Adams' Apples - Cover

Adams' Apples

Copyright© 2020 by aroslav

Chapter 18: If Not Me, Then...

“I THOUGHT YOU CUFFED HER to the chair!” Smith yelled at Smith.

“We weren’t really restraining her,” Ms. Smith yelled back. “I tossed the other end of the cuffs around the chair leg but under the rung. It was just a reminder to behave.”

“That is so stupid!”

“She still has one end of the cuffs around her leg and is dragging the other.”

“But did she take the President’s daughter with her?” Smythe demanded, shaking off his drunk and acting like a commander. “And did she go willingly or was she kidnapped?”

“We don’t have any choice but to put an APB out on her,” Mr. Smith MIB said. “Secret Service, Homeland Security, FBI—everybody.”

“We need to assume it is a kidnapping and go from there,” Lieutenant Smith declared. He was already on his phone to his Army Intelligence contacts.

“We could find out she just went upstairs and we missed her,” Sheila said.

“I want my sister found!” Kitty declared. “You said your people thought she was a Russian agent. Humpty, do something!”

They all went back upstairs where I was sitting against Jack’s door with Elizabeth in my lap. We were editing each other as I tapped out a message to Ed, outlining the missing person scenario. Ed was feeding it straight through to the wire services. By the evening news, the kidnapping of the President’s daughter was the top story of the hour. They even interrupted the football game between the Lions and the Bears.

People were very upset.


My phone rang and everyone gathered round as a video call came through. It was difficult to see who was who in the dimly-lit room where the call originated but Scarlett Muffley was crying and asking someone to just give Reba what she wanted.

“Now listen up! I have the President’s daughter in a place you’ll never find her. If you ever want to see her again, bring me Jack Adams. I will have his baby!”

The room was busy as the Smiths and the military men were getting every branch of the country’s defenses tracking the call.

“Where should Jack come?” I asked.

“Bring him by helicopter to the roof of the old Biltmore. Just the pilot and Jack. We’ll leave the girl on the roof for you to collect and fly to an undisclosed location to mate. As soon as I confirm I’m pregnant, he can go back to whatever games that whore of his plans for him.” Smith was frantically signaling me to keep her on the line.

“It will take us a few minutes to get transportation and get Jack to it. You won’t hurt him, will you?” I said, stalling as best I could. “I’m responsible for his well-being.”

“You want to watch? I might fuck him to death. Other than that, why would I hurt him? He’s the savior of the planet. I just want to get the balls rolling.” She’s definitely blonde.

“Can we make a compromise? Just come back here to the suite. We’ll leave you alone in his bedroom like you planned this morning,” I said. Smith gave a thumbs up.

“Do you think I’m an idiot?” There was a pounding at her door. “What the hell is that. Scarlett, honey, go answer the door, would you?” She returned to the phone. “I’m not going to just walk into your lair. I’m too smart ... What the hell?”

Reba didn’t disconnect the call and everyone could see on my little screen, dark shadows moving in with guns raised. Scarlett screamed. It looked like the same squad that had broken into the hospital after Lily’s birth. Too many to count as Reba waved her phone around screaming about her rights. Finally, the phone went dark.

“Well, I guess the good guys got her,” Elizabeth said. “Uh ... Those were the good guys, right?”

“It looked like a SWAT team, so we have to assume so,” Lieutenant Smith said.

“I have confirmation,” Smythe said. “The rescue has been completed with no casualties, though one of the team members suffered a cut from a steak knife, wielded by Scarlett Muffley.”

“She wasn’t a hostage,” Kitty sighed. “Reba must have talked her into it. They were probably calling from Mother’s suite in the Biltmore. I’ll bet she thought by getting Reba pregnant, all the attention would be off her.”

“The way they sounded,” Sheila said, “I think they’d developed something more than co-conspiracy. Reba called her ‘sweetheart.’”


I spent a long time that evening typing up a more extensive story for the Sunday edition on how the Adams family spent Thanksgiving. I did, of course, append the recording of Reba’s video call to Ed and had him handle distribution.

Early Sunday morning, while the ink was still drying on the newsprint, Elizabeth and I had one more romp in the hay. Evelyn and Jack had a tearful goodbye. The two women and the baby left for the airport and their flight back to Orlando.

I sat with a Bloody Mary and began flipping through the 250 channels provided on the Blair House television.

Brothers and Sisters, are we bereft of our ability to reproduce? I tell you, no! God, in his infinite wisdom, has seen fit to withhold the blessing of children from us for this time. But consider Sarah’s laughter when she was told she would bear a son to Abraham. Did she not say, “I’m too old and can’t get pregnant?” Yet God reached down and touched Sarah’s womb and she bore Isaac.

I tell you, when man in his pride, fails to unlock the secret of our sperm, God will reach down and touch our testicles and the righteous shall bring forth children! This is God’s opportunity to weed out the proud and impatient. It will be those who show trust and patience for whom God will revitalize the sperm of the chosen and we will be fruitful once again and multiply and replenish the earth.

‘Why?’ you ask. ‘Why would God withhold the blessing of children in this age?’ Perhaps it is to show us once again the sanctity of life. I ask you, how many abortions have been performed in the past six months? Not one! I say, nary a one!

Now that we know how desperately children are needed in this world, we should be working on a daily basis to have the hateful laws that allow the killing of innocent babes in the womb repealed! This is the work God has set before us, brethren. When he sees that we are serious about the preservation of life in the mother’s womb, then may he look down upon us with the mercy God showed Nineveh and restore our masculinity. Restore the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Once again make his people as the stars in the sky! Amen.

I switched stations again.


“Is it martini time?” Jack complained as Smith, Smith, and Lt. Smith sat at the table with him playing cards.

“Sorry, Jack. Doctor’s orders. No alcohol in your system when we go to the clinic tomorrow,” Sheila said, softly patting his arm. “Maybe one of these guys would take you down to the gym in the basement. Ramsey, you could use a workout, too. Colonel?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.