

“Oh. You would.”

Dana wasn’t sure which comment that responded to. They reached the car, and Dana unlocked the passenger door for Nikki. They looked at each other a moment.

“Do you really?” Nikki asked. “Like brunettes.”

“Yes.” The corner streetlight caught the glitter at the corners of Nikki’s eyes. Dana wanted to lick it away. “But more important is that I like the person I’m with.”

“And...”

When Nikki couldn’t go on, Dana leaned down and kissed her. Softly, lipping her lightly. She tasted of orange lip gloss. It was as sweet as she’d expected, but her shoulders and back were stiff from sitting still after yardwork, and she had to stop. Dana pulled back and looked into Nikki’s eyes. So much for waiting, not pushing.

“I—” Nikki said breathily. Then she came to herself and looked around in confusion. Dana checked too. At 9:30 on a downtown side street, away from the bars, there weren’t any witnesses. Not that Nikki wasn’t out, as a cheerleader—but Dana knew about being careful with public displays of affection.

Nikki got in the car. Dana closed the door, and came around to the driver’s side. Nikki turned sideways to face Dana, but looked past her out the window.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.