Warrior Woes - Cover

Warrior Woes

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 30

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 30 - A genius overcomes innumerable challenges during his more than illustrious career.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Amputee  

Our after passing, well taking, the bar party ended a little after midnight. I actually got a ride home from Liz and Milt, well, she hadn’t imbibed as much as the rest of us. I’d be picking up my ancient, but still good-running truck on the morrow. I still had the rest of the week off, so I was good, drunk, but good.

Friends weren’t exactly family, but in my case they almost were. And I was grateful for them, boy was I ever.

It was the 11th two days after the test. And it a little after 10:00 a.m. And the evil spirits were awakening me. I could hear them buzzing the buzzer on my apartment door. I rolled out in my underwear; well, it covered me well enough to allow me to be semi-decent as I wheeled myself to the front door to hurl insults at the visitors from the nether-world!

I forced the door open fast and furious and angrily. “Ian?” I said. He’d literally startled me.

“May I come in?” he said.

“No,” I said, and started to close the door, but he blocked my effort.

“Please, Lee, really,” he said. I backed my chair up a little and he entered. I knew why he was interrupting my sleepy-time. And I didn’t want to hear any of it.

“Whaddya want, Mister Longstreet? I was trying to sleep in. I don’t need this,” I said.

“What do I want? I want an opportunity to apologize,” he said.

“No, you don’t. You want to pretend to apologize, just like the other guy,” I said. “Tell, me you didn’t talk to him!”

“No, that would be a lie, and I am not here to pretend or to lie to you. Really, I’m not,” I said.

“So, you say. I don’t believe you,” I said.

“Nevertheless, I’m telling you straight,” he said.

“What do you really want, Ian. You got my wife. You got my kid. Aren’t those enough!” I said.

“I want to sit down with you and the Hardys, and talk this out,” he said.

“Sheeet!” I said, carrying out the vowel, that is not a misspelling. “You’ve lost your mind, mister. It’s all been said before and I do not want to hear it again, that’s do not!”

“You have to. You’re family. Yes, your family has shit on you, but that’s over with. It’s over with even if you don’t want it to be. So... ?” he said.

“So?” I said.

“You gotta eat, right?” he said. I stared at the asshole. But was he right? Did he have a point?

“I’ll think about it. Now get out and let me wallow in my despair alone,” I said, and I wasn’t kidding this time, not even.

“Okay, I’m going. But tomorrow night at the Harrington, 7:00 p.m. Don’t be late.” He said. “Oh, and leave your wallet at home; we’ll be paying.” And then one of the wife stealers was gone. The question remained: would I attend his little soirée?


Well, I did decide to attend. But I had a couple of back up plans in place in case the event turned out to be a bad idea. One Lance was with me but kinda hidden out in case I needed reinforcements; well, I was in a wheelchair. And two, I did not leave my wallet at home. I was early and I was already on my second glass of pinot. Oh, and I’d already paid for them, the drinks.

I glanced out toward the patio deck that ran along the length of the building facing the golf course. It was a warm evening out. So, Lance and I decided it would be the best place for him to hang out there while he waited to see if I gave him the high sign to leave or not.

I checked my phone; it was 6:38 p.m. I figured they would be coming in right soon. And then they were; well, the Longstreets were, including Tina Wyatt. They saw me and waved. A minute behind them came the Hardys, but no Zoey or Ronald. Interesting.

We were all seated in the big booth. I had an aisle seat; well, my chair was in the aisle.

“Well, you called this meeting?” I said, looking at Ian.

“Yes, well, okay,” said Ian. “I knew that you were not going to sit still for some garden variety ‘we all apologize’ announcement for neglecting one of the most important people in all our lives. Uh, especially those of us who are actually thieves, wife thieves. So, this is going to be something a little different than the usual. And I hope we can get through to you, and maybe, just maybe, hit a home run. Sorry for the baseball analogy; I’m a fan.”

“What?” I said.

“Please, Lee, this might take a bit of time,” said Ian. There was universal nodding around the booth.

“Okay, okay, do unto me,” I said. I was tempted to signal my bud to come and witness, well, I knew not what, but obviously something odd.

“Lee, you are the one man who saw me as a woman even with my leg; well, until Ian came along. You marrying me, and fathering our daughter made me whole again,” said Glory. “Had it not been for you it is unlikely that I would ever have had my face fixed. For a woman, well, I can’t even begin to tell you what that meant to me. I owe you mister. I will never neglect you again. I can guarantee that; and just so you’ll know, I didn’t realize I had until; well, until.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I said, and I said it sardonically.

“I’m a dirty rat, Lee,” said Ian. “That said I cannot apologize for falling in love with Glory. I love her mister. And I will do anything for her, and in case you care, for you either. I owe you that. I do. And one more thing; I will never even think of trying to take your place with that little girl of yours, nodding toward Tina, and I have not.”

I started to say something once I realized what was going on. But Ian raised his hand to stop me. But...” I raised my hand to stop him.

“Please, Ian. One minute please.” I raised my fist. Everybody looked around. Lance came striding up and gave me a look.

“Pull up a chair,” I said. I got another look but he did, pull up a chair that is. Everybody seemed to get it. Nobody said anything. Penelope took up the gauntlet.

“Lee, I wouldn’t have anything that I do have without you. From junior high school, through high school and college: you were there for me,” said Penelope. “Oh yes, and you saved my husband’s and our daughter’s lives. “no one owes you more than me. Neglect you in the future? Not happening.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I said, repeating my sardonic mantra.

“I’m the husband you saved. That really kinda says it all. From now on I’m there for you Mister Wyatt,” said Grant.

“Sure you are,” I said, again sardonically.

“I’m last I guess,” said Tina. “Yesterday, mom and dad sat me down and talked to me. I know everything now. I love you Daddy. Don’t kick me out for my past neglect. I’m sorry for anything I did. Really.”

At first, when the little sit down began, I did not know what to do or say. And I was sure I wouldn’t once I figured out their game. That is the reason that I had signaled Lance to come in. But now I did know what to say, sort of.

“And?” I said, looking over at my first ex-wife.

“She’s with her boyfriend,” said Penelope.

“That’s it then. Thanks for coming by,” I said. I started to back up and out.

“Oh no,” said Ian. “Dinner has already been ordered. Okay? Please?” I hesitated and then nodded.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.