To Be or Not to Be, Maybe - Cover

To Be or Not to Be, Maybe

Copyright© 2020 by Amun

Chapter 3

Fourth Down and a Million miles to go.

Where were we, when was this and how did we get here?

That first question was the most important one. I look at X-002. Yeah, same look I probably had too. “Two probes please, 1 each direction around the equator.” That effort netted us nothing. “North and South now!” Followed by more sweeps East and West in ever-increasing arcs of 3 degrees. We saw a lot of green and browns but nothing else.

‘What now?’ I thought. ‘This was not in my programming! Either we somehow bypassed Step One and Step Two or we were in deeper than anyone thought ... although!

“Deep space probes release if you would number 2, try to determine if where we are should stay this way very long or do we have another crisis pending.”

‘All in all this planet does not seem bad for humans, not bad at all considering’.

Not that there were so many ways to compute the time remaining for a planet but obvious threats like these Black Holes or a large comet bearing down may affect the viability of any landing area. We did have another option now that was unexpected; merely repeat our time jump and hope. Right, ‘a bird in the hand’ seems to be preferred.

While we waited, a very complete check of the ship, bots and androids would take place; the probe’s findings would require significant evaluation in lieu of more specific instruments on-board. It would have been easier and much faster if we had an idea what to look for. NADA, we did not even know where we were or when!

“Number One, initial reports from two of the probes are coming in.”

Soon after. “Surface probes show this planet can sustain human life. More importantly, why are there none and no sign of anything but plants?”

More planet probes were sent out. ‘In-depth analysis is needed; then perhaps... ‘

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.