Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon - Cover

Blood Moon Chronicles: Book 4: Many Faces of the Moon

Copyright© 2020 by James Howlette

Chapter 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Brenson has been killed, but a threat still looms. Davik, Janet, Lillian and the others head to where it all began, Vishant Province. Will they be able to stop the Voguel threat once and for all? Or will they too late to stop their enemy from completing their dark task?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   High Fantasy   non-anthro   Were animal   Harem   Cream Pie   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Big Breasts  

The smell of the sea filled the air, crisp with a hint of salt. The crashing of waves against the hull of the barge filled the air. I looked out over the sea with trepidation at what we would encounter when we arrived. We had spent two months after our return trying everything Lillian could think of to try and reverse the change that had occurred, but nothing seemed to work. She was able to figure out how to change into her larger wolf form at will, but we were disappointed when we couldn’t figure out a cure. I knew that if Celka were here, she would have been able to figure out what had happened and reversed it. Thinking of her would bring a smile to my face as I remembered her no nonsense approach to life, but then the vision of her death at Violet’s hands would come into focus. The joy I felt would turn to anger, sorrow and regret at what had happened and who was responsible.

My mind would wander to Violet and the change that had occurred. I talked about it at length with Ruben before we had left, and he didn’t seem as surprised as I thought he would. He explained that the change started after her rape at the hands of Brant. Her trust of people was severely damaged and her father helping her was the only thing that kept her trust in him intact. Due to her mental state after the event, Ruben became her anchor and was the only one capable of calming her down. It took seven months to get her close enough to her old self that she could go outside and another four before she could on her own. Regardless of her state and past, he still felt that the path she had chosen to take had been dangerously excessive. He hadn’t realized how much she still hid and buried instead of dealing with the issues. Because he had not actually died, she had seen that as a betrayal. She believed that he had instead abandoned her when she needed him most and only further drove a wedge between her and everyone else.

Ivy was doing well with Ruben and his family and Kafe was taking a shine to her. Very rarely would they be seen apart and usually they were walking hand in hand. It reminded me of some of the time, as a child, I had spent with Violet and what I had missed. It was bittersweet to leave everyone at home, but I knew that they could take care of what needed to be done. Liza and Trina would be able to handle the expansion in the market and their budding romances are going well. Brandon was working well with Ruben and had helped him spend more time with his family. Carl was moving ahead with the expansion of our business and would begin the new buildings. Ilane was sad to see us go; she tried every cure for Lillian she could but came up short as well. She saw us off when we left for Dru’Tirk. Edgar was insistent that Revar should travel with us until our return to Cartha. We politely declined, but he instead demanded that Revar accompany us to the port and wouldn’t take no for an answer.

It was an uneventful trip and Revar spent time talking with various people while in town, in hopes to increase trade.

We let the Patron know of Celka’s fate and how she had helped to stop a darkness that was rising in the north. We told him of our plans to head to Vishant, though we would have to head south for a month by horse to reach the nearest ferry. He would not hear of it and had one of his fishermen take us across. He said that we were welcome to Celka’s cottage and that he would see it would be kept in trust until our return.

We had left the village a few hours ago and we were expecting to make berth in another hour. The trip was fine for most of us, though it was interesting watching Lillian try and keep balance from the waves.

“How are you doing Lillian?” I asked, trying not to reveal the laughter in my voice.

<<Har, har, Davik. I am glad to know you are enjoying my discomfort, though I never did like boats when I was human.>>

“He cannot help it, Lillian,” Janet said with a smile. “and to be honest neither can I. It is difficult to not find some amusement to you trying so hard not to move around.

Lillian huffed in irritation and continued to try and brace herself, but the pads on her feet couldn’t get enough traction. Taking pity on her, Janet knelt down and hugged her to her body, helping to stabilize her. I couldn’t help but smile as I looked at them. I was rewarded by a smile from Janet, and I could feel the same from Lillian across our Link. The others were helping the fisherman with the various tasks on his ship, as there was usually a four-man crew on a vessel of this size. It was a bit cramped, but there was still enough room to find some comfort.

“What should we expect when we arrive in port?” I asked Janet. “Will we be arriving to find the military waiting for us, or are we expected to go to the capital?”

“I only notified them of the death of the suspected Voguel and that he was confirmed to be one. I also confirmed that all known associates were taken care of as well, meaning that no known Voguel are left. I informed them that we showed the capital of this country how to test for them. I have not told them of my enhancement or of yours. All I have said is that you were instrumental to our case and have even gone as far as to train a wolf to help you hunt. I figured it would help justify having Lillian around until we can find a way to cure her.”

I nodded, “That should work, but there is still the fear that the people of Vishala have towards wolves because of the Voguel. We will need to ensure that she does not leave our group for any reason. I could not stand to lose either of you. I have lost too much already.”

Janet gave me a warm smile, and I could feel both of them trying to reassure me through our link. Even the other girls of Janet’s squad gave soft smiles in response to what I had said.

I looked back out on the water and once again my mind began to wander. This time my thoughts drifted to the unknown adversary that was waiting for us. Brenson had referred to the person as she, and that she was a true Old One.

My eyes never left the water as I asked, “Janet, how long can an Old One live? What is the oldest age that you have on record?”

“We don’t really know. There is no actual written record of how long, only stories, but most of them are vague. They have said that Voguel can live for centuries once they reach the state of an Old One.”

“What is that exactly?” I asked confused about the whole thing. “I have heard the term used by you and Brenson.”

“They are Voguel who have sired enough new Voguel. As you saw, Brenson’s wolf wasn’t that much larger than Lillian when she changed. An Old One was rumored to be even larger. Each minion they created gave them power and we believe that it was between fifty to a hundred minions to give them enough power. The minions did not need to survive past their first turn. The energy created would be transferred permanently and stored like a battery. Their wolf would grow in size with each turned minion.”

<<Are they tied to the master like we are tied together? I mean, it didn’t seem that way between Brenson and Violet.>>

“That I can’t answer,” Janet replied with a sigh. “We don’t know enough about proper Voguel to know the answer to that.”

“Well, I know that I had dreams of things Brant had done, including Violet’s rape. It went all the way back to the very instance that Brenson initially trapped him into service, though he was happy to do it. In our talks, Ruben said he felt the same thing, but he thought that they were just nightmares that his mind made up and he had done his best to forget them. Then there is the fact that Brenson basically said that this woman was in constant contact with him, telling him how to do what he needed to do. I think that Old Ones have the means to communicate as we do, but ones that have not ascended to that level have to have more direct contact. “

Janet nodded in agreement, “That would explain why it is so difficult to find and end Old Ones. They could have been told of pending attacks and gotten away before we could get close.”

My mind once again began to wander as I looked out onto the water and awaited our arrival at the port. I wondered what would await us and what would lie ahead of us. There were so many risks in what we were going to attempt and there were so many forces working against us, that I worried about our chances for success. While we are only here to try and find a cure for Lillian’s predicament, my gut told me we would be thrust into the middle of a war between Vishant and the Voguel. I had spoiled an Old One’s plans for Bardack Province and painted a target on our backs. Then there was the matter of how the government of Vishant would react to what Janet, Lillian and I are if they ever found out. Lillian would be relatively safe until we are able to cure her, but if we are forced to use our abilities, it would not be long before they would come after us.

Their distrust of the Voguel would make anyone who showed any ability a threat. I had seen the same distrust and hatred in Janet when we first met, along with the others in the group.

An hour later, we were pulling into what Janet told me was Iltha’tal Village. It was not that unlike Dru’Tirk, in that its main industry was fishing the lake. It was slightly larger, and it probably wouldn’t be long before it became a town with all the bonuses that come with that. There was a bit of a military presence in the village, other than the normal guards that are stationed with their Patron but given the history of the Province I wasn’t surprised.

There were two soldiers waiting with the dock master when we disembarked from the fisherman’s boat. We thanked him for all he had done, and I gave him some Drectar for his trouble. He refused, but I insisted and asked that he use it to make whatever upgrades he needed for the vessel and that he would receive a special rate if he mentioned me to Carl when he talked to them. He thanked us and we made our way over to speak with the dock master. Janet had told me we would have to deal with this, so she would take the lead. ​​​​

“State your business in Iltha’tal village and in Vishant Province!” The guard demanded.

“You have no authority to ask that, “Janet responded. “You do not have jurisdiction over the docks of any village or town. The dockmaster can ask our purpose and determine if we could pose an issue to the village or province.”

“Who the fuck are you?” Demanded the guard, “and who the fuck do you think you are talking to, bitch?”

Janet and the others had been wearing cloaks that went from their shoulders to their feet, to cover them and keep them warm during the voyage. Due to these cloaks, their armor had been covered, so this idiot did not know who he was speaking to. From what I knew of Janet’s platoon and their standing, he just told off a senior officer. I had to hide my smirk as Janet stepped forward and with a flourish, tossed the sides of her cloak back, revealing her armor underneath.

“The real question is, do you know who you are speaking to?!” Janet yelled, her eyes filled with fury and rage. “I am the commander of the Silver Daggers and you will show me, and my companions the respect we are due. Do I make myself clear?!”

I watched all three of the men’s faces pale as she revealed who they were. The guards were more scared than the dockmaster.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.