To Hell and Back, Book One: Survival - Cover

To Hell and Back, Book One: Survival

Michael Gage

CH 17 - Alone Together

Action/Adventure Sex Story: CH 17 - Alone Together - Behind every strong man, there is a strong… demon? Logan Proud Bear thought he had been through hell in his life. Until he actually ended up there. Now he must survive the world of demons and the damned long enough to achieve the impossible. To escape from Hell itself. His only hope of success is an alliance with a beautiful and unpredictable Succubus. Only she can help him stay alive- if her fierce, sexual hunger doesn’t kill him first. The battle for the afterlife begins now.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Fiction   Fairy Tale   High Fantasy   Steampunk   Paranormal   Demons   Light Bond   Harem   Oral Sex   Nudism   Politics   Revenge   Royalty   Slow   Violence  

Karen watched as Logan checked the straps and buckles hugging Beauty’s generous curves one last time. Newly acquired leather armor and twin knives looted from Seralla would keep their demon safe. Heavy pouches of coin were snug and secure for the long journey. The shopping list had been discussed and agreed on.

He nodded and stepped back with a sigh. “You’re all set and good to go.”

“Again?” the demon asked with a hint of a smile.

He chuckled, then nodded. “Yes, again. I just...” Logan made a vague gesture. “Just be safe out there, yeah?”

Beauty stepped into his arms and into a long, lingering kiss. “I stay safe,” she promised. “Back soon.”

Karen watched them in silence as a storm of nameless emotions ran hot and cold in her chest. She too was worried about Beauty’s safety. No one knew the dangers of being alone out there better than she did. That she could be worried about a demon at all was, in itself, difficult to process.

She watched them kiss with such singular passion that it stole her breath away just to witness it. That two beings could find such intense delight in one another, in a place as awful as Hell, was a kind of miracle.

As the two figures reluctantly parted, Karen could see the internal struggle on his face. Logan’s desire to just call the whole thing off and stop Beauty from leaving was at war with knowing how much they needed the supplies that she would bring back.

They all now knew that Gomorrah was a city run by demons for demons. Humans were slaves and servants, branded on the face to show who owned them. Logan, all hard muscle and fierce human determination, would draw too much attention. Beauty could get in, buy what was needed, and get out without raising alarms or suspicion.

Assuming, of course, that nothing went wrong, and there were so many ways this could go wrong.

The same armor and weapons that would protect her also marked her as a target for looters. One glance from the wrong person at the heavy coin purse she carried could bring disaster. Karen thought Beauty could hold her own against anyone, but what if there were three, or ten coming after her?

It was a bitter pill to swallow. Beauty would be entirely on her own for many days, traveling on foot across a vast distance of hostile territory. Anything could happen. The thought of her out there, wounded and alone, was almost more than Karen could bear. She knew it must be worse for Logan.

They escorted Beauty to the cavern entrance. Karen slowed and fell back to give the two of them a final moment together. Beauty smiled up at Logan and then glanced at Karen where she stood somewhat off to one side. The Succubus reached out to her.

That one, simple gesture warmed Karen to her core in a way she would have thought impossible only two days ago. She eagerly stepped up. Beauty snaked a hand around her neck and pulled the woman in for a steamy, french kiss that lit up Karen’s libido in a rush of desire. Then the Succubus did the same to Logan. Finally, Beauty laid Karen’s hand on his.

“Gone many days. Beauty happy that Logan will not be alone. Back soon.”

Logan reached out with his other hand to the demon. Karen did the same, completing the circle. He looked into Beauty’s golden eyes. “Just come back to me safe and sound. Back to us. That’s the most important thing, ok?”

Despite the joy she felt to be included, it felt like a hand squeezing Karen’s heart. “Come back to us” had not been his first thought. It had been “come back to me.”

What Logan and Beauty had together was older and stronger. Karen resolved in that moment to earn her place in his life and to be worthy of that level of devotion. Whatever Logan wanted of her, she would gladly give.

Beauty nodded and let them go. There was nothing more to be said. No last-minute delays left to use. Karen dared to hold his hand and stood at his side as their demon companion walked off toward the horizon carrying with her any hope of a life beyond bare survival.


The cavern felt empty and cold without Beauty’s presence. Her absence hung in the air, unseen but inescapable. Anywhere Karen looked was a reminder.

She will return. The thought was cold comfort at best.

That first day, a few attempts at idle conversation with Logan died a quick, merciful death. She could sense his mood and wisely chose to give him space and solitude, or at least as much as close quarters would allow. The only saving grace, such as it was, could be found in the endless, labor-intensive tasks that were forever needing to be done.

Bristle pig needed to be butchered for meat and fur. Bones had to be splintered for the rich marrow inside to make broth and then shaped and sanded against stone to craft bone needles. Lengths of tendons had to be pounded with a rock, pulled apart into strips, and rewoven into cord for sewing. Fur had to be cut and stitched together with cord to finish the fur blanket and start on grass filled pillows.

It was difficult, frustrating work based entirely on trial and error. Many mistakes were made and progress was glacially slow. Still, it kept them both busy and distracted. They fumbled, grumbled, and cursed the hours away in a sour sort of companionship based on shared frustration and unspoken worry for their absent friend and lover.

Karen did her best to learn and contribute. Logan’s ability to craft something from virtually nothing was fascinating to watch. She thought of all of the poor souls out there, naked and helpless as she had been, and what they could accomplish with these same skills.

“Where did you learn to do all of this?” she asked as they worked.

“My grandfather was full Apache. When I was a boy I got into some trouble. Almost ended up in jail. My parents sent me to stay with him on the reservation every summer after that until I was old enough to sign up for the army.” Logan chuckled and shook his head at the memory. “He worked so hard to teach me the old ways of our tribe. I’m afraid I wasn’t a very good student, but he tried.”

“I would disagree.” Karen held up the braid of tendon she was working on. “All of this is possible only because you know what to do. I was just thinking how valuable these skills would be to other damned souls wandering Hell.”

When he did not respond, she looked up at him. The bone fragment lay forgotten in his loose grip. His eyes stared at the cavern wall but his attention was somewhere else, somewhere inside. Hints of amusement and wonder flickered across his handsome features.

“Logan? Are you ok?”

A slow, beautiful smile spread across his lips and all the way up to reflect in his dark, green eyes. “I just remembered that! Not just fragments but the entire memory! I can see my grandfather’s face, the house he lived in, and the wooded hills around the Fort Apache reservation in Arizona.”

He blinked and looked at her. “That’s where I was when all of this began! I was visiting the reservation because...” A look of consternation crossed his face and Logan sighed. “Yeah, I got nothing ... yet. But I will. Slowly but surely I do believe that I am getting my memory back.”

She smiled, happy to see him happy. “That’s wonderful!”

He reached over to squeeze her hand before returning to his work on the bone needle. She could still feel the weight and warmth of his hand on hers. Little things like that, just a simple gesture of genuine affection, made her heart sing. That she finally has somewhere to belong, and people to belong with, took her breath away.

“Thank you, Logan.”

“You are most welcome,” he replied in a distracted voice. Focused as he was on his needle project, Logan did not look up. If he had, he might have seen on her face the emotions Karen was feeling and realized how much she had meant every word.

Logan had, quite literally, swept her up and out of the endless nightmare that had been her entire existence ever since her death in the real world. Where there had only been pain, now there was pleasure. Loneliness and fear had been replaced with companionship and hope. It meant everything to her. He and Beauty meant everything to her. If only she could, by word or deed, find some way to make him understand just how very grateful she was!

An idea came to mind. Setting the half-finished braid down, Karen moved over behind Logan and placed her hands on his shoulders. He looked back at her with a questioning expression.

“Let me help,” she smiled. “I’m better at massages than I am at crafting.”

Her hands began to work their magic before he could protest. The only sound he made was a happy groan as her fingers worked into the tension knotted beneath his smooth skin and thick, sexy muscles. She worked across his shoulders and biceps, around his neck, and down his back until her fingers ached. Karen didn’t mind the discomfort. It was worth it to hear his growls and grunts of pleasure and for the excuse to explore every inch of his flesh.

“That feels ... amazing,” he sighed.

She leaned in to reply, “accidentally” brushing her breasts against his back. “I’m glad. You have done so much for me and ask for so little. It’s the least I can do.”

A comfortable silence settled between them as she worked. Logan had stopped working on the bone needle to enjoy her efforts.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.