Country Boy, City Girl Book II - Cover

Country Boy, City Girl Book II

Copyright© 2020 by Mushroom

Chapter 24

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 24 - This is the continuation of Pete's life and adventures. Finally graduating High School, he leaves for Marine Boot Camp. But some life changing events are still waiting in his future. Story codes will be added when appropriate.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Mult   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Crime   GameLit   Historical   Military   Tear Jerker   Group Sex   Harem   Black Male   Black Female   White Female   Oriental Female   Hispanic Female   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Tit-Fucking   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Geeks   Prostitution  

Most of the week I spent being lazy. Reservations were confirmed for the convention, and I made over a dozen calls to different companies, at the urging of Dee and Brad. And every company I contacted was enthusiastic about providing samples and other things for the convention.

The real surprise was Ginger. I called and asked if she had approval for the starter player’s handbook, and she assured me she had gotten it. “At first they were not to sure, since this is kinda what the Basic rule set was and that did not sell very well compared to AD&D. But I explained that since this was only to cover to around levels up to 5, it would only need a few pages for spells, and could be geared for a complete beginner segment. And when I explained you were going to run a tournament for complete beginners, my manager got really excited. He wants you to send us a first level tournament, suitable for beginners. Make it playable within two hours or less, and we will pay our standard rate. In exchange, we will also send you 5,000 copies of the rules.”

“Hmm, a two hour first tournament dungeon, I can do that. But Ginger, 5,000 copies? I was only thinking a few dozen. There is no way we will have that many there.”

“Then keep them, that way you can repeat this at future conventions. There will be a cover price of $5 for each one, and that includes a package of six dice also. They are considering how they will market this however. Will it be for conventions only as kind of a deluxe promo, or will we sell it? We are going to do an initial run of 100,000 copies and see how it goes. You can even sell the extras they said, so long as it is at or below the cover price, and the money goes to the club and not into your pocket.”

“Wow, that is $25,000 if we ended up selling them!”

“Well, yeah. But for us it is a good investment we hope. If given away, it might get more people interested in playing and they will but more books and accessories. Oh, and make sure you give me details on when this will be, at least two representatives of our Japanese division are interested in attending.”

I promised I would, and that hopefully I would have confirmation in the next day or so. We said goodbye, and after a quick lunch I drove back to Van Nuys AFB. The Staff Sergeant I spoke with that weekend was not there, but after handing my ID card and orders to an Airman she called over a Lieutenant. He smiled, and took me to the same office and told me to go ahead.

I caught Fred, and he was super stoked. “Dude, I got the 8th and 9th of November! Two days, and we have use of all of the meeting space! That means the large open area for displays, and things like that. Then we have all eight meeting rooms. I figure we keep half of them for tournaments, and the other half we make into a large open game area. And I also talked to MWR, they have provisionally given us a green light, provided there is enough interest at the convention. I figure if we can get at least 500 over two days, that will be enough to get the building.”

“That’s great Fred. I got some news also.” I told him about the 5,000 copies of the beginner’s handbook, and that all it cost us was my writing a tournament for first level players, at my usual fee. He said that sounded great, and like me he then asked what we would do with 5,000 copies.

“Pete, if we had 1,000 people show up, I would be surprised. That is way overkill, dude.”

“I know, but she said we could give them all away, even sell them so long as it is for no more than $5. And they are also coming with a set of basic dice. So instead of as prizes, we give them away to everybody that comes. And I got a lot more games that will probably be stacked up in the post office when I get back. Oh, and TSR wants to send some representatives from their Tokyo office. So start thinking of tournaments we can hold. And think big. I think we should change the name to the Okinawa Gamers Group, and include everything from kid games to serious wargames. If the MWR thing happens, that would be a big plus. Maybe Chutes & Ladders and Candy Land for little kids, on up to Stratego and Battleship for teens and adults. And of course D&D, the game book battles, and anything else.”

“Yeah, I like it. Okinawa Gamers Group, eh? OGG. That has potential, and better than the Kadena Wargamers. OK, I know a guy that plays that Star Trek RPG, I will try and corral him to do a starter level adventure also.”

I suggested he contact AFRTS and arrange some commercials starting in October, promoting the hell out of it since that would also be during the Veteran’s Day 96. And being a four day extended weekend off, we could surely attract some people for at least two of the days.

I drove home, and immediately called Brad and told him it was a go as well as the dates. He was enthusiastic, until I told him what TSR was sending. “Wow, 5,000 copies of a new rule book, and at least two representatives? I wish I could justify going myself. I would love to see what you throw together.”

“Well, I think that many copies is overkill to be honest. We were just thinking something we could give away to all who played the beginner tournament, but this is enough we can give a copy to everybody and still have thousands left over.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna get on my people and see if we can do something similar. How many are you expecting?” I described the floor space we had gotten, and while the group leader had figured we would do around 500 people, I was more optimistic at around 1,000.

“Hmm, 1,000. Yeah, I can work with that number and not break the PR budget. Care to write a tournament adventure that we can use?”

“Well, that was the next thing I was going to tell you. As part of the deal, I promised TSR a starter tournament, playable in two hours or less. That they can later pass out with the beginner rules as a way to introduce the game to others. Ginger told me that will be at their usual rate.”

“Not bad, expect around $5,000 for that then. Hmm, you said you are doing multiple tournaments?” I explained to him that I had planed on multiple tournaments, and told him the rules we were going to use.

“OK, I can work with that. How do you feel about making a Tunnels and Trolls starter tournament?”

“Sorry Brad, no can do. I am nowhere near familiar enough with those rules to make a good one. I mean, I know how to play, but things like balance and magic items and the like, I am not sure if I can do that.”

“OK, I will get one of my other people on it then. I know Ken St. Andre, and am pretty sure we can do a similar thing for his game. Pamphlet explaining the basic rules and characters through level 5 or so, and a starter tournament adventure. Let’s say 2,000, you can give them to all the people as well.”

“Yeah, that would be great! T&T is even better for young teens I think, the rules are a lot less complex. I hope you do not mind though that I promised TSR an adventure without clearing it with you first.”

“Oh Pete, I would have called you a fool if you did not. But send me a copy before you send it to them, and I will have a nice rejection letter ready. Explain in it that you are intending it to be published for free use in tournaments, and the lawyers will be happy. But our exclusive deal ended years ago, you do not have to go through me for everything you write.”

“Oh, I know that. But I like working for you, you got me my start. And you have always been more than fair with me.”

“Well, that’s just good business. OK, we will talk more at the convention, look forward to seeing you then.”

That afternoon I called Mandy at around 4, and she came right over. We went into the office and I explained to her everything that had happened that week. She was excited at all the things I had accomplished, and she was stoked when I asked her to do the illustrations for the starter dungeon.

“Now I plan on doing this as I did with Brad. I send them the module, with the illustrations already done. So once I finish it I will send you a copy, and you can then send the illustrations back to me, with a cover letter I can forward to them with the completed adventure. I bet they will be happy they do not have to try and contract it out and will jump on them.”

She gave me a huge hug, and a soft kiss. “Oh Pete, that will be awesome! And yes, I’ll do it! How long do you think it will take you to do it up?”

“Well, that’s the thing. I have not told Fred yet, but I’m gonna sit down with him and make him help me do it up. I have a few ideas actually, kind of like a mini Kaos adventure, but without Kaos and not so crazy. The DM will run an NPC that will help drive the story, and have it in both wilderness and a small dungeon. Fred already told me he will be gone by the time the convention happens. But I think getting co-writing credit will be a good memory for him.”

Dee came in and I then filled her in on everything. She said that sounded great, and reminded me of my promise. I laughed, and stood up. “Mandy, wanna go shopping with me?”

“Why, what you getting Pete?”

“A camcorder. And yes, I know I could get one in Japan. But I actually looked before, most are only in Japanese over there. The buttons, the screen in the viewer, the manual, all Japanese. I want one where everything is in English.”

We left hand in hand and got into her car. I had her drive to Circuit City, Good Guys, and a few other stores. After almost three hours of looking, I was in the same store I got my Commodore at and found just what I needed. An RCA Pro Wonder camcorder. It was big, and had everything I needed. I got that as well as a tripod, and a 4x lens that would screw on the end for longer shots.

The guy was getting it out of the back when a gal in a very stylish but professional looking blouse and skirt came up to me and smiled. She had changed her hair since I last met her almost two years before, but I smiled. “Hey there Rebecca, I see you are still here. Nice seeing you again!”

“You too, I was not sure if that was you or not. So no computer this time?”

“Nope, getting a camcorder this time. It looks like you have moved up since we last met.”

“Yep, and thanks to you actually, I think. I was promoted to the lead sales position the next week, and Tim was not happy. Let’s just say he did not handle the demotion well, and after he harassed me one time to many he was gone. I’m now the floor manager of the computer section, and my old boss Herb is the assistant manager of the Canoga Park store. When they promoted him there I got his old spot. And I know that it all started because of you.”

“No Rebecca, it is because of you. You were helpful to me, gave honest advice without thinking of your commission, and were a great saleswoman. All I did was point that out to your old boss, and show him what a jerk that other guy was.”

I introduced her to Mandy, who of course had heard all about when I bought the computers. Rebecca smiled at the salesman when he returned with the camera, and said she would take it from there. He smiled, but it looked strained. “Oh, don’t worry Tim, I’m not jumping your commission, you will be getting all of it. Give me your employee number and I will ring it up as your sale. We are just old friends, and I want to see if there is anything else he needs.”

And yes, Rebecca actually was flirting with me when she realized that Mandy was not my girlfriend but a friend. But little things, like resting her hand on the back of mine as she pointed something out to me. Mandy even grinned at me, seeming amused by the interaction. I ended up putting the 4x lens back, and selecting an 8x one instead. And an extra battery that would last even longer than the original one. And although it came with a nice hard case, she picked out a really nice soft bag I could use when traveling.

“Rebecca, this is what I remembered with you last time. You upsell, but in a way that not only makes a great deal of sense, it is things I might not have thought of on my own and things I really do need. And not only that, this is outside your normal department. Never forget that is why you are where you are now.”

She blushed deep red, and she was looking down before she looked up into my eyes, and thanked me. She rang us up, and sure enough I watched her pull out the paper and input the guys employee number as promised. I even got a significant discount, without even asking. “Well, the other Tim was a jerk, but it seems that this Tim will love you for this.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.