Hope and Betrayal - Cover

Hope and Betrayal

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 13

“How did it go?” said Carlton.

“Good and questionable,” said Lea.

“With an opening like that, I expect there is going to be quite a story attached to it,”

he said.

“Kinda,” she said. “He does have a cellmate, like James said. And the cellmate seems to be an okay guy. He didn’t go into detail about him, just said that they were getting along. I could see he felt better about things having somebody inside with him.”

“Okay,” he said. “But there a ‘but’ in there somewhere I can hear it in your tone.”

“He wants a picture?” she said.

“Well, I thought you had one to give to him,” he said.

“I did and I did. But he wants a picture of me. A good one showing how beautiful I am—his words. He wants to be able to brag to his fellow prisoners what his beautiful, wonderful, faithful, loyal and loving girlfriend is like. Kinda make them eat their hearts out; well, until he finds out he’s been betrayed,” she said, and she began to cry.

“I thought you said, he was okay with you finding a man,” he said.

“He did and that more than once. And he meant it. But the reality of it, were I to tell him while he’s in there...” she said.

“Yes, I see what you mean. Well, you do need to get him the picture, and it has to be right away. Have it professionally done and obviously so. That way he likely won’t be asking for a lot of them down the line. We’ll go through it once and that’ll be enough,” he said.

“Good, good,” she said. “I see what you mean. Yes, I agree.”

“Did he ask about Kari?” he said.

“Of course, he did. And he gushed about the picture too. He really is concerned about her, or maybe it’s more about him and her,” she said. “he is definitely into his fatherhood.”

“That’s because he is a good man. A very good man. Like there is any doubt about that. I swear if the man gives me a chance, I am going to be real good to him. I mean real good,” said Carlton.

“Well, the hope is,” she said.


The two women were sitting in the booth at everybody’s favorite foodery, Pearl’s. The burgers were consumed and in the process of being digested. Anna Claiborne was stirring her coffee; she took a little milk no sugar as a rule.

“How did he look?” said Anna.

“Thin, weak, tired: I don’t know. He looked like he was in prison, a very bad place, especially that place,” said Lea. Anna nodded.

“I gotta get up there to see him one of these days,” she said. “You think that that would be a good idea?”

“Hell, yes it would be a good idea!” said Lea. “Did you actually mean that to be a question!”

“Well, I mean, I’ve never been to a prison before. I’m just afraid of, well, being afraid,” she said. Her friend nodded her understanding.

“Oh, okay, sorry. Now I see what you mean. Anna, it’s not scary for the visitors. It is uncomfortable the first time. I mean the searches, the looks you’re going to get from the woman deprived inmates. I mean it is not a nice place. You just need to focus on who you are there to see, not the environment,” said Lea. “And, I can tell you, you will feel very good because you will be so very much appreciated by the man. I can guarantee you that much for sure. He is so lonely.”

“Okay, that settles it. I am going. I have to apply, right?” she said.

“Yes, and it’s a pain in the ass, but I can help you with that,” she said.

“Thank you. I will accept your help there for sure,” she said.

“But one thing,” said Lea. “Do not, by any means or accident let him know about Carlton and me. If you do it will destroy him. And, as far as he knows I am still working at Martha’s even though you’ve moved on from there; he does know about that as you and I have discussed. You really will have to think before you open your mouth. I mean each time you open your mouth.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.