Warrior Woes - Cover

Warrior Woes

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 26

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 26 - A genius overcomes innumerable challenges during his more than illustrious career.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Amputee  

“So, you really are transferring to where the poor people go to get their band aids,” said Penelope.

“Yes, gotta do it. No more staff nursing. It’s surgery from now on. Maybe I’ll hook up with some big shot doctor like you did,” said Cherry Willis.

“Hmm,” said Penelope.

“Yeah, yeah, I know, at my age...”

“Hah! You’re younger than me,” said Pen.

“Yes, but at forty-two, I can for sure see the top of the hill, and it’s all downhill on the other side,” said Cherry.

“Anyway, when you gonna make the move,” said Pen.

“First of the month. They’re losing two nurses over there, and they need me muy prontero,” said Cherry.

“Well, we are going to miss you for sure. But it does sound like a pretty good gig, for you,” said Pen.

“Yes, well that’s the hope,” said Cherry.


“Well finally,” said Evan Costley. “James said you just weren’t interested in doing anymore of the school gig.”

“Wasn’t, am now,” I said. “But, sir, I want to fast track things if I can. Hours don’t matter. A hundred hours a week is about what I can spare.”

“Just a hundred. Well, if you’re planning on taking it that easy...”

“Seriously, I want to work and get it done,” I said.

“Jim and I knew you were lazy, Lee, but I mean really...” he said, being humorously snarky.

“Really, I’m deadly serious,” I said.

“Actually, I know,” he said. “Look, Lee, if you will sign up to work for us, no free-lancing shit, just for us, exclusively, we’ll pay for everything; take care of all of the paperwork the whole schmear. Whaddya say?”

“I say, show me where to sign,” I said.

“That easy?” he said.

“You had me with the you’ll handle all of the paperwork,” I said. the boss man smiled.

“Okay then. You got it. I’ll have Beverly put the contract together. Be a day or two. Okay?” he said.

“Oh yeah,” I said. The man had a helluva grip; shaking hands with him was a challenge.

I headed back to work. I actually did have a lot to do.


“I heard,” said Lance. “Everybody’s talking about it. And the office is picking up the tab?”

“Yes, sort of,” I said.

“Sort of?” he said.

“I had to promise to work here exclusively until I die,” I said. “But I want to anyway. It’s where my roots are, and where all my real friends work or live near: you, Liz, Milt, the folks here at C&M. The situation works for me as they say.” The man was nodding.

“I hear yuh,” said Lance. “I feel the same.”

“Lance, I am not interested in the Hardys or anyone apart from us here knowing anything about this. Okay?” I said.

“I know. I absolutely know. If you want them to know you can tell them yourself,” he said.

“Exactly,” I said.


And then it was for damn sure all work and no play. Well, with no legs play had been a limited part of my situation for quite a while.

I saw her coming toward me—at my workplace! It’d been a while. “Penelope, what can I do for you?” I said, unenthusiastically said.

“Nothing special. I was in the neighborhood,” she said. “Thought I’d drop by and say hello.”

“Here? In this neighborhood?” I said.

“Yes, I hear you are working very hard for the firm,” she said.

“Yes, I guess I could make that claim,” I said. “And that concerns you why? And how did you hear?”

“No, no, it doesn’t concern me. I just well, I think about you sometimes. Wonder about you. I mean you know,” she said. “and as for the hearing, we run into people from time to time.” I was thinking Lance, but I didn’t voice my thinking.

“Not really, but thanks for the—thought,” I said. “I’m on my way home. So... ?”

“We should have lunch from time to time,” she said.

“Well, I’m not saying no, but like you said, I am busy, and that very busy,” I said. “At any rate, maybe one of these days.”

“Okay, well, good,” she said. I nodded, she left without another word, I got to my 1978 ride and drove off—weird.

That was really odd, was my first thought. I hadn’t seen any of them in quite a while; and except for once, a short Sunday visit six months gone, I hadn’t seen Zoe in a year, more actually.

They’d all but written me off, but here, now, just now, why was my ex apparently feeling the need to consort with me. Curious, not sure how I felt about that. Then again, yes I did: I didn’t care. If she or they came around and wanted to buy me lunch I’d eat with them and listen to their lies and then go home.


And then, I “was” eating lunch with them, both of the senior Hardys. They’d surprised me at the Pasture; well, they knew where to find me pretty much any time that I wasn’t working, and especially Saturday lunch time.

“It’s been a while,” said Grant. I shrugged.

“Can’t fault your reasoning,” I said.

“In our defense, we may be guilty but so are you,” he said,

“Yes,” said Penelope, butting in. “It wouldn’t kill you to visit us once in a while.”

“Hmm, no, it wouldn’t kill me. I’m just busier than you are; well, I think I am,” I said.

“Doubtful,” said Penelope.

“Question,” I said. “why the full court press to get me to come to your place. You got a family to be concerned with. I don’t. So, what would we have to talk about? I mean what would we have in common to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” said Penelope. “maybe the fact that you are part of it, the family. I mean you are Zoey’s dad,” she said.

“Zoey, yes, I remember her. She did drop by six or eight months ago. I remember now. Yes, I remember. I was her sperm donor, right? Yes, we could talk about that,” I said.

“Lee, yes, we’ve been neglecting you, but the plain truth is we’ve been as busy as you. That’s the God’s truth,” said Grant. “We would like to stop being neglectful. Could we expect a positive response form you along those lines?” I shrugged.

“Well, I never turn down a cold one when it’s free. So, maybe yes,” I said. “But, I only drink IPAs anymore, less bloating.”

“Well, good, so do drop by,” he said. “I do keep IPA in the fridge. Oh, and they serve it here.” He waved the floor girl down.

“One of these days,” I said.

“One of these days?” he said.

“Yes, well one of these days I’ll drop by if you’re really keeping IPA in the fridge,” I said. The man smiled.

“I do,” he said.

“Lee, about Zoe. She’s still a kid. Okay?” said Penelope. I shrugged.

“Whatever,” I said. “I don’t expect anything from her anymore. If she comes around, good, if not, okay.”

“Lee, really...” said Penelope.

The food I’d ordered came and theirs arrived five minutes later. Oh, and the man did buy the IPAs. CitraZona was the brand. Loved it.

Over the next while I got serious pressure, though kinda low key, from Penelope as regarded lightening up on our daughter. I just let her, Penelope, know that I’d be around if Zoe decided to drop by.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.