Across Eternity: Book 1 - Cover

Across Eternity: Book 1

Copyright© 2020 by Sage of the Forlorn Path

Epilogue

Fantasy Sex Story: Epilogue - Noah, a transmigrator that has lived more than a hundred lifetimes across a mosaic of realities, is once more reborn into a new world, but finds that the rules have changed.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   Slavery   Fiction   High Fantasy   DomSub   Oral Sex  

The town of Clive was bustling, filled with adventurers following the news of the dungeon crab’s emergence. Around half of them would die within its shell, but those with skill and luck came back with pockets full of ores and gems. Having returned to town just the previous night, Noah had tried listening for gossip about whether or not anyone else had managed to capture the dungeon.

He had taken all of the avenium he found in that room, possibly all there was in the crab. Whether they were smart enough or not ambitious enough, most adventurers wouldn’t go deep enough into the crab to realize it.

At the moment, Noah was focusing on something more pressing. He was at the inn, sitting on the bed in Beth’s room and examining her arm. After getting mauled, he reset her bones and wrapped her arm as best as he could. On the way down from the dungeon’s entrance, they met an adventurer and bought healing potions, but couldn’t completely reverse the damage. The flesh on her arm looked molted, and the muscle underneath was out of proper shape. The slightest movement made her wince.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think you’ll be able to draw a bow or lift anything heavy anytime soon. If you find someone with healing magic, they might be able to undo the damage, but otherwise, I can’t imagine your arm will ever regain its full use or strength.”

“That’s fine,” she said with a monotone voice and dead fish eyes. She shuddered as if shaking herself awake. “No, it’s not fine, it’s terrible. But ... I don’t have to worry about using a bow.”

“You’re quitting being an adventurer?”

“After everything we went through in that dungeon ... I don’t ever want to experience something like that again. I’m going to try and find a healer to mend my arm, but after that, I’m going to do what Mira wanted and settle down and build a family.”

“That’s for the best, I suppose.”

“Thanks. And Noah, about what I said to you in the dungeon, about how I was...”

“You’re not pregnant. Mira was.”

She looked at him in shock. “Wait, you mean you knew? But how?”

“I have enough experience with women to know how to avoid getting them pregnant, and I can tell when it’s close to that time of the month. It’s actually a well-honed skill that I’m proud of it. Mira told you she was late before we entered the dungeon, didn’t she? You pretended it was you instead. Did you lie to try and save yourself, or her?”

“Both, I guess. I’m not really sure. Oath didn’t know, he can never know.”

“I’m surprised they were able to keep it hidden from me. They always seemed a little protective of each other, but I had no idea they were so intimate.”

“She told me they were both drunk when it happened, and later told Oath that she thought it would be better if they focused on getting stronger for conquering the dungeon. After, they would have the rest of their lives to...” She trailed off, then looked out the window and sighed. “I’m going to go visit her mother and siblings, tell her what happened. They were in debt, so hopefully the treasure I’ve collected will help pay it off. I owe Mira that much.”

“This should cover it and more,” Noah said, handing her a small bottle of avenium.

“So much trouble, so many tears over this metal dust,” she muttered, staring at the bottle.

“Take care of yourself,” Noah said before getting up and leaving.

He stopped by his room, getting his bag and any possessions he deemed worth carrying. He had already sold off all of his ores and gems, so he had plenty of gold coins, tools, and treasures within his ring, including a vast fortune of avenium. He put on his backpack with his swords hanging from his belt, including a new longsword, and left the room, locking it behind him. His time in Clive was over.

Downstairs in the tavern, he handed the landlady the key. “Thank you for your hospitality.”

“Aye, I’m a bit sorry to see you go. But before you do, you should talk with your friend. He certainly needs some help.”

At the counter, he saw Oath slumped over with a half-empty mug in his hand. After returning to Clive, he had checked in with his father only briefly, then came straight to the inn and started drinking to drown his sorrows. It was a miracle the boy hadn’t died from alcohol poisoning. He smelled like he hadn’t bathed since before leaving to conquer the dungeon crab.

“Are you planning on drinking away your entire fortune?” Noah asked.

Oath raised his head, looking at him with bloodshot eyes. “Leave me alone.”

Noah took the stool next to him and ordered a drink. “I will, soon. For now, just humor me.”

Oath sat up and wiped his face. “Remember that hunting trip the five of us took in the beginning? When we were sitting around the fire, you told me that I had to decide my reason for living, for fighting. You said that I had to create my own meaning. When I went into that dungeon, I thought I was doing it for my father, to finally win his approval. But when Mira died, I realized I had done it for her.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.