Optometry - Cover

Optometry

Copyright© 2020 by Westside24

Chapter 7

If these get togethers Dan was having with Pam and Judy were going to continue he wasn’t sure but thought that they would since they gave no indication they wanted to end it. He thinks nothing serious will develop in these relationships he is having with them. Since he is single, fairly good looking and an optometrist, he on occasions will notice some women expressing an interest in him or some well-meaning people trying to fix him up. “What will be will be” is the thought he has when this happens.

Beth arrived on Saturday just before noon. She said she did an early start but even with doing that the holiday traffic was terrible. Because of the phone call she made from her car better pin pointing the time when she would be arriving he met her at his office. She gave the office a good looking over saying she liked what she saw.

Dan took her to lunch at the local diner where they talked more about the specifics of the business as to how he practiced, the number of clients, and the income it generated along with the expenses. They both knew the amount of income was the main factor in deciding what the business was worth. The price Dan was asking for the business with its equipment was discussed. Beth said she need some time to think about it which Dan understood.

To help Beth make up her mind he took her for a ride showing her the town which included a drive around the beautiful lake. He pointed out the medical clinic and also the dental clinic that John Wilkinsing wanted which were constructed here. Beth said she was impressed by what she saw because it looked to her that it was a nice town and a good place to live. Dan said he had also come to that conclusion which is why he decided to open a practice and live here.

In discussing where Beth would spend the night she said she had made a reservation at a hotel by the University’s hospital.

Dan’s suggestion that she cancel her reservation and stay with him caused her to raise an eyebrow. He saw her do this and laughed. He explained that she could stay in his trailer and she would be completely safe. He drove to his house and showed her the trailer which he could see erased the concerns she had and she cancelled the hotel reservation.

He left her saying cocktail hour would be at his house at six. After she had settled in and done what women do to refresh themselves she came to his house for a cocktail before they went out to dinner. Beth complimented Dan on how he had decorated his home.

It was a good cocktail hour for a few reasons. One being that Beth told Dan she thought about the offer to purchase his business along with the terms he proposed. She accepted his offer but with the proviso that instead of a three percent interest rate that it be changed to two percent. Beth said from what she knew this was the rate Wilkinsing was doing on small business loans. Dan agreed to do that.

The second reason it was a good cocktail hour was because Beth had changed and put on a dress which just showed the attractive woman she was. The scent he caught of the perfume she was wearing added in a nice subtle way to her appearance.

For dinner they went out to Ken’s West and ordered the fish and chips. Beth thought it was an enjoyable meal to which Dan agreed. They continued to have a nice conversation and after eating they went to the lounge and found a table to sit at.

Dan couldn’t help but think that he wanted to know Beth more which prompted him to ask, “I don’t mean to be presumptuous but are you involved with or seeing anyone?”

“No, no one at present but why are you asking?”

“The reason I am asking is that I would like to take you out when you move here if that would not present a problem.”

“No, no problem all and I would like you doing that.”

It was a good evening and made enjoyable because of a few drinks and a few dances along with some interesting conversation.

The next morning Dan could see Beth was awake when the shades on the trailer’s windows were raised. He walked to the trailer and invited her over for breakfast.

Sunday was spent doing more driving and giving Beth a larger view of the area. He drove to and around the University’s hospital and he pointed out various clinics that were in the vicinity of the hospital. Continuing on he drove to where the country club was located that he said he was considering joining. They went into the large clubhouse and looked at what were the various amenities. Dan said the cost for membership was reasonable compared to what clubs in and around a big city cost for membership. He told her he was considering taking up the game of golf. Beth said she golfed and had a fourteen golf handicap.

Beth did express a concern as to where she would find housing. Dan knew Sally was in Reno for the weekend which made her unavailable. He told Beth that if she wanted she could put what she had in storage and live in his trailer until she found something to rent or purchase. She thanked him for the offer and said she would do that.

It was another nice evening this time which they spent at Ken’s in North Rivers.

Beth was up early Monday morning saying she needed to leave soon in an attempt to beat the holiday traffic. She would give her notice at work and be back here in two weeks. She said she assumed Dan would have the necessary papers for her to sign when she came back.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.