Warrior Woes - Cover

Warrior Woes

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 39

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 39 - A genius overcomes innumerable challenges during his more than illustrious career.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Amputee  

“Yes, it’s your wedding and I’m cool with anything you and Ann decide to do. So yes, the Conniffs and the Hardys,” I said. “Do it. Ask them.”

“Good, good it’s the right thing to do. Too many relationships not to,” said Lance.

“Okay, and just so you’ll be the first to know. I have asked Cherry and she said yes,” I said. We’ll be doing the deed in Amarillo. She has family back there she hasn’t seen in forever.”

“Harrumph,” he said. “I’m shocked. Stunned actually. Super surprised.”

“Yes, I can see that you are. Try and get hold of yourself. I’d like you to be best man if you can get clear to join us,” I said.

“Certainly, of course. And, I think that you have finally found the right woman,” he said. “I see her as a true spirit, I do.”

“Me too,” I said. “The only downside is her pressing me to iron things out with Zoe. I’m going to try, but I will not tolerate being lied too. Cherry knows that. I wouldn’t be surprised if she warns the girl, or maybe even her mother.”

“Hmm, yes, there is that. But don’t be holding it against her is she does. Her hearts in the right place,” he said. “Okay, so when?”

“Middle of January. Like I said not long after your do,” I said. He nodded.

“Okay,” he said. “We will delay our honeymoon until after your wedding. I don’t see Ann as complaining about that.”

“Okay, I hadn’t thought of that. If she does seem a little skittish, we can postpone until say Valentine’s Day,” I said. “Wait, you know that’s a good idea. Valentine’s Day, how super romantic would that be!”

“Okay, if you can get your woman to go for it, the delay,” he said.

“I don’t think that that would be a problem. And we will be having our honeymoon in Cancun,” I said.

“Wow, gonna cost some bucks,” he said.

“I can come up with it, the money, not a problem,” I said.

“Good luck with that, but if you need a loan...” he said. I snickered.

“Trust me, money is never going to be a problem. Got it covered,” I said. “For the record, where are you two planning to go for your honeymoon?”

“Well, I want to take her to Paris, but that is a little more than I can do, but maybe Tucson,” he said. I think he was kidding.

“Let me be the one to help you,” I said. “I’ll let you know where you’re going in a few days. Okay?”

“Lee, I know you’re pretty smart, and you worked a miracle to get the money for Ian. But...” he said.

“Lance, money is not a problem. You just have to know what you’re doing. I do. Okay!” I said.

The man threw his arms up. Okay. I know better than anyone, apart from maybe Penelope, that you’re a freaking genius, but Lee, even for you there are limits,” he said.

“Think so do you?” I said, and smiled the smile of a man in control,


And the rescheduling of my marriage to my Cherry was accomplished, and it was all good.

And then it was New Year’s Day. And we were at 2nd Baptist church in Scottsdale. And my bud was married to a truly sweet woman, Ann Willis. And, I was best man, and Milt did the giving away of the bride, and Liz was maid of honor. And then we were all at the reception at the Harrington, talk about nostalgia. Well it was the right kind of place for a reception. My old bud, sergeant Biggs had been invited and that at my suggestion. Well, I had an ulterior motive.

The Hardys were there, their gift was in a big box; I figured as a big ass TV. The Longstreets too were in attendance and their gift was also large, but not large enough to be a large screen TV. I dropped my, our, gift, mine and Cherry’s, into the lock box on the table set aside for the gifts. And it was all good. I did not want Lance or Ann opening our envelope until after the do. That said, just in case, I did pull him aside to tell him to open ours after they got home, and, that as soon as they got home. He got my tone of voice and realized that I meant what I said.

“Okay, sure,” he said, giving me a look that was pure question.

The party continued its raucous pace for some time, and then we heard a shriek. I was with Cherry and Tina at that moment. It was Glory, or maybe Penelope, they were standing together and talking to sergeant Biggs. Suddenly the two women turned toward me. They were staring.

Putting two and two together, I realized that my bud Biggs had let a cat out of the bag. I sure that I knew exactly what cat it was too.

Then the two women were marching on me. Yep, there was no doubt about it: sergeant Biggs had torpedoed my ship.

“Okay, you’re smart,” said Penelope. “But not that smart.”

“Okay,” I said. “You are clearly right. Not smart enough to keep a wife faithful. For damn sure not that.”

“Lee, please,” said Pen. I’d stung her. I meant to.

“Lee, you saved us. I knew you got a loan to do it, but I mean ... a loan that big! And you paid it off in six months!” said Glory. Yep, I was right, my friend had sunk my ship.

“It was nothing. I would have done the same even for Grant,” I said, I was looking at Penelope when I said what I said. She was actually starting to tear up, well, a little.

“Damn it, Lee!” said Pen.

“What?” I said.

“How?” she said.

“It’s complicated,” I said, “and I’d rather not get into it. Oh, and I’m going to shoot my banker.” I think that they knew I was kidding.

“Lee, why aren’t you rich?” said Penelope.

“I am,” I said. “I have everything I need, and hopefully, a fiancée and future wife who will stick by me. A man, any man, needs that; but no more than that.” The two women looked at me like I was crazy.

“Lee, I’m sorry, I know I hurt you back then. I do take responsibility for that,” said Penelope.

“Me too, Lee,” said Glory. “I am so grateful to you. I owe you so much.” She was crying.

“Me too, Lee,” said Penelope.

We were at my friend’s wedding, and I did not want to screw that up for him, so I smiled and wheeled off.

The two women were talking to others. I did not know for sure as to what, but I was afraid I could guess.

It was a half hour later that she came back to me. I was sitting in my chair outside on the public patio sipping wine. She looked—something—maybe forlorn.

“Lee, anything to make it up to you, all of it,” said Penelope. I gave her a look and then I had a thought.

“Okay, undo the damage that you did to my relationship with Zoe. There is nothing you can do that would mean shit to me other than that,” I said.

“Okay,” she said. “I’ll try.” She didn’t argue with me. She walked away, but she was walking slow. I think she wanted me to call her back. There were no pigs flying that I could see so that wasn’t going to be happening.


Lance and Ann Conniff were undressing in the hotel room. The champagne was iced and the strawberries and other goodies were laid out in a very inviting ensemble. The envelope that his bud had specifically asked him to check out as soon as they got back to the hotel was sitting on the table. He knew it had to be something nice, maybe some money for their honeymoon. He was smiling.

“You open it,” said Lance.

“Me?” she said.

“Ann, it’s obviously money, and you’re in charge of that now. The woman always is in the family household,” said Lance. His new wife snorted.

“Hmm,” she said. “Okay, I guess it is my responsibility now. I don’t want you blowing our future security.” And she laughed. She took the envelope and opened it, then she actually frowned.

“Ann?” he said.

“It’s not money, well, not only that,” she said. She handed the items to him.

He looked at what he was holding and couldn’t speak, not at first. But then he did.

“Well, I guess our plans to go to Disneyland for a week are off,” he said, and he was frowning too.

“Yes,” she said, “Paris will have to do.”

“I don’t know how he did it. But the man can work miracles. And the money...” he said.

“Yes, ask him if he can get us more of that. I mean ten thousand is a lot, but ten million would be better,” she said.

“Hell no, I’m not going to tell him that. He’d do it! I owe the man too damn much already!” he said.

“Correction,” she said. “We owe the man. We are one now, you and me; and don’t you forget it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.