Hope and Betrayal - Cover

Hope and Betrayal

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 2

She wasn’t nervous, not really; she’d made up her mind, and her decision was final, absolutely final. The man approached and was smiling.

She handed the man $450, and smiled. He looked own at the fist full of wadded up bills and counted it, the money.

“Where’s the other fifty,” said Wesley.

“That’s the last of it,” said Lea.

“The last of what?” he said, reacting to her tone of voice.

“The last money you will ever get from me. Oh, and we’ve moved out of that shit apartment you’ve been good enough to let me and Anna use. Have a bad day,” she said and stalked off.

“You won’t make it in the real world, Missy. Ex-whores are not real popular with the law-abiding citizenry,” he said, at her retreating self. “You’ll be back. Oh yeah!” she flipped him the bird and trailed off toward the bus stop.

Anna was waiting for her on the corner. “Does he know you held back $200 bucks,” said Anna.

“Hell, no. You think I wanna get killed,” said Lea.

“We gotta get outta here, now!” said Anna. “You sure your mom’s okay with me moving in with you guys?”

“Yes, I cleared it with her when I told her I was quitting the business. Actually, she’s real happy right now,” she said.

“Thank God! But wait, you don’t think that the king of assholes will come after us now you’ve quit working for him?” she said.

“I don’t give a shit. We’re done with him and his, and I mean forever,” said Lea.


“You gonna let her get away with running off?” said Eric Gold.

“She’ll be back. Plus, we gotta cool it for a while anyway. Maybe head over to California for a bit. It’s getting a little too hot around here,” said Wesley Parker.

“Hmm, okay, I could do with a little sun and sand,” said Eric.

“You don’t get enough sun around here, or sand either?” said Wesley. “I mean really?”

“Yeah, but we’re a little short of ocean here in Arizona,” said Eric. “And anyway, what About the other girls? I mean there’s nine of them now, counting you know who.”

“Whatever. Anyway, we’ll be back, and so will our honeys,” he said. “Including Missy Lea. She just thinks she’s through with the game. She’s too damn dumb to make it on her own; she’ll be shacking up with her momma for now; and you know how that worked out the last time she tried it. As for the others, they can just cool it for a while or risk the street at night. It’ll make them appreciate us more when we get back.”

“Whatever,” said Eric.


“You girls, will need to share. Okay?” said Cecilia Scott.

“Yes, mom, we know,” said Lea.

“Your mom is very nice to be letting me shack up here too,” said Anna.

“Yes, well, she trusts you to watch out for me. I told her it was you got me to make the career change. And about that... ?” said Lea.

“Yes, I’ve already talked to Martha and you’ve got the job. It’s going to be part time for now, like mine, but considering that you were giving Wesley most of the money you made anyway, your income won’t actually be coming down that much,” said Anna.

“Yes, well that’s a true thing isn’t it,” said Lea. “But when do I start?”

“You need to go in Monday and talk to Martha yourself,” said Anna.

“Okay, good,” said Lea, “I will do so.”

“You know, Martha’s isn’t that far from that corner you used to work. Maybe you could make it a point to meet up with that trash guy and talk him into marrying you—or me,” said Anna. I mean if he’s as short as you say and not real good looking...”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.