Senior Year Part II - Cover

Senior Year Part II

Copyright© 2019 by G Younger

Chapter 12: Christmas Special

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 12: Christmas Special - David Dawson is off to LA to star in a J-drama. He volunteers to introduce his Japanese castmates to American culture. While in LA issues arise with his recruitment, which causes the NCAA to get involved, and not in a good way. In his personal life Brook and his relationship continues to evolve and his friends all come out to LA to visit. Join his story where our 'stupid boy' faces new challenges in a sexy romantic comedy with just enough sports and adventure mixed in to make it a must-read.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   Sports   Slow  

Friday December 23
Brook bailed on me when I had to go to the Love Letters set. She and the moms decided to go shopping one last time before the ‘rents flew out. I’d pointed out that there was shopping in Malibu, not only in the trendy areas of LA. How they’d missed the Country Market totally mystified me. I had planned to take Brook there, but when her parents had their problems, we’d all gotten distracted.

Kitty Ellis had told me last night at the premiere that she wanted me to come in early to do a test shoot with Kimberly Fillmore. I’d promised Kimberly that I’d see if there was a small part for her to help get her career restarted.

When I arrived at the studio, I’d gone to my trailer to read today’s script. There was a knock at the door, and Manaia beat me to answering it. Technically, I expect he should be the one to answer for security reasons. Who knew, it might be a fan wanting to show their appreciation with baked goods. I could actually go for a cinnamon roll and a cup of tea about now.

“I’m here to see that sexy actor.”

That caught my interest. Maybe food was overrated.

“Ben’s trailer is the next one over,” Manaia helpfully offered.

It was sad to see Kendal’s career cut short. Manaia turned around and looked at me because she’d burst out laughing. The unfortunate part was, Manaia didn’t realize he’d just cut me to the quick. Then again, maybe he did.

“Kendal, get your butt in here,” I called out.

Manaia stepped aside as Kendal, Kimberly, and Ari all came in. I noticed that Phyllis, Kimberly’s mom, wasn’t with them. It looked like she’d taken my advice and hired professional representation.

“Mr. Dawson,” Kendal said as she came over and shook my hand.

Someone wanted to show Kimberly this was a job interview and not just Kendal and me catching up. I took her cue and tamped down my retort about the ‘sexy actor’ comment. I thought it sort of blew her ‘professional’ image.

“Manaia, can you see if they’re ready for us?” I asked and then turned to Kimberly. “You good to go?”

“I’m a little nervous,” she admitted.

“You’ll do fine. You’ve worked with David before,” Kendal said confidently.

Manaia sent a text with my phone, and it chirped back after a minute. He showed it to Kendal, and she nodded. I let her and Manaia lead the way, with Kimberly in the middle, as Ari and I followed. Ari planned it this way so he could pitch me the next mega-project he’d found.

“I have a TV series I need you to look at. The working title is Lies, and it’s supposed to be the next big thing on HBO,” he pitched.

“Send the script to Lexi,” I said to shut him down.

“You’ll actually consider it?” he asked.

I would consider anything, but I’d learned to use a process in deciding that reduced my stress. Lexi would send the script to Kent and his team to review before I would get it. Ari seemed to find a lot of scripts that were ‘right’ for me; this process weeded out the duds. My guess was that Kent had people who read the scripts for him. Only the better ones were sent to him to review. He read them, and if they were good, Kent would forward them to me.

When I first got into the business, Ari would send over stacks of scripts for me to read. I’d enrolled my parents and Kendal into helping me wade through the clutter. Frank, my publicist, caught wind of what Ari was doing and helped rein him in. I had to chuckle when I remembered how at the time, I’d thought I had to read every one of them. This new system was much better.

Kent also knew that if it caused me to miss any school, he had to get it approved by my mom. It was amazing how that had cut down the number of scripts I was sent. The only one I’d seen recently that’d caught my interest was the new Superman TV series coming out next year. It was a small recurring role, but I thought the whole concept looked like it would be fun.

I was saved from Ari when he spotted Kitty Ellis and went to pester her about Kimberly. She shooed him away, and we got down to business.

“Thanks for coming in,” she greeted Kimberly. “We’ll do a scene with David so I can show it to the executives and get their okay before we move forward.”

It was a short scene. From Kitty’s body language, I could see she wasn’t sold on Kimberly’s performance. I personally felt Kimberly had forced it, and it came across as overdone.

“We’ll be in touch,” Kitty said.

Poor Kimberly wilted before my eyes at that cliché dismissal.

“Manaia, please take Kimberly and show her around,” I suggested.

Kimberly looked like she needed to go cry. We waited until she was out of earshot.

“Honestly, I don’t think so,” Kitty said.

Both Ari and Kendal tried to jump in to advocate for their client, but I held up my hand.

“I owe her,” I said.

The whole Laurent mess as a director, predator, and him sending her to sleep with me was in the back of my mind. I was still a little worried that it would all come back at some point.

“You’re the boss. I’ve worked with her, and I’m sure I can get what I need,” Kitty conceded.

I’d almost forgotten that I was one of the owners of the film, along with Halle and the studio. If I’d known I wielded this kind of power...

“You sure?” I asked.

Kitty knew what had happened in Cuba and probably guessed why I’d asked that Kimberly get a shot at a role. She was smart enough to know that I’d be careful not to overstep with her because I respected what she did. Kitty nodded her agreement. I figured I now owed Kitty for something she would want down the road. Hollywood was a small community in a lot of ways. I was okay with owing Kitty for this favor. I was sure that we could trade back and forth if my career continued. Heck, I got her this gig. Maybe I was still in the plus column on the favor ledger sheet.

Kendal and Ari went to give Kimberly the news.

“Thanks,” I said.

Kitty went off to get ready for our day.


Kimberly landed the role of a barista at the coffee shop everyone seemed to go to in the movie. Kitty had me order coffee and flirt with Kimberly. In another scene, Kimberly commented that my girlfriend was in the back area. I explained that Halle’s and my characters were just friends. Kimberly acted like I was clueless.

When you make a movie, the scenes sometimes make no sense because they’re shot out of sequence. It didn’t help when they added a character halfway through filming. All the scenes of ordering coffee had to be reshot. I felt bad for the girl who’d originally been cast. I was somewhat mollified when I saw she was still in the scenes. At least she’d get her screen credit on this movie. The difference was, Kimberly had more lines than was originally in the script; that was done to help beef up her role.

My final scene was with Halle’s character telling mine she was in love with Ben’s. It was supposed to be the feel-good moment when she admits it to herself and unknowingly crushes me. Halle stopped me before we did the scene.

“Can I give you some insight?” she asked.

I nodded, not quite sure where this was going.

“Imagine how I felt when you told me that you would rather be with Brook.”

I took it in and sighed. It sounded like I was about to have ‘the talk’ one more time. So far, Zoe’s had been the worst. She made it clear that she wanted us to date and took it hard that Brook and I had decided to be a couple. I’d never doubted my decision once it was made. Though I did have some doubts about Brook when she went postal on me a few times. The most memorable one was when she thought Destiny and I’d hooked up on the date Destiny had won for getting the most signatures for Duke’s mayoral run. Not quite as bad was when Brook learned that I’d had three more children pop out of the woodwork. Other than that, I’d known she was right for me.

“If I’m honest, I’ve had feelings for you since we first met. And I know that you care for me very much. I want you to know that the last thing I’d ever want to do is to hurt you,” I said.

Halle looked down, and I could see her start to get emotional. Crud! Johnny Depp once said, ‘If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one. Because if you truly loved the first, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.’ Even I realized that Johnny Depp wasn’t someone to take advice from, but that made sense to me. Still, although I might agree with him, I wasn’t about to tell Halle that.

I decided to go with what I thought on the matter. If I might lose my friendship with her, I wanted it to be honest.

“I know you don’t think it was fair. Your leaving to chase your dreams wasn’t something in either of our control.”

“You mean if I’d stayed... ?”

“Oh, Honey,” I said as I wrapped her up in my arms. “I didn’t mean it that way. I guess I was just ready to have a relationship. You know that Brook and I were close; maybe as close as we are. It just came down to the fact that she and I fit. I don’t want to sound clichéd and say she is the wind beneath my wings, or she makes me a better man. But the crazy thing is—she is and does.

“It took us a while to realize just how much we care for each other. Now that we do, I can’t imagine being with anyone else,” I said.

“I get it. I’m just jealous that it’s not me. The part that really sucks is I see it when you two are together. It would be so much easier if Brook were a bitch and I could hate her. It’s just hard to stand back and watch you two be so sickeningly happy,” Halle said and smiled for the first time to let me off the hook.

“So, you’re okay with it? I don’t have to worry about you?” I asked.

“God, I love you,” she said and wrapped me in a bear hug.

“Uhm ... people are watching,” I said as I looked over her shoulder.

“Let them.”

“Perfect!” Kitty said. “Did you get that on camera?”

She looked at the crew, and they nodded.

“Good,” she continued. “Send it to the writers. I want this scene rewritten along those lines.”

Halle pulled away from me and had a sheepish expression.

“Did you set me up?” I asked with a half-smile.

She nodded. I guess anything for the art. Now I would have a permanent reminder of this talk.


I found Ben Cowley in my dressing room.

“Smooth. I’m going to have to remember that the next time I get in a bind,” he teased.

I deserved that. Our talk had been a little too public for a conversation that serious.

“I find it better to not get into those kinds of binds,” I sagely advised.

“Sometimes, it can’t be helped.”

I disagreed, but I wasn’t going to argue with him. Ben was part of the LA culture and wasn’t a choir boy.

“Today’s my last day,” I shared.

“I heard that. We only have a few more weeks, and then I need to start looking for my next job,” Ben complained.

“Ari told me about a new TV show on HBO. You might get in touch with him,” I suggested.

“You do know that it’s unheard of for a fellow actor to tell another about a possible role.”

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because we all need the work, and most of us would give up our firstborn to get a role.”

“If I wanted the role, I would get it anyway,” I teased.

Ben barked out a laugh.

“You’re a jerk sometimes, but that’s why I like you,” he said, and then got suspicious. “Why don’t you want it?”

It was my turn to laugh.

“Dude. I haven’t even seen the script; Ari pitched it to me not ten minutes ago. Plus, I have to get back to high school.”

Ben rolled his eyes at me. He thought I was an idiot to be going to high school when I could be making money doing TV or movies. Then I had an idea.

“Hey, did you hear they’re casting for that new Superman TV show? I was half tempted to see if I could get something on it,” I suggested.

If my inner ten-year-old was in charge, I would play a superhero.

“Do you know who to call to get an audition?” Ben asked.

“No, but I know who does.”

“Frickin’ Ari,” Ben moaned.

“You already have Kent managing you and use our other services. Why not see if Ari would represent you and complete the team?” I suggested.

“But he’s such a douche.”

“He’s the douche who will keep you working. Believe me, Ari Gould is all about the dinero. He only makes money if you are. Plus, what’s your agent doing for you right now?” I asked.

“If I know her, she’s banging the talent to get them to sign with her,” he said and then blushed.

“Well, do tell,” I teased.

“Dawson, you’re a sick fuck. She’s old enough to be my mom.”

“Ben, Ben, Ben...” I said, shaking my head. “I bet Ari would do you if the money was right.”

That earned me a slug in the arm. I was saved when I was called onto the set to do my last scene.


It was weird to hear Halle give me back almost line for line what I’d said to her earlier. I told Kitty I should get a writing credit for baring my soul and them pirating what I’d said. She told me she was all out of favors for me today.

While I’d been doing my scene, Manaia had packed up everything in my trailer. I was amazed at all the stuff I’d accumulated when I saw it in the back of the car. I wondered if he’d packed up some items that might not really be mine.

But I quickly forgot about it because we were headed to our dress rehearsal for the TV show which aired tomorrow night. Halle would join us when she wrapped for the day.


It didn’t take us long since the studio was only a little way down the road from where we’d just been. Once we arrived, we were sent to where we needed to be. I paused for a moment to take in the stage. Instead of being straight across the front like you’d see for a play, they’d built in two bump-outs for large TV cameras. With their placement, they could capture off-angle shots from each side. That allowed the director to have the actors stand at a slight angle. It would look like they were talking into the camera when they were actually speaking to another cast member.

An impressive array of gear was hanging down from above the stage. The room itself probably seated a couple hundred people. Towards the back, in front of a glassed-in room overlooking everything, was another large camera. The glass room was where the producer, director, and all their minions would be stationed to manage the show.

Manaia and I had just reached the center of the stage when a frazzled young man came rushing out from the back.

“You can’t be here ... oh, you’re David A. Dawson,” he said as he quickly realized his mistake. “You’re needed in the dressing room. Your staff can hang out in the Green Room.”

He grabbed my arm and led me to the back like I was ten years old. Manaia ignored his dismissal and followed me to the dressing area. The man looked at Manaia and frowned when he saw he’d followed us.

I decided to play with this guy, who was just a tad too bossy for my taste. I did the potty dance Kyle does when it’s way too late.

“Mister, I have to go,” I whined.

The look on his face was worth it. I’ll give Manaia credit; he just stared at Mr. Bossy.

“Uh,” the guy stammered.

“Right now!” I announced.

“This way,” he finally said to lead me to the men’s room.

“Next, he’ll tell you he needs help,” Manaia predicted.

I think he finally got that he was treating me like I was a little kid, even though I guessed he was only five or so years older than me. Mr. Bossy closed his eyes and shook his head like my mom did when I was on her last nerve after a long day. He pointed to where the restroom was and stomped off.

Rita James chose that moment to stroll out of the back.

“I see you’re already causing trouble,” she chastised.

I gave her a quick hug.

“Sorry, but I really do need to excuse myself for a moment,” I said and went to use the men’s room.

When I came back, Rita and the man I’d tweaked were talking. I decided I’d better be good and get my clothes for the show straightened out. I almost fell down laughing when I found Birthrite dressed up as elves. With their riot of different hair colors, their green outfits made a statement.

“Ladies, looking good,” I teased.

“Bite me, David,” Amy, the multicolor-haired drummer, shot back.

I whipped out my phone and took their picture. The looks of horror on their faces when I snapped the shot made it a keeper.

“You’re so dead,” Jett threatened with frustration written on every line of her face.

I wasn’t sure why she was upset. Tomorrow, she’d be wearing that outfit on stage, live—in front of millions of viewers. I looked at the picture and smiled.

“I think this should be your next album cover,” I suggested.

“Just wait to see what they have planned for you to wear,” Jett threatened.

They all had satisfied looks, which made me suspicious. Rita found us glaring at each other.

“What did he do now?” she asked, assuming it was me who caused this.

“They said you picked out horrid clothes for me to dress up in. I hope I’m not going to be Santa to these evil elves,” I said, going on the offensive.

“Settle down. We’re all just getting into the spirit of the season,” Rita said and shooed me to the lady in charge of wardrobe.

All I’ll say is that at least I didn’t have to wear an elf or Santa costume.


The dress rehearsal was used to work out the timing as to when everyone had to be on stage and in what costume. We also sang just enough of our songs to make sure they had the sound levels right. What sounded good in the theater didn’t mean it would sound the same on TV. I’d seen some reality TV singing shows where they didn’t get it right, and those were awful.

We would do the show tomorrow starting at five o’clock so it would be live on the east coast. The network would show it on tape delay later for the western half of the country.

As I was making a costume change, I received a text from Lexi. She was at my companies’ Christmas party, and she let me know that everyone liked the Cookie Butter. She mentioned they might like their Christmas bonuses even better. It wasn’t a very subtle hint that we’d done well this year with the growth of the management company. Dad had said it was way ahead of projections. I was sure he and Caryn had made the call whether to share the wealth. That’s why I paid them.


When I finally got back to the house, Brook’s parents and mine had already left for home. I went to my room and found all my belongings were missing. I suspected that Brook had moved everything to the master suite. Sure enough, I found my gear there, and Brook was sound asleep in my bed. The master had a king-size bed, so if my girlfriend needed room to roll around, she could do it without keeping me awake all night.

It was late, so I got undressed and joined her.


Saturday December 24
Today was going to be a busy day. We had to finish shooting this week’s episode of the J-Drama, and then I had hurry to the studio where they would film the Christmas Special. As I came out of the bathroom, freshly showered, I found Brook awake. I gave her a quick good morning kiss.

“How did it go yesterday?” she asked.

“Good. I think Rita may have gone too far down memory lane. She has us dressing up in period costumes for the Christmas Special,” I complained and then smiled. “You should see the elf suits Birthrite has to wear.”

I don’t think Brook was listening to me. She reached out and loosened my towel around my waist.

“Look what I found,” she purred as she grasped Mr. Happy.

“I have to get going.”

Who was I kidding? I would make time for Brook.


I’d lost count of the number of times I’d been glad Caryn had found this house for me. If I lived almost anywhere else, the traffic would’ve made me late. Manaia had me at the door right on time. On the way, I’d told him to go find us breakfast and bring it back after he dropped me off. I’d made the call to skip breakfast for some alone time with my girlfriend.

Hana and I rushed in, and Mr. Otsuki, our director, spotted me.

“We’re ready for you,” he announced.

“I haven’t had a chance to get into makeup or change out of my street clothes,” I warned him.

“You look fine.”

I shrugged. Hana said my lines phonetically for me, I repeated them back, and she nodded.

I did the scene. Nailed it!


While we did a handful of scenes, the rest of the crew had been busy at the Lisa Smith Wengler Center for the Arts in the Smothers Theatre. They were getting ready to shoot the theater scenes for my date with Haru. As soon as we were done, we went there. I was amazed that they’d gotten so many extras to show up Christmas Eve morning. Back home, people either had a half-day at work or skipped it to be with family. If it were me, I’d have been sleeping in at this hour.

I went to the dressing room in the theater to change into my date clothes. In the back, all the actors for the play were getting ready too. It was the typical preshow frenzy I’d experienced doing our high school production. Through the chaos, I spotted Haru. Then I noticed it had suddenly gotten quiet.

I looked around, and all eyes were on me.

“Hi,” I said and gave them a little wave.

An older man, who I assumed was in charge of their play, stepped forward.

“Welcome. We’re all excited to have you here. It’s a great opportunity for everyone,” he said, pumping my hand.

“Pepperdine has been very welcoming. All the cast and crew have commented on how friendly and accommodating everyone has been. I have high hopes that, with your help, we’ll have a successful shoot today,” I said as I struggled to find the right words.

It seemed to be what they wanted to hear. I was soon surrounded by the cast as they all wanted to ask me questions. I held up my hand to slow them down.

“Sorry, but I have a tight schedule today. How about I come back next week, and we can talk?”

“That would be excellent,” the man in charge said.

I was happy to see Manaia was back with food.

“Sorry, traffic was nuts. I think everyone’s out doing last-minute Christmas shopping,” he explained.

“Why didn’t you go to Starbucks here?” I asked.

“They closed because school is out. I had to run into Malibu to find something open.”

I opened the bag and found a breakfast burrito. Score! Hana pouted that he hadn’t brought her one. I pointed out that she was in the car when I told him to get food. Then I realized that Hana was busting my chops. When did she get so brave? I think she just wanted to see if I would share. Not happening.


The shoot at the theater had gone well up to the point where we needed to get some b-roll of Haru and me watching the play. The focus was on the stage with us watching the play, which was a modern version of Romeo and Juliet. It was different because they’d not updated the speech, just the clothing.

The problem was that the actors on stage got nervous when the cameras were on them.

Romeo: If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.