Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon

Copyright© 2020 by James Howlette

Chapter 13

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Brenson has been killed, but a threat still looms. Davik, Janet, Lillian and the others head to where it all began, Vishant Province. Will they be able to stop the Voguel threat once and for all? Or will they too late to stop their enemy from completing their dark task?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   High Fantasy   non-anthro   Were animal   Harem   Cream Pie   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Big Breasts  

Janet and Kayla headed off to get the documents ready and sent off to the various towns, villages, and cities. The rest of us went in search of food and lodgings. Ingrid had found a possible place while we had been dealing with the Dran, so we followed her lead and soon found ourselves in front of a nice sized inn. We went inside and met with the Innkeeper who was a nice lady in her mid-thirties or forties.

“Ah, Ingrid, welcome back,” the woman said with a warm smile. “I take it that this is most of the group you were talking about?”

Ingrid nodded, “That is correct, Estona. Janet and Kayla are gone to get missives ready for delivery via carrier bird.”

“What of Gwen and Ethal?” Estona asked. “I am surprised that Gwen has not stopped by to see me.”

Ingrid’s face quickly fell, “Gwen did not survive the mission, neither did Ethal, I am afraid.”

Estona’s eyes filled with tears and Ingrid walked over to console the crying woman.

“She was the only family I had left, “Estona said, as she continued to fight back tears. “I swore on my sister’s grave I would look after her child.”

Ingrid gave her a reassuring smile, “Gwen was going to fight them no matter what you did. She may have normally been soft spoken and gentle, but she was one of the fiercest warriors I ever served with.”

“I know,” Estona said with a sigh. “I just hope that the person who took her life was made to pay for it.”

“Janet saw to that immediately,” Faye replied. “The villain who took her life did not have a chance to escape.”

“Well good riddance to that, “Estona said with a hint of anger. “The top floor will be yours as we discussed, and I will make sure all food is brought up to your room.”

She handed the key to Ingrid and we made our way upstairs. We checked the area, looking for other avenues to enter, making sure we had a handle on the room’s security. Lillian took up her place across from the door and I could feel her anticipation at being able to change back soon. A few minutes later, a knock came to the door and a serving girl arrived to take our food order. I left Ingrid to deal with that as we collected our things and stored them. I made sure my sword, bow and quiver were near my bed. I wanted to be able to reach them at a moment’s notice.

Janet and Kayla returned just as the food arrived and we thanked the serving staff before sitting down to our meals. We discussed the matter of the healer as well as how things had gone getting the necessary signatures.

“It went well, “Janet said in between bites of food. “I had not been sure how readily they would agree, but all were willing to help. I am confident that within a month’s time, we will have swords and drinking water laced with the cure. As for the healer issue, I have sent our requests, but it will take a day or two before we get an answer. They need to locate the information and then track to see if there are any who remain. It is not like we really need it, though, Lillian has regained her ability to turn back.”

I sighed and took a minute before replying, as I knew what I was about to say would be a sensitive subject.

“I still wish to speak to them to find out what steps they have taken and where she got the basic theory of the cure. There is also the possibility that our enemies will find a way to replicate what happened to me. We need to be able to stop that threat. Immunity to Wolf’s Bane and Curare, that means something else would have to be used.”

I looked at the shocked faces of my bandmates and could feel their conflicting emotions through the bond.

“The only way they could learn is through us and we would die before we revealed it!” Janet spat, irritation at my words evident in her tone.

I demurred. “We already know that our enemy can not only tap into my mind, but some of my memories. The person who locked me in that dreamscape kept me there for a week and looked like my mother. What happens if they are able to keep me there longer and delve deeper? What if they are able to do the same to all those bonded to me? If they could, what would stop them from pulling the information out of our heads and making it possible for them. Imagine a Voguel who had the same abilities as us or, worse, were like Lillian?”

Everyone at the table quietly pondered my words and I could sense the feelings of fear, anger and revulsion that rippled through the bond.

“You are right, Davik,” Elsie replied. “I guess we did not consider that, given all of the things on our mind of late.”

We continued the meal in relative silence, I could sense the more subdued emotional state of the others and assumed that our evening would be a quiet one. We went over various plans for the next day before we went to our respective beds. Janet and Lillian joined me on mine, though I opted to be on my own side, in case an enemy were to enter the room. I closed my eyes and hoped that there would be no issues until morning.


Footsteps echoed in the dimly lit room as a woman in a dark cloak approached the ebony throne. For the first time in a while, it stood unoccupied and she could not help but begin imagining herself sitting on it. For centuries, the leader of the Voguel had sat perched on it, leading their people in attempt after attempt to claim this land for their own. None had gotten as close as in recent years and the thought of their victory brought a flash of arousal in her.

Still, she wondered why she had been summoned. She had been working with her minions to formulate a plan to capture the she wolf, and she did not need the distraction at this time. She was still pondering her reason for being there when footsteps once again echoed in the room. She turned to see a dark figure walking through the doorway, making its way to the empty throne. She stood aside, though fought to hide a look of anger and disgust as she did so.

As the figure sat, he turned his gaze on the woman. His golden eyes shone even in the dim light of the throne room.

“There has been a development,” the man said in a raspy voice. “The interloper and his group of whores have arrived in the capital and stirred things up. They have openly displayed their abilities and have defied the Dran. They have sent out carrier birds with instructions on a cure that could wipe us out.”

She laughed nervously, “I am sure it is not that bad. Besides, we can just turn more people into voguel even if this cure is true.”

He leaned towards her and snarled, “If my sources are right, then if they are cured, they can never be turned again. People who were never cursed are made immune to it by taking this cure.”

His words scared her, and her mind reeled as she thought of what this meant and how it could affect their plans.

“What are we going to do?” She asked, panic toning her voice with the fear she could not contain.

“We need to try and get what people we have to interfere with this so-called cure. If they can taint the cure, then they will be led into a false sense of security. We will have to act fast, as I am sure they have already begun.”

“What of this group, “she asked hesitantly, “surely, without the Dran, they are alone in their endeavors?”

He shook his head, “The Dran’s selfish nature has turned most of the commoners and more than half of his military against him. Of his remaining supporters, there are some who would desert him to save their own necks.”

She looked at him in shock, “How could a group of women, led by a man with a fucking bitch cause us so much trouble?”

He turned back to her and said, “Because you were foolish enough to allow that boy to live and become a man. Now we may have been doomed by your choice”


I awoke, happy that there had not been another encounter with that woman. However, I found myself missing our time in that dream world we had once shared. Perhaps, after we returned home, we could find a way to return there.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.