Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon

Copyright© 2020 by James Howlette

Chapter 30

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 30 - Brenson has been killed, but a threat still looms. Davik, Janet, Lillian and the others head to where it all began, Vishant Province. Will they be able to stop the Voguel threat once and for all? Or will they too late to stop their enemy from completing their dark task?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   High Fantasy   non-anthro   Were animal   Harem   Cream Pie   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Big Breasts  

I felt growing anticipation as the day grew on and we came closer to this evening’s event. It took two days to get everything prepared for what would occur tonight. After administering the cure to every one of the nobles present, as well as the acting Dran, we moved forward with our plan. The Dran planned to hold a great feast to announce Vishant’s great victory over the Voguel. The previous Dran would hold these feasts regularly during the campaign against them and everyone within the city walls was required to attend. Since it housed people loyal to the previous Dran, as well as the richer townspeople, they always attended.

The wine that was to be served was handled first by Kayla, who would douse it with the cure. Due to the cure’s tasteless quality, no one would be able to notice the difference. The feast was to be held in a large pavilion that was at the north of the city. Once used for large events, it had sat empty for the last decade. The Dran had all of his people working tirelessly to have it ready for tonight. On my request he agreed to open it up to everyone who was outside of the city walls as well.

We had his people go out and take a census of who was inside the city and who was outside. Their names were then added to the list. Any who did not show would be tracked down and the cure administered. It took two days to ensure we got everyone and ensure our list was as accurate as possible. Janet and the others had to work their magic to convince the soldiers and their commanders to attend, as they were still angry over the actions of the previous Dran, not to mention the subsequent actions of the soldiers within the city after his death.

There was some slight resistance from some, but they changed their tune when they learned the price of their refusal. We had cells in the barracks prepared for a possible negative outcome, but there would be little harm that could be done due to our preparations. Despite all the preparations, I could not help but feel uncertain as to how this would play out. A nagging feeling told me that though this is the correct path to take, it would not end things. Could this cure work on Voguel and possibly return him to being human for the first time in centuries? If not, would it possibly weaken him enough that we could win against this ancient foe?

Even if he were not dealt with tonight, we would still be robbing him of any other hidden Voguel and future Voguel. That would be enough for me, at least for now. I hoped that our actions tonight would successfully expose our target. If not, I would hope it would start a chain of events that would reveal him to us, so that this could be brought to an end.

The pavilion was primarily an open sided building that people could enter and leave at will. Janet explained that, before the previous Dran had expelled everyone but his allies from the city, it had been a large, open market. With all of the farmers and other sellers being stuck outside of the walls, it had lain barren and devoid of anything. There was a room that stood overlooking the pavilion. It had been used for the guardsmen to observe it and assist in recognizing crimes as they happened. It stood upon a base of four stone pillars, with stairs spiraling up in between them.

As I looked across the pavilion, I watched those from in the city and outside of it assisting and, as the speed in which everything was moving, I was certain that we would be ready for this evening’s festivities. I wished that the circumstances would have allowed us to enjoy ourselves and enjoy the happiness and mirth that it would bring to the people here. Tonight they will celebrate the end of the threat and the future that is ahead. While there is still the leader, there are few Voguel left, if any.

I found my mind drifting to the future before me. The new lives that would be born into this world and all the responsibilities that will come with them. I was uncertain how I would handle that change, along with the change that being mothers would cause in the ladies whom I was lucky to have. I worried about traveling close to their giving birth and the risks that could be involved.

((We will deal with it when the time comes, )) Janet said softly, love and understanding evident in her words. ((I do agree that traveling may not be wise until after all the children are born. Perhaps we should get temporary lodgings here until we are prepared to make the trip north. It will give us time to get another wagon and have it adjusted to have cribs inside.))

The others expressed the same sentiment before delving into a deep verbal conversation as to how they would adjust the interior of the one we have now and then get a duplicate one made. I chuckled at their enthusiasm and focused on my task. I was overseeing the preparations of the pavilion while the others were helping Kayla make enough cure to ensure everyone got enough in their drink. I watched as soldiers, nobles and commoners were working together to prepare the area. It reminded me of the festivals in Cartha when I was a child.

Father would be busy nonstop leading up to the various festivals our village had during the year. He would be commissioned to make various items and tools for the various people who would be participating in the festival. Mother would spend her time at home with me, getting her village favorites ready. Some villagers would bring a specialty food to share at the festival. For my mother, that would be her berry tarts. She would be up at dawn preparing everything and then I would assist her in making them.

My job had been to put a scoop of filling into each tart. One flavor per batch, so that they did not get mixed up. Mother would usually make two batches of each flavor. Ishaan berries, which were bright green with a citrus flavor. Orchal berries, which were purple and slightly tart. Drovish berries which were bitter, but not so much that one did not enjoy them. Finally there were Val’ital berries which were bright blue and sweet. Val’ital berry tarts were always my favorite and mother made sure to make enough for a small batch for me.

Father would usually be done not that long before mother finished her tarts and we would bring them to the festival for everyone to enjoy. There were usually people assigned to man the tables we put the tarts on, though sometimes either mother or father would do it themselves. I liked when they did not have to stay with the food, and the three of us could go and enjoy the festival. I would walk hand in hand with both of them as we went from area to area, enjoying everything the festival had to offer.

When the dinner bell would sound, the whole village would gather at large tables that Ruben had built specifically for events like this. Naturally, I would sit with my parents, but I usually sat beside Violet, as her family always sat with us. I was shocked at the memory surfacing, as it had been a long time since I could recall that happening. I smiled as I reminisced about simpler and happier times.

I drew myself away from my thoughts and returned to focusing on my task. There were still two hours before the event was to start and I had not seen anyone acting out of the ordinary or doing anything that would be deemed suspicious. I made my way through the crowds of people gathered in the pavilion, returning their greetings if they gave them. I kept a vigilant eye for anything that looked amiss, but I could not find anything that seemed out of place or wrong. Confident that nothing would go wrong in my absence, I went to see how things were progressing with my ladies and their task.

It took me nearly an hour to weave my way through the now crowded streets of the capital. It looked like a much-needed change to the dreary and empty streets of only a few days before. Everyone who was coming and going was working to prepare the pavilion for tonight. The various people were laughing and talking animatedly as they worked. As I entered the healer’s shop, I was not surprised to find the same mirth and positivity that had been slowly filling the city. The various people inside were happily talking and working as they made the cure.

I walked up and kissed each of my ladies, which caused a bit of a stir with the rest of the people working inside. When their shock wore off, they began talking and laughing again and I walked over to pet Lillian who was lying down nearby.

<< I still do not understand why I could not have come with you! >> Lillian complained, the irritation and boredom she was feeling was evident through the bond.

// You know why my love, \\ I replied. // We need to make sure that the people are happy and, on our side, right now. With all of the various stuff being moved around, there was a risk to your safety. You will be with us tonight, so, please, just be patient for me. \\

Lillian glanced up at me and gave an exasperated chuff, but I knew she was agreeing with my request. I walked over to Janet to find out how things were progressing and how much longer she thought it would take to have the preparations completed.

“We are preparing the final batches now,” Janet said as she worked alongside the others. “Once this is completed, we will have more than enough to see to it every person there tonight is given the cure. I just hope that it works as we hoped and that it will be all over soon. While you are waiting, why not read this, I am sure it will cheer you up.”

I kissed her forehead and said, “So do I, Janet, so do I.”

I turned and sat down at a nearby table and began to read the letter that Janet had just handed me. It was the second letter that Ingrid and Cherish had gotten from the carrier bird station. Curious as to what Janet alluded to, I opened the letter and began reading.

A few hours later and everything was ready. The cure laced drink had been placed at every table. Loads of food of every kind was brought for everyone to dine on. Soon the bustle of energy that had been towards the sole purpose of changing the pavilion, was now in the throes of celebrating. At the base of the pillars that held up the observation post, large bonfires had been prepared. They did not block access to the stairwell that resided in between them and people were happily dancing near the large fires as music filled the air. Amateur and professional musicians were filling the night air with revelry and music. I had to admit that even I was enjoying myself tonight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.