To Be or Not to Be, Maybe - Cover

To Be or Not to Be, Maybe

Copyright© 2020 by Amun

Chapter 2

I am X-001, this begins my log of the ‘mission to the stars’ as my creator has called it, where we are to terminate. Something like this, a journey that has never be done before has inherent risks to it. My creator has told me what often happens to even the best-made plan, the gods laugh. So our marvelous venture ‘must have them rolling in the aisles’.(Not certain what they meant by that) Not that meaning, my use of terminate means where we hope to end up, not that we all will ... never-mind.

X-002 is my backup on this mission. X-003 and X-004 will emerge when we disembark for Step One away from the ship hopefully. ‘The Last Hope’ is the name of our vessel. It seems quite appropriate since, from what I was told the future of humanity rested upon the success of what we had been tasked to perform.

My crew consists of 10 androids and 120 robots for various ship tasks prior to any landing party, 900 others are reserved for landing and to replace those lost in executing Step One. At that point 10 more cloned specialists and a number of security androids will also land with the initial landing party. When secure more cloned workers will be added to undertake readiness for Step Two.

Some technology will be required which we currently do not have, perhaps never have. If so the fate of mankind is to await the same fate as we have today just more time fore that to happen. My orders will require that the clone shells not be used beyond what had been deployed to ready Step Two should a solution go unsolved. Some reason was given, ‘doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results was insanity.’

Step Three. Could be ... as yet this is not yet determined.


Murphy Joins-up

This was unexpected to say the least. Every power output the ship could produce, even our reserves was being used. In a flash of light, we ... we ... went someplace. Exactly where and when is yet to be determined. From all observation it is apparent that planet below us ... is not the Earth unless it is now mostly green and brown and added two moons as satellites. There is only one question that could be asked, which is ‘What happened?’

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.