Optometry - Cover

Optometry

Copyright© 2020 by Westside24

Chapter 3

The following morning Dan checked the internet and saw at his web site that there were almost four full days of appointments booked at the school. What struck him a little bit interesting was that there were a number of appointments booked after three o’clock which he thought were after school ended. The three o’clock appointment was Pam Driscoll and he assumed the other ones at that time or later were teachers.

Dan didn’t see Stacy at the campground the next day and thought she must have left. Dan walked around the campground, surf the net and checked his e-mail along with watching a little TV. He replenished his beer supply at the campground store and just relaxed thinking about and making sure he was ready for tomorrow.

Finding the school was no problem because of the GPS. Pulling into the school’s parking lot he saw where cones were setup which he assumed designated where he was to park which he did. He also noticed an electrical outlet which he plugged his long extension cord into after stabilizing the trailer.

Putting on a lab coat he walked into the school and found the Principal’s office. A lady was sitting at a desk on which there was a name plate that said Pamela Driscoll. She was either in her late thirties or very early forties and was above average in her looks. The reason he rated her above average and maybe it should be higher was because he could see the big rack she had and thought they had to be forty double ds.

“Pam, I am Dan Brighton the Optometrist. I am set up and ready to go and do the exams. I want to give you a copy of the appointments that have been scheduled and paid for and ask that you make some arrangements for the students to come at their scheduled time.”

She said she would handle that and appeared not to want to have any further conversation with Dan. He left her office thinking about her coolness and returned to the trailer to await his first student to exam.

Nothing out of the ordinary occurred during the morning exams. He gave to all of those he examined eyeglass prescriptions to give to their parents. Dan was able to send the parents e-mails indicating there were no problems that he found in doing the eye exam.

For lunch Dan made himself a sandwich and took a diet soda from his refrigerator.

The afternoon session resulted in Dan finding one student having pink eye. Dan sent an e-mail to the student’s parents and advised that the student should stay home for three to seven days till the condition cleared up as it was highly contagious.

Dan could see that school was over at three because of the rush of students leaving the building. His three o’clock appointment was Pam Driscoll. She seemed to have a better attitude and said she wanted the strength of her contact prescription checked as well as wanting a prescription for eyeglasses. Dan told her he could do that but since she was wearing the contacts it would be best to do the prescription for the eyeglasses when she hadn’t been wearing her contacts for a while. Dan suggested that she just wear her glasses tomorrow and she come in during the lunchperiod and he could do it at that time.

She said that she would be here then. Pam also said she had no objection for the trailer staying overnight where it was presently parked.

The remaining patients were teachers of various ages who either wanted their contacts or eyeglass prescription checked or a prescription renewed since their present one was going to or had expired. Two of these teachers who were elderly were informed that they had cataracts. One was told she needed to be checked yearly and the other was told she needed to see an ophthalmologist to have the cataracts removed.

For the evening Dan walked to a restaurant for dinner and back to the trailer to check his e-mail and watch a little TV.

The next and the following days were almost a duplicate of the first day. What was a little different was Pam at her noon appointment. After doing the eyeglass prescription she asked him if she could see the remainder of the trailer. He was starting to get some good vibes from her now by how she acted and things she said. Because of that he thought or maybe hoped that it wouldn’t take much of an effort on his part for more to develop between them.

While she was older than him because of the body she had he was not going to be concerned with the age difference. He also knew if something was to happen between them it could be big trouble for both of them. He told her to go ahead and look at the trailer but he stayed in the examination area while she did her perusing.

One of his later in the day appointments was Judy Wallace the fifth grade teacher. She was about Dan’s age and besides being single was fairly good looking. There was some conversation with her during the exam with Dan asking her where the action was in this town for people their age.

She said it was Ken’s West which on the weekends had a three piece band and attracted a large number of people. He thanked her for the information and said he would probably go there Friday night. He also felt that he was getting good vibes from her and thought it was a fifty fifty proposition that if he went to Ken’s West Friday night she would be there. That’s why he made the remark to her about him going there.

On Friday just before school ended Dan went into the school building and to Pam’s office. He thanked her for her help in setting up these exams and presented her with a dozen roses and a box of chocolates. He could see from her reaction that not only was she surprised but she was also appreciative of him giving her these items. Dan asked her for permission to leave the trailer here tonight and move it early tomorrow morning which she said was no problem.

In leaving Pam and going back to the trailer for the remaining appointments he couldn’t help but think about that big rack she had and how much fun he would have in playing with them. He had the feeling she could be more than he could handle in bed and he could only dream about something like that happening.

Later in the early evening after washing up Dan did the twenty minute walk to Ken’s West. He did the walk because he wasn’t that comfortable in doing the unhitching and hitching of the trailer.

There was a good crowd at Ken’s. He wasn’t at the bar for longer than five minutes before he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning he saw it was Judy Wallace doing the tapping. She said she was sitting at a table with a girlfriend of hers and asked Dan if he wanted to join them.

Dan was no dummy which had him tell her it would be his pleasure to do so.

At the table Judy introduced him to Karen Sloane. She was about the same age as Judy but to put it nicely Karen was a little on the heavy side, maybe more than a little. She did however have a nice personality and was a fun person to be with because of the remarks she made.

Dan enjoyed talking with them. When the band was playing at their insistence he danced to a few songs with each of them. Dancing was not a strong skill he had but he knew enough so as not to embarrass himself. Overall he had a fun time in being with them and said when he was leaving that he would probably be back here tomorrow.

On Saturday morning Dan was driving pulling the trailer back to the KOA campground he had previously stayed at. This was in the wrong direction from the town of North Rivers where he had made arrangements with the Principal of the school for Dan to be there next week but he liked this campground.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.