The Rask Rebellion - Cover

The Rask Rebellion

Copyright© 2020 by Snekguy

Chapter 21: Oathbreaker

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21: Oathbreaker - Betrayal! The Rask have launched a surprise attack against their former allies, plunging the territories of Borealis into a bloody war. The tyrannical Matriarch deploys her pirate legions to seize control of the planet's trade routes, while a UNN Assault Carrier lands a battalion of armored vehicles on its surface to restore order. The Coalition forces must drive across the Dune Sea, thousands of kilometers of inhospitable desert, fighting off the Rask army as they go.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Military   War   Workplace   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Group Sex   Harem   Orgy   Cream Pie   Exhibitionism   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Tit-Fucking   Big Breasts   Size   Caution   Politics   Slow   Violence  

They lay together on the sullied sheets, sweet exhaustion overtaking them, their bodies drenched with stale sweat and sticky fluids. Cooper lifted his head, peering around the room. It looked like a bomb had gone off. The shower cubicle had been reduced to a pile of broken glass, seemingly every table and chair upturned, silk drapes, and elaborate tapestries torn from the walls. There were furrows in the carpet left by claws, shattered vials and decanters, the torn mattress stained with wine in places.

“What time is it?” he wondered, sighing as he lay back on the bed. “There’s no bloody windows in this place.” He rubbed a bruise on his hip, realizing that Korbaz had made good on her threats.

“The hour grows late,” she replied, lounging on the sheets beside him. It seemed that her passion had finally been quenched, her breathing now slow and regular. It was the first time that he had ever seen her truly relax. “We should rest soon. It would not do to go into battle tomorrow tired.”

“Or with a banging hangover,” he added, giving her a nudge with his elbow. “You sobered up a bit now?”

“A bit,” she chuckled, covering her eyes with her furry forearm as she exhaled a satisfied sigh.

“So, you going to listen to what I have to say now? That was the deal, right?”

She moved her arm, opening one yellow eye to peer at him.

“I suppose I should keep my word,” she grumbled.

“Sorry to drag you kicking and screaming back to reality, but it needs to be said,” he began. He rolled over onto his side so that he was facing her, the round ears atop her head swiveling to track him. “You told me that you already tried to end this, right? You wanted to surrender? What was your plan, exactly?”

“I went before the Matriarch and advised her to sue for peace,” she replied, turning her gaze back to the ceiling. “I wanted to surrender the remaining crawlers in the hopes that their crews might be spared, and that the wounded might be treated. Those who were irradiated in the attack against the Tornado suffer greatly. We have no means to heal their wounds.”

“And she shot you down?” he asked.

“She accused me of cowardice, she said that my only chance to redeem my honor would be to die in battle.”

“And you just accepted that? Korbaz, you made a wise decision. The Matriarch can’t win this war, it’s impossible. The best thing she can do now is minimize her losses and try to negotiate a favorable surrender. The alternative is getting fucked by the long dick of the Navy, which is going to happen sooner or later.”

“I know that,” she sighed. “Her plan is to fortify the territory, endure a siege, command every pack to fight the invaders to the last.”

“She’s scared,” Cooper mused, “she’s not thinking tactically anymore. Korbaz, you keep telling me how Rask leaders are supposed to care for their charges, right? You’re a good Admiral, you care about your men, you wouldn’t sacrifice them for intangible concepts like honor if you had the choice. The Matriarch is a despot,” he added, his brow furrowing. “She’s willing to burn the entire territory and everyone in it just to protect herself. She’s using you, and everyone else under her command, as living shields.”

“She is Matriarch,” Korbaz replied, “what would you have me do? If I do not obey her orders, then the Crewmasters will simply go over my head.”

“What if you were king of the idiots?” he asked, Korbaz turning her head to blink at him.

“What?”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you turn this janky piece of shit around, drive it home, and tear the Matriarch a new arsehole, wouldn’t that make you the new Matriarch?”

“It doesn’t work that way,” she explained. “One can challenge an Alpha and assume their position, this is the basis of our society, but official titles are different. Such positions can only be gained through appointment, either by the Matriarch or Patriarch themselves, or by a council of high-ranking Rask.”

“How does that work?” he asked, confused.

“I am Admiral because I was appointed that role by the Matriarch. If someone able to best me in a bout assumed that role but was unqualified for the position, it would result in disaster. To attempt such a thing would go against the will of the Matriarch, and would thus be a slight against her.”

“Like Vitza,” Cooper continued, nodding his head. “He’s no fighter, but the Matriarch values his expertise, so she appointed him as Chief Engineer.”

“Precisely,” Korbaz replied. “Just because someone could overpower him does not mean that they could do his job. The same would be true of the Minister of Armories, or the Treasurer.”

“So, how did the Matriarch get appointed?”

“Becoming the Alpha of Alphas is as much a question of popularity as strength,” she replied. “By the time a Rask is vying for the position, they will already have bested many Alphas and earned much renown. If they are cruel or incompetent, then there is little chance of them remaining unchallenged in their own social circles.”

“So ... it’s kind of merit-based?” Cooper asked. “If you’re a cunt, your pack will always be trying to depose you, so only the best blokes rise to the top?”

“You could put it that way,” Korbaz replied. “A good Alpha is loved, they provide for their pack, keep them safe and prosperous. The Alpha of Alphas is much the same. They will rise to the top organically, earn the support of the people, then prove themselves by besting their opponents in a bout.”

“The leader does fight for the position then, but the people choose who gets that opportunity? I guess that makes sense. If anyone could challenge the leader on a whim, there would be a new one every other week, and the government would be in chaos.”

“Yes,” she said with a nod. “We do not vote as humans do, at least, not with ballots. Other Rask of high status also hold much sway. Crewmasters, Admirals, Ministers, Rask of great renown. They can rally those under their influence to support certain candidates over others.”

“I see,” Cooper replied. “So, if some celebrity or general tells all of his lackeys to support someone, they’d listen to him.”

“I was a mere Crewmaster on a tiny sandship when my Matriarch succeeded the Patriarch before her,” Korbaz said wistfully, drudging up old memories. “I threw my support behind her because of her great accomplishments, because of her promise to return our territory to its former glory. She was not always as ... callous as she is today.”

“But you’re an Admiral now,” Cooper continued, “how high a rank is that?”

“I am second only to the Matriarch,” she replied, a hint of pride creeping back into her voice. “Not that it matters now,” she added bitterly. “Status will not shield me from death.”

“Maybe it can,” Cooper mused, sitting upright. “If you’re second to the Matriarch, then does that mean you have the status to challenge her for the position?”

“Yes,” she conceded, “but I do not have the support. Besides, me? Matriarch? I wouldn’t even know where to begin.”

“You’d make a better one than her, I can tell you that,” Cooper replied. “And isn’t it better than everyone that you care about dying tomorrow? I’m not too thrilled about the idea either, you know.”

“I thought you were immortal?” she teased, returning his nudge.

“Yeah, well, I’m pretty sure the main gun on that Yagda could kill Zeus himself.”

“As I said, even if I were to consider such a thing, I would need backing.”

“How do you not have backing?” Cooper scoffed, spreading his arms. “The way I see it, you have a fleet full of guys who are probably no less happy about being ordered to their deaths, and who knows how many more back home who would rather side with you than try to fight off a Coalition invasion.”

“You’re serious about this, aren’t you?” she asked as she rose up to sit beside him. It was a challenge for Cooper to keep his eyes on hers, and not on her impressive breasts as they swayed with the motion.

“Not at all,” he replied sarcastically, “I always wanted to die by being blown apart by my own artillery.”

“We have but three crawlers left,” she continued, scratching her chin with one of her claws as she considered. “The crews will likely obey their Crewmasters. I sensed that Gazga was critical of the Matriarch’s plan when I last spoke with him, there is a chance that he might support me. Torzi is young, ambitious. Perhaps she will see an opportunity to advance her own career if she is wise enough to know that this war is already lost. As for my own Crewmaster, I believe that he will obey the Matriarch no matter what.”

“Bloody oath!” Cooper exclaimed with an excited pump of his prosthetic fist. “Now we’re cooking with fire! What can you do about your Crewmaster?”

“He is below my rank, and is sworn to obey me,” she replied. “But the Matriarch’s orders supersede my own. I suspect that he would try to rally the crew against me.”

“A crew who are all about to be sent into an unwinnable battle?” Cooper chuckled. “Fat chance.”

“Do not underestimate the loyalty of my people,” she shot back. “There are many who would choose death over dishonor.”

“Then it’s your job to convince them that there’s nothing honorable about dying for a bloody dictator who doesn’t give two fucks if they live or die,” Cooper replied. “If you can get these guys on your side, then can you send word back to your territory? Incite the people, maybe some will turn against the Matriarch and cause some chaos behind their lines.”

“Perhaps,” she replied. “I have recently learned that many outlying villages are suffering food shortages, they may be predisposed to ousting the Matriarch. There will be others in the government who are critical of the war, too. It is ... not impossible.”

“Only problem is, you’d have to drive back to the territory, reach the Matriarch, then fight her, right?”

“She would not turn down a legitimate challenge,” Korbaz explained, “to do so would be tantamount to forfeiting her title.”

“I’m more concerned about the Coalition taking you all into custody and trying you for war crimes the moment you surrender,” he muttered. “If we talk to them together, explain the situation, then maybe they’ll get on board. Do you reckon you could actually beat the Matriarch in a scrap?”

Korbaz seemed to wilt at the suggestion, her ears flattening against her messy hair. It was the first time that Cooper had ever seen her afraid.

“She is ... large, and strong,” she mumbled.

“Bigger than you?” Cooper marveled, whistling at the thought. “Fuck me ragged, that must be one mean cunt. Well, one step at a time, right?”

He gave her an affectionate punch on the arm with his prosthetic, Korbaz returning an appreciative smile.

“One thing,” she added, her cheeks reddening again. “If we are to do this, then you must not speak of what transpired tonight. It might raise questions as to my true allegiance.”

“Don’t tell anyone about that cute noise you make when you get off?” he teased, Korbaz narrowing her eyes at him. “Okay, okay. My lips are sealed.”


Gazga walked beside Korbaz as they made their way through the noisy underbelly of the crawler, the echoing sounds of machinery ensuring that their hushed conversation would not be overheard by eavesdroppers.

“This is a dangerous path that you have set upon,” Gazga said, his many medals and accolades clattering with his every step. “Though, less dangerous than sailing into battle against the Coalition. I only wish that you had not left your decision so late, we have only a scant few hours before the enemy comes into range. I was supposed to be returning to my crawler soon.”

“My apologies, it ... took me some time to muster the nerve,” she replied.

“I cannot fault you for that, Admiral,” he said as they turned another corner. “To even speak of this is dangerous, I could turn you over to the Matriarch and have you executed for treason for the mere suggestion.” Korbaz’s heart began to beat faster, one of her hands inching slowly towards the dagger on her hip. “That is, if I did not agree with your assessment wholeheartedly.”

“Then ... you will support my challenge?” she asked hesitantly.

“I believe that it is the only way out of our current predicament,” he replied with a confident nod. “The only way for the government to endure is to oust the Matriarch and replace her with someone more willing to negotiate peace with the aliens. You are an accomplished Rask, Admiral, there are many in the Matriarchy who hold you in high regard. I can think of no better candidates.”

“You honor me, Crewmaster,” she replied. “What of Crewmaster Torzi? Do you know her any better than I?”

“She is young, fierce, and experience has yet to temper her lust for battle. I know also that she seeks to prove herself. Perhaps ambition will guide her decision, she may see supporting you as a way to obtain a favored position in the new regime. She cannot very well advance her career if she is dead. Her packs respect her, they follow where she leads.”

“Lortz may pose a problem,” Korbaz added, the two pausing their discussion for a moment as a crew member passed them by, bowing his head to his superiors before vanishing into a side room. They waited for a moment, then continued on. “I believe that he will support the Matriarch. If we can convince Torzi to side with us, then we must take measures to ensure that he cannot contact the palace.”

“Yes,” he mused, nodding his bald head. “Better to let her believe that we have followed through with the plan until we are ready to move against her.”

“There is no time to waste,” Korbaz hissed, “we have but a scant few hours to orchestrate this. We should go to Torzi immediately.”

“Agreed,” Gazga replied. “I believe that she is in her temporary quarters, preparing to return to her crawler.”


Torzi raised a hand to her mouth, her cackling filling the prefab that had been assigned to her during her stay. It was lavishly decorated, the Crewmaster lounging on a padded couch, a vial of wine balanced delicately between her fingers.

“How delicious,” she chuckled, Korbaz and Gazga exchanging concerned glances. “A disgraced Admiral and an old fool come before me asking me to take part in a coup, on the eve of our glorious battle no less.”

Korbaz bristled, her ears flattening. Torzi was ranked below Korbaz, and as Gazga’s equal, she should be showing him far more respect. She knew that she had leverage over them now. With naught but a word, she could have them both exposed and executed.

“Torzi,” Gazga began, the old man far more composed than Korbaz. “Surely you must see that this war is in vain? If we should all die today, it will accomplish nothing. The only way for the Rask territory to endure is to replace the Matriarch, and Admiral Korbaz is our only suitable candidate.”

“I won’t pretend that I was fond of our Matriarch’s plan,” she admitted, taking a sip from her vial. “I did not work my way up to Crewmaster at such a young age with the intention of being cut down in my prime, but what choice did I have?”

“You have one now,” Korbaz snapped.

“More than that, I have a knife to both of your throats,” she giggled. “If we weren’t all about to be tossed into a corpse pit, I might have been tempted to be the loyal Rask who exposed this insidious plot. The Matriarch would have rewarded me handsomely.”

“We have no time for games,” Korbaz growled. “Will you support me or not?”

“Yes,” she replied with a sly smile, rising to sit on the edge of the couch. She swirled her vial, watching the bubbling, pink liquid slosh around. “I do have one condition, however.”

“Here it comes,” Gazga muttered under his breath.

“If I support you, and you become the new Matriarch, I want to ensure that my future will be secure.”

“Do you have no loyalty to your territory?” Gazga hissed. “Where is your patriotism, girl? Do you care nothing for the fate of your people?”

“I can be a patriot ‘and’ take full advantage of the situation,” she replied with a smirk. “As the brave heroine who supported you at great risk to herself, all for the good of the territory, I want a promotion.” She raised her glass, glancing up at the ceiling as she considered. “Something befitting of the risk I’ll be taking on your behalf. Let’s just skip straight over Vice Admiral and go for the main course.”

“She has too little experience for the position of Admiral,” Gazga whispered, “this is not our way.”

“What choice do we have?” Korbaz replied in a hushed voice. “We need her, we need her carrier.”

“Very well,” he grumbled.

“I accept your condition,” Korbaz announced. “Support my challenge, and if we survive, I shall give you what you ask.”

Torzi tossed her vial over her shoulder as she sprang to her feet, the glass shattering on the carpet.

“Then I pledge my allegiance to you, Matriarch-to-be,” she said with an overly dramatic bow.


“You requested my presence, Admiral?” Lortz asked as he stepped into Torzi’s quarters. He seemed surprised to see all three of them standing there waiting for him, along with the two helmeted guards who were flanking them.

“Welcome, Crewmaster,” Korbaz replied. “I’m afraid that this gathering must remain strictly off the record, hence our unusual choice of meeting place. I am sorry to tear you away from the conning tower so soon before our battle.”

“Has there been a new development?” he asked, straightening his sash as he glanced between his counterparts suspiciously.

“You could say that,” Torzi replied, grinning back at him.

“In just a few hours, we will be marching into battle against a foe over which we cannot triumph,” Korbaz began. “The Matriarch has ordered us to die, and she will command the deaths of many more of our countrymen in the weeks to come if we accept her decree. She has abandoned her duty to protect the people.”

“This is ... treason,” he hissed, the fur on his tail puffing up as his wide eyes darted about the room. “You conspire against our Matriarch!”

“I intend to challenge her position,” Korbaz continued, “and the remaining Crewmasters have pledged their support. Once she is deposed, we will have peace with the Coalition, and this ill-fated venture can finally be brought to an end. Enough Rask blood has soaked the sand already.”

“Cowardice!” he snapped, baring his teeth at her. “You have already expressed your doubt to me in private, Admiral. I did not report it out of respect for you, because I believed that you would do your duty. Now, I see that fear motivates you. You would surrender to the interlopers in disgrace rather than carry out your Matriarch’s orders!”

“I struck you once before, Crewmaster,” Korbaz snarled. His hand reached up to brush the fading scars on his cheek reflexively. “Perhaps you need to be reminded of who is in charge here?”

“The Matriarch is in charge,” he spat, “she was the one who appointed you to lead the fleet. When the crew hears of this treachery...”

Korbaz raised a hand, the two armored soldiers beginning to advance on him.

“You can pledge your support, or you can continue to be loyal to the Matriarch in the brig for the rest of our journey,” she warned. “Any crew members who are intent on dying for her can join you, though I doubt that they will be many.”

“I will not take part in this,” he snapped, bristling as the two guards approached him. “This is not how Rask conduct their affairs, whispering in the cover of shadow, conspiring in secret. You have learned much from your human hosts, Korbaz.”

“I do respect your loyalty, as misplaced as it is,” she replied. “Guards, have him locked in a cell somewhere where he can’t agitate.”

They moved in, taking him by the arms, Lortz sensible enough not to try to fight them off. He gave her one last furious glare, then he was turned around and led out, the door closing behind him automatically.

“That could have gone worse,” Torzi said with a shrug.

“Could have gone a lot better,” Gazga grumbled. “What now?”

“We took a human captive during the first offensive,” Korbaz replied, turning to face her co-conspirators. “I have been interrogating him for information, but we have come to an understanding. He will contact the Coalition on our behalf and help us make the necessary arrangements.”

“You trust the alien to do this?” Gazga asked.

“It is his only road to freedom,” she replied, “he has no reason to lie.”

“Then, let us proceed,” the grizzled Crewmaster replied.

“I’ll have him brought from his cell,” Korbaz said, making for the door. “I’m heading for the conning tower.”


“They’re maintaining their formation,” Ben said, watching the seismic sensor on his monitor intently. “The other two Timberwolfs confirm, all three crawlers are heading straight for the convoy. They’ll be coming into artillery range in about an hour, so we’ll need to prep a firing solution.”

“There can be no doubt now,” Lozka said, keeping her turret pointed in the direction of their quarry. They couldn’t get a visual through the storm, but the massive tracks that it left in the dunes made evading them impossible. “The Rask wish to die in battle.”

“I think we can help arrange that,” Mizi chirped, her headdress fluttering an angry shade of red.

“Crazy bastards,” Ben muttered, shaking his head. There was a blip on his monitor, his eyes narrowing as he glanced at the display. Lozka cocked her head, sensing his confusion.

“What is it, Commander?”

“I’m picking up a transmission,” he replied, reaching out to tap at the icon. The window enlarged, displaying more detailed information. “Wide-band, no encryption. Whoever is broadcasting this wants everyone to hear it...”

“Where’s it coming from?” Mizi asked.

“It’s gotta be one of the crawlers,” he replied. “Quiet, I’ll let it play. There’s a video feed, too.”

He patched the Timberwolf’s comms systems into the feed, a grainy image appearing. To Ben’s surprise, there was a human face on the other end, the man shown from the shoulders up. Behind him, and slightly to his left, was a tall Rask. She was wearing a purple sash that looked to be covered in little buttons and pins over a leather jacket. It was hard to see what the human was wearing, but it wasn’t any kind of armor or pressure suit.

“My name is Corporal Cooper,” he began, the storm interfering with the signal to make his voice hiss and crackle. “Serial number four-two-six, three-five-four, attached to Charlie Company. I’m speaking to all Coalition forces on behalf of Admiral Korbaz, the commander of the Rask forces in the Dune Sea.”

“What the hell is this?” Ben wondered, leaning closer as he watched the grainy video. His companions had brought up the feed on their own monitors, watching intently as the man continued.

“They are surrendering. I repeat, the Admiral is surrendering. Do not fire on the remaining crawlers, they are no longer hostile. Repeat, to all Coalition forces, do not fire on the Rask crawlers.”

“Surrendering?” Mizi asked, her feathers fluttering with surprise.

“It could be a trick,” Lozka hissed, “the Rask are not above deception.”

“The other Timberwolfs are picking it up too,” Ben said, tapping at his console. “The guy’s serial number checks out, but he was reported MIA days ago. What the hell is he doing on the crawler?”

“This is Admiral Korbaz of the Rask Matriarchy,” his Rask partner said, her voice low and husky. “We surrender, there will be no further hostilities between the forces under my command and the Coalition. I wish to meet with Coalition leadership to discuss terms.”

“That’s it,” Ben said, “the message just repeats from there.”

“To have an Admiral offer her personal surrender lends credence to its authenticity,” Lozka explained, scratching her furry chin pensively. “To put herself at the mercy of her enemies would be a grave dishonor, she would not do so unless she had great need.”

“That, or they tortured this poor guy into reading from a script so they can set a trap,” Ben grumbled. “It’s not up to us to decide if it’s real or not, in any case. Command will tell us how to proceed.”

“Could the war be over?” Mizi trilled, turning to glance over her seat at him. “Have we won?”

“I wouldn’t count on it,” Ben replied with a shake of his head. “They were pretty specific about the forces under this Admiral’s command throwing in the towel, I don’t think she’s doing this on behalf of the Matriarch. Wouldn’t she say so if that was the case?”

“Maybe they’re just sick of fighting,” Mizi volunteered with a shrug.

“It’s a possibility,” Ben conceded. “For now, just keep tailing them.”

It didn’t take more than an hour for new orders to arrive, Ben’s eyes widening as he read off the contents of the message.

“Our new instructions are to escort a Rask convoy from the crawler that we’ve been tailing to the Yagda,” he said, making no effort to disguise the disbelief in his voice.

“What?” Mizi stammered, her feathers fluttering with surprised yellow. “We’ve spent this entire deployment shooting at Rask, and now they want us to escort them?”

“I guess the higher-ups want to meet with them,” Ben mused. “Lozka, are you ... going to be okay with this?”

He and Mizi spared her a worried glance. She was all about killing Rask, and having a vehicle full of the Matriarchy’s most wanted within railgun range might prove too great a temptation.

“I will obey your orders, Commander,” she replied, as though sensing his misgivings. “If your wish is that we should escort the Rask, then I will comply.”

“That’s good to hear,” he said, uttering a silent prayer.

“We’ll get to see the crawler up close,” Mizi added excitedly, “and the Yagda!”

“We should be getting a pretty good view of both,” Ben said, “just ... everyone stay alert. Like Lozka said, I don’t really trust these Rask. No itchy trigger fingers, but keep your eyes peeled all the same, don’t let your guard down. This could go south really fast.”


Korbaz stood at the head of the banquet table, the two loyal Crewmasters flanking her. The prefab was once again packed with as many crew as they could fit into it, the Rask jostling to get a look at her. There were no silver platters piled high with succulent meats this time, however, no crystal decanters brimming with wine. This second briefing was unexpected, and their expressions ranged from confused to curious. They had to suspect that something was amiss, and it was now her job to sway them to her cause if she wanted to avert a potential mutiny.

She had to sell this, as Cooper had put it. The crew had to believe that throwing their support behind her was the only sane course of action. Many would be relieved to be spared their grisly fate, but some might follow their Crewmaster’s lead and choose to support the Matriarch, either out of loyalty or for fear of retribution. It would not escape their attention that Lortz was no longer present.

Korbaz spared a glance at Gazga, who gave her an encouraging nod. She had to radiate confidence and speak with absolute certainty, as any show of weakness at this point could be disastrous. Better to go straight for the throat.

“The Matriarch has failed you!” she bellowed, the room going as silent as a burial pit. “She promised to return our territory to its former glory,” she continued, making dramatic gestures with her hands as she addressed the room. “She pledged to return dominion over the Dune Sea to the Rask so that we might once again grow fat on plunder! But what has she actually accomplished?”

She began to pace in front of the table, feeling a hundred pairs of eyes burning into her. In spite of her uncertainty, there was no tremor in her hands, no wavering in her voice. This was her domain, diplomacy, leadership. She had been a Crewmaster, an Ambassador, an Admiral. Now, she would be a Matriarch, or she would die trying.

“The villages outside the borders of the capital starve,” she continued, narrowing her eyes at her captivated audience. “The territory’s vaults lie empty, the common people suffer. The bravest among the Rask are sent to die in a pointless war of her own making, a war that cannot be won, and one that she refuses to end. The Matriarch would order all of us to certain death, she would sacrifice her every loyal subject, burn the territory to the ground. All to protect herself. Is this our way?” she demanded, the crew hesitating as they looked to their Alphas for reassurance. “Is the role of the Matriarch to grow fat atop her throne while her charges go hungry?”

A few brave voices rose from the crowd to murmur their support for what Korbaz was saying, others nodding their approval quietly, whispering to one another as they discussed this unexpected turn of events. For a Rask to openly criticize the Matriarch was rare enough, never mind an Admiral.

“That’s right!” she replied, gesturing to those who had spoken up. “That is not our way! In times of war, does she use those who she swore to protect as shields?”

More of them were taking part now, their comrades gaining confidence as they heard their cries, the low murmuring punctuated by shouts of approval.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.