Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon

Copyright© 2020 by James Howlette

Chapter 23

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 23 - Brenson has been killed, but a threat still looms. Davik, Janet, Lillian and the others head to where it all began, Vishant Province. Will they be able to stop the Voguel threat once and for all? Or will they too late to stop their enemy from completing their dark task?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   High Fantasy   non-anthro   Were animal   Harem   Cream Pie   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Big Breasts  

I sent a signal through our link for the others to enter the cave, save for Irenia’s group and select soldiers from each group. They were selected to create a hidden perimeter in case of some response during our attack. Irenia would remain with her soldiers to ensure no enemy escaped our grasp. It would not do well for even one to escape, for it could be centuries or millennia before they became active again. Lillian and I took the lead followed by Faye’s group, then Ingrid’s, followed by Elise’s, Cherish’s and finally Kayla’s. We moved as silently as we could, limiting the noise that we were making as much as possible. All groups were armed with bows and arrows or crossbows. The hope was to pick off enemies before they could alert the others. The longer that we could move through the facility undetected, the better our chances of success.

With each fork in the path that we came across our group decreased in members. I was comforted in the notion that they would be able to keep in contact and that their abilities would keep them safe. I was worried for the others under their command, but I was certain that my ladies would try to bring everyone home. There were no enemies in the corridors directly inside the entrance, but as I extended my senses outward, I could pick up movement as far as the level below us. Due to the stone and earth surrounding us, there was a limiting factor caused by it that did not allow my senses to stretch out as they normally would. I found it both disconcerting and exhilarating. I had developed a sort of complacency in my use of my abilities over the past months and the idea that I had to use my skill more than the enhanced senses was a mixed feeling.

Given the limits to my senses, I dipped into my combat awareness and hoped that it would give me the extra moments needed to react to an enemy. I had worked so much on it on our way here over the months that I could slip into it in a moment and stay in that state for hours. It had been taxing, at first, when I originally learned to do it. But, my time spent training, along with the well of power I could tap into, it had become much easier. As I approached the stairs, I paused to center myself, as focus was needed during this assault. Once ready, I made my way down the stairwell with Lillian.

// Everyone, make sure to keep to hand gestures only, \\ I said over the bond. // We do not want to give up our element of surprise unless absolutely necessary. We have no idea the type of alarm that they could raise, nor do we have an idea of how many enemies are within this place. Be on your guard, take your time and use your combat awareness. The extra moments it gives you could mean the difference in saving your life or those who are following you. \\

They all acknowledged through the bond and I could feel Janet’s worry and frustration at not being there with us. This was the first time since we had arrived that she was not in battle with us and we all could feel that lack. She was a force of nature on the battlefield and a thread that bound us all together. While she was still with us through the link, we felt diminished, somehow.

As I made my way down the stairs I started to focus on the sounds, trying to discern their placement ahead. There was interference from the stone walls caused by the echoes of the sound as it bounced around. Still, with enough focus, I could get my bearings enough to get a sense of where they would be. As I neared the bottom of the stairs, I nocked an arrow and readied myself as I entered the hallway. I could hear some movement to my left and turned towards the sound. A moment later a person turned the corner and I let loose my arrow. I watched as the arrow pierced his chest and I then turned and moved towards the next focus of sounds. I readied another arrow and we moved forward. There was not enough time or knowledge of the layout to take time to hide the body.

The next sounds I could hear were of more than one person and I could make out at least two, maybe three, voices. I un-nocked the arrow and placed it and another arrow into my grip hand before taking the third and nocking it. I moved forward towards the sound and saw light and moving shadows coming from a doorway. I stopped just outside and delved deeper into my combat awareness, before entering and engaging the enemy. As I moved into the doorway, I saw three people seated at a table near a roaring fireplace. I aimed at my first target and fired, grabbing the next arrow from my grip hand, and quickly aiming for the next target. I fired and then readied the final arrow from my grip hand, sending it flying at my last target. In a manner of moments I had taken care of all three and I felt a little concerned about my lack of emotion on the subject.

I stretched out and could not hear any movement or sounds nearby, other than Lillian or myself. Lillian decided to head off and dragged the first body back to this room. I noticed some quivers in the room and added what arrows I could in my own and made my way out and began searching down another hallway. I did not like that I was searching blindly until I picked up sounds of movement or talk. Through the connection I could tell that the others were engaging enemies and successfully dispatching them before they could make a sound. I had expected to see and hear more movement, but since we had no idea just how deep this place went, the lower regions could have many more Voguel in there.

As we moved deeper into the complex, I found that I was getting more and more anxious. I was beginning to sense a disconnect in our connection with Janet and she was worried as to the possibility that the link could be disrupted.

((Davik, I am having trouble sensing you as I normally can, )) Janet said, with an obvious faintness in the connection. ((I am not sure that we should continue with the operation.))

// I know what you mean, but we cannot stop now, \\ I replied. // Irenia, are you having the same issues with our connection as Janet is? \\

-- No, Davik, I am not having any issues, -- Irenia replied. -- If the connections continue to weaken, I can relay the messages between the two of you. I will also let you know, Davik, if our connection weakens, as well. --

We agreed that it was the best option, given the circumstances, and I continued deeper into the enemy camp. Over the next hour, our group dispatched another twenty-six Voguel. Thankfully, so far, we had been lucky enough to not raise an alarm, but I was certain that luck would run out soon. I myself had dispatched seven of those twenty-six and had not been able to find any more arrows. Lillian was frustrated that she had not been able to kill any herself but knew she would get her chance. For now, she was helping guide the two of us towards various enemies to ensure that we would not waste time.

Over the course of the next two hours, we went down two more levels before our luck, and my arrows, finally ran out. I had used my last arrow to deal with a guard emerging from a room to my left when another appeared from my right. He watched as his comrade was pierced through the chest by my arrow and then turned to run down the hallway. I moved to run after him and felt a drain from the constant use of my combat reflexes. It resulted in a moment of disorientation that led to the guard getting away long enough to start calling out that they were under attack.


Aphronia woke up and was surprised at the difference a little bowl of stew could make her feel. She was not sure how long she had gone without food, but it had to have been for some time. The food had not been much, but even a little was enough to give her a bit of renewed energy. She had been put through more torture, which had been odd since Feror had said he was planning to kill her soon. She figured he was going to prolong it for as long as he could, so as to better enjoy it. One thing that had been true about him was his capacity for violence and his enjoyment of it. Once she had healed, he fed her again, but she had decided to play as if she was still weakened.

Perhaps if she still seemed frail and weak, he would let his guard down enough to give her a moment of advantage. The right moment could be enough to give her a chance to escape, though that seemed fleeting and not possible. It was a foolish dream, but it was the only thing that was giving her the drive and energy to try and survive. Her thoughts were broken by the sound of her cell door opening.

“Good morning, bitch,” Feror spat, his disgusted tone evident. “Today will be the day that your life will change. I was hoping to just kill you, but I received a carrier bird last night from our master and he has other plans for you. Instead, he wants it to take as long as possible and to start, I will cut you with this.”

Feror put his hand behind his back and pulled out a knife. She began to shudder in fear, as the knife in his hands was the one, she had stabbed him with. It was coated in the supposed cure for the curse and if she were cut by it, she would be in trouble. The main thing that had been keeping her alive was about to be stolen from her. Without it, she would not be able to survive the next torture session with this sick and twisted man. As he drew closer, she vainly attempted to move away, but the chains limited her. For the first time in her life, she felt true fear and wanted to be anywhere else at that moment. Now, she would have given anything to have not tried to kill Feror, for she would not be in this position. With each step he made towards her, Aphronia’s fear slowly grew and so did her trembling.

When he was within striking distance, sounds of yelling began filling the corridor. Feror turned to see what the commotion was and Aphronia used the distraction to try and wrench the knife free of his grasp. Feror was shocked by her sudden attack and had not expected her ferocity. They struggled for control of the blade, moving within the limited range that Aphronia could move in. During the struggle, Feror tripped over one of her chains and they both went to the ground. The wind was knocked out of both of them and Aphronia was disoriented as she tried to get up. Looking down she could see the knife sticking out of his chest. She felt glee at knowing that this bastard was dead. She slowly moved to get up and felt a sharp pain in her right palm. Terror filled her as she lifted her hand to see a cut along it. Her heart sank as she realized that she had cut her hand when they had fallen to the ground. Tears filled her eyes as she realized that she was once again human.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.