Adams' Apples - Cover

Adams' Apples

Copyright© 2020 by aroslav

Chapter 3: Down to Earth

JACK ADAMS GOT BACK TO EARTH after rendezvousing with the freighter at the ISS and switching command of his repair shuttle to Lee Burke.

“You got the easy stuff,” Lee groused. “I’ve loaded guidance for the shuttle from satellite to satellite in the deeper ranges of LEO. Sometimes it will take me three days to get from one to the next.”

“Watch out for those black ones. After I boosted that last one and reset it, all hell broke loose. I went back and it was completely fried. I towed it back for salvage,” Jack said.

“Yeah. We’ve been told now to stay away from military junk unless we get a specific contract from them. They’re spitting about having the Maytag repairman out tinkering with their assets.”

The two men wished each other luck and Jack headed for his debrief in India.


“Six months of solitude doesn’t seem to have affected you too badly,” Indira said at the debrief.

“I could use a shave.”

“Are you sure? It’s nearly Christmas. You could get a temp job as Santa Claus in an American department store. Just bleach it out.”

“Thanks heaps, boss. Are you laying me off?”

“Oh, no. Three months furlough for your round the clock work upstairs. Then you’ll go on the monitoring station in Florida. Maybe you and that pretty miss you’ve been courting can get some one-on-one time.” She laughed at his embarrassment; the blush seen through his heavy beard.

“I think I’d better go marry her first.”

“Good luck, Jack. And good work. You took care of over 200 satellites on this cruise. After a year dirtside, you’ll be eligible to return if you want.”

“Thank you, ma’am.” Jack headed out of the office and caught a cab to the airport.


“You’re home!” Evelyn shrieked. She rushed to his arms in the Des Moines airport. He picked her up to swing her around in a circle, causing other arriving passengers to dodge out of their way. “Are you going to keep this beard?” she asked, running her fingers across his face. “I like it.”

“Only enough of it to tickle you in places you like to be tickled,” he laughed.

“Oh yes! Let’s go home and you can start researching how much it takes to get the response you want. I love you, Jack!” He had only his carry-on and allowed Evelyn to lead him out of the terminal to the short-term parking area. “Do you want to drive?”

“Heavens no! I’ve been drivint a shuttle in outer space for six months. I don’t want to drive anywhere. It’s not safe.”

“Then get in. I’ll show you my piloting skills. I can’t believe you ran all around in orbit and can’t drive an Escape.”

“Do you see the tower over there?” Jack asked as he pointed at the control tower a good half mile away. “If I got that close to an object in space my collision avoidance alarms would be ringing in my ears. I’m sure I’ll readjust soon, but for right now, I just want to watch your legs as you work the pedals and your breasts as you breathe.”

“Jack! Just settle down. The sooner we get home, the sooner you’ll be able to get my winter coat off and really be able to see what’s under there.”

It took only half an hour to get to the little bungalow they’d rented while he trained for space. When he had to report to India, Evelyn went along to see him off and then returned to Des Moines where she knew people and had a good job. And once they were home, the clothing was shed at once.

“Mmm. Our little escapades by long distance were nice but seeing you, holding you, touching you ... that’s the best,” Jack whispered as he kissed his way down her neck to her breasts.

“It does tickle,” she giggled. “Why did you grow it out?”

“Shaving in the shuttle was more of a challenge than I wanted to endure. There were cut whiskers everywhere. It was easier to just let it grow than turn on the entire recirculation system just to clean the whiskers out of the cabin.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.