A New Beginning - Cover

A New Beginning

Copyright© 2019 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 15: Healing Mom, Sam’s Justice, Sylvan Gets a Surprise, My Bond Daughters

As she turned and walked away my parents started laughing. I had not even heard them approach when the class ended. I grinned and looked at them, “getting used to the place?”

My dad nodded looking around, “it takes getting used to but I think I like it. I am going to miss my practice though. I had a lot of people that worked with me that were friends.”

I looked at them, “sorry you came?”

My mother stepped close, “no Michael. This place is different and we will make new friends. You were and still are our life.”

I smiled at her and my father, “I love you both. I am not sure how to ask what I want to ask though.”

My dad looked at me and gestured towards the passageway, “someone named Jeremy said you had sick and injured you tended to around this time?”

I laughed, “Jeremy is the one that I am using to bring literacy to this place. Now I think he is the head of my teachers. But you are dodging the question like you always do.”

I looked at them as I stopped before reaching the young woman that had apparently replaced Jeremy, “this place is different. I am different. Tell me why mom could not have another child. I am not asking now because I want a brother or sister. I am asking because I want to know that it was not because of me.”

Mom step closer, “Michael it does not matter.”

I looked at her, “it does now mother. I have hundreds of girls and women here, over fifty of them are my adopted daughters. I find that I like that feeling very much. I need to know why you could not have more children. Do not tell me it does not matter, I remember hearing you crying because of it.”

Dad sighed as he looked at my mother, finally he looked into my face, “when you were conceived you started growing inside one of her tubes and it tore, badly. As you developed you were still high in the womb and something happened that tore the other tube. Normal the damage could be repaired but we did not catch the damage in time and there was scarring, bad scarring. The doctors ended up tying her tubes.”

I looked at my mother and was thinking so fast that she hugged me tight, “it is okay Michael I have you.”

I looked at my father, “do you trust me?”

He was surprised but nodded and I looked down at my mother, “Mom? Will you trust me as a doctor and not just your son?”

She smiled up at me, “Michael the doctors that I had were very good.”

I smiled, “perhaps they were but I have something they do not. Magic and daughters that have a gift of magical healing.”

My mother patted my arm, “That is true, but Michael, I am getting too old to have more children.”

I laughed, “Mom? Remember how old Elizabeth is?”

She frowned, “you should not remind me.”

I laughed again as I saw my dad cover his mouth, “that one of my bonded is an older woman?”

She suddenly laughed, “yes but that does not mean I can...”

I grinned, “Mom, whatever gate or whatever it was that brought me here, it changed me. I can do magic and not just use what master Haung taught me. It changed things in my body and in my brain. I will live as long as Elizabeth does.”

My mother and father looked at me and I smiled, “the two of you just came through a magical gate. One I think that spanned not only distance but possibly realities. You were inside the gate a long time. What changes could it have made?”

She looked at my frowning father and back at me, “what did you want to do?”

I grinned, “I want to examine the two of you. If what I think happened did happen than I want to repair your injury. You would then have the choice of more children or not.”

She smiled at my father and back at me and teased, “you just want a little brother.”

I looked at my father and he nodded, “I think the exam sounds good but do not get your hopes up.”

I stepped up to the desk and the young lady smiled, “well you did have quite a few ladies that were here to see you for exams but they left suddenly.”

I remembered Cat saying Elizabeth was calling and sighed, “no sick came in?”

She shook her head and turned to look as Sarah came down. I cleared my throat remembering my manners, “I owe you an apology. I did not introduce myself properly the other day. I am Michael and since I see you still sitting at Jeremy’s desk it must be his devious way of telling me that I hired you to replace him here.”

She grinned at me and held out her hand, “Jeremy said to wait until you figured it out. I am Mary. I was one of the homeless that came here seeking sanctuary.”

I smiled back as Sarah stopped by us, “was one of the homeless?”

She nodded, “I think I have found a home here. I may not have the patience to teach but I can keep your, clinic? Running.”

I looked at her, thinking about the new building a cross the river, “are you still in one of the rooms downstairs?”

She nodded and shrugged, “they are warm and we do not bother each other too much.”

I nodded, “but it is crowded I know. Send a runner to Ann, tell her I said you are to be given a room in the new building.”

She blushed, “I, eh...”

I raised my eyebrows and she laughed, “there is a man I am seeing. Can he live with me?”

I blinked, “if you want him to live with you why are you asking me?”

She laughed, “everyone says you are our dad.”

I shook my finger as my parents laughed, “in that case I should make you bring him to meet your parents and demand his intentions.”

She laughed harder, “right now his intentions are being foiled by all the neighbors.”

I laughed with her and turned to Sarah, “did anyone come in last night?”

Sarah smiled, “No but I am starting to worry about all the pregnant women. There are quite a few and I am not the best when it comes to delivering babies.”

My dad cleared his throat, “perhaps I should start earning my way?”

I smiled as I remembering what dad specialized in. I looked at Sarah, “Sarah? Meet my father the doctor and he is the best when it comes to delivering babies. Hiding behind him is my mother. She is not a doctor but I think Ann and Margaret are going to love some of her recipes.”

Sarah grinned and I looked down at her waist and frowned, “Sarah? Why are you not wearing your brace?”

She blushed, “Paul and I were ... I was in a hurry and forgot.”

I laughed and took her hand and gave it a squeeze, “than it is ok between the two of you? Not like before with...”

She blushed but leaned closer and kissed me as Gentle came down, “careful Michael or I will have to tell Cat.”

I laughed, “I was making sure your partner was treating my apprentice okay.”

Gentle smiled at Sarah, “he better or I will give him to her in bond and she can beat him.”

Sarah laughed as she stretched up to give him a kiss too, “Paul is treating me just fine.”

She looked at Mary, “did I hear you say we had nobody?”

Mary nodded and Sarah looked at me, “any classes?”

I looked at my father and mother, “is now ok to do the exam?”

They looked at each other and nodded and I looked at Sarah, “you can help set up for an exam and later you can go over your notes with my father for the pregnant women.”

Sarah nodded and we moved down the hall. I stopped as they entered a room to look back at Mary, “is there anyone to take notes or run messages?”

Mathew stuck his head out of the next room, “me and Ginny are here.”

I smiled, “Ginny?”

Mathew grinned as he came out holding a girl’s hand, “she lives a couple of streets over.”

I tilted my head into the exam room and grinned, “no smooching while taking notes though.”

Ginny blushed and then laughed, “I will restrain myself.”

Then it was Mathew’s turn to blush. I pointed them to some chairs, “alright everyone this is my parents and we are going to start with an exam. Dad you first, I will not prod you too much.”

I felt Elizabeth start another spell, this time a shield. I frowned but then felt the wave of magic that struck me as many of her children and grandchildren put up shields. Before I could panic I felt Cat through our bond reassuring me. I shook my head as Sarah put her hand on my arm, “are you ok?”

I nodded and turned to Ginny, “would you walk down to Mary and tell her that when all the mages start running in she should tell them everything is fine. That Elizabeth is just giving her children and grandchildren lessons.”

Ginny nodded and left. Dad looked up at me, “is that what I felt?”

I frowned, “you felt it?”

I looked at my mom, “mom?”

She nodded and I smiled to myself, “then yes. What you felt was Elizabeth giving a lesson.”

Mom shivered, “it felt all tingly.”

I looked at my father, “remember all the neat gadgets?”

My dad nodded and I laughed, “we do not have them here but what we do have is this.”

I put my hands over his body and reached in feeling everything. I turned my hands over and lifted them. A spectral body of my father rose out of him and I moved it to the side, “this is a teaching clinic in case you have not guessed.”

I moved the display until it was beside the bed and then I looked at dad, “you can sit up.”

I looked at Sarah, “I have not had the chance to do this with you.”

I moved my hands apart and suddenly the display was clear except for the skeleton, “this is the bones. The structure of the body and by the way I will be getting with Elizabeth and try to make something that will allow you to do this.”

We went over all the systems of the body together with my father putting in a comment here and there. The brain was last and I saw the active part I was looking for and pointed it out to both Sarah and my father. My father was very interested moved closer to see better and I laughed, “dad it is a display.”

I spread my hands apart and the image grew larger and my father absently thanked me as both he and Sarah still bent closer. Ginny cleared her throat and I turned to see Nathen and two other mages in the doorway, “Nathen how can I help you?”

He cleared his throat, “I know how you feel about us interrupting you when you are with a patient but Elizabeth’s lessons. They are very distracting. Perhaps you can ask her to ward her practice area?”

I looked from him to the other mages, “did you go down and ask her to do that?”

Nathen turned pink, “there were shields up and...”

I smiled, “strong isn’t it. Just so you know the grotto is warded as you already know.”

The faces of the other two mages turned white and Nathen nodded, “maybe she can teach them all how to put up a stronger one?”

I smiled, “that is a good suggestion.”

I concentrated on my link and pictured a physical sphere around Elizabeth and pushed it out to cover the entire grotto. It was like I saw Cat suddenly. She smiled and nodded and I felt the shield stop. I looked at Nathen, “Cat will tell her. They took the shield down.”

One of the mages frowned, “you talked to her?”

I shrugged, “I pictured what I thought the ward should be and I guess you could say I pushed it through our bond.”

The other mage pushed into Nathen, “how do you know your bondmate understood you?”

I smiled, “because I saw Cat and she indicated that she understood and would tell Elizabeth. Why?”

He grinned at Nathen, “I knew it.”

He looked at me, “you said you saw, Cat was it? How?”

I looked at him and frowned, “in my mind but it is like I felt it in my heart and all around me.”

His grin got bigger, “do you see your other bonded or just feel them?”

I thought about his question and realized that I had only seen Cat but felt all of them, “I feel all of my bonded why?”

He nodded, “you did not answer my question. You did not have to. Your Cat is the Alpha or what you would call stronger bond partner, your bond leader.”

I shook my head, “whatever. Nathen, I am sorry we have caused problems again. Elizabeth should have the ward up soon and hopefully your next visits will be because you want to visit a friend.”

He nodded, “before I go I see you are using your magic like you did with Summer. May we watch?”

I looked at dad, “I do not mind. I was finished with my father and was going to examine my mother. You can ask her if she would mind if you stayed.”

Nathen bowed to my mother, “dear lady, would you do us the honor of letting us observe. You son is performing magic in a new and interesting way and we would be in your debt.”

Mom blushed and curtsied back to him. I was amazed, I had never seen my mother curtsy before, “of course sir. My son has said this is a teaching clinic. I do not see why he can not teach something besides medicine.”

He looked at me and I waved them in. I turned to dad, “are you done looking?”

He smiled, “I am the patient. The question is are you done?”

I grinned, “yes and there were changes made when you came through the gate.”

Nathen cleared his throat, “Michael what are we seeing and what changes?”

I looked at him and grinned, “sorry. You were not here when I showed it to my father.”

I turned my hand like turning a knob and the area I was talking about glowed a little brighter, “really the only visual thing we can see that changed is this part of the brain. This is the part of the brain that I have found to deal with magic. It becomes more active in a mage when they do magic. The other changes I do not think my father even saw. It has to do with a body’s ability to regenerate or repair itself. Probably over time it will look like he is getting younger until he reaches his age of maturity.”

Dad looked at me in shock, “younger?”

I grinned, “yes. It means you will probably start dragging mom off more often. Like when I was small.”

He laughed and mom blushed. I waved the display away and gestured to mom, “your turn mom. Lets see if you will have to beat him off with a club.”

Mom laughed as I helped her onto the bed, “I never beat him off with a club.”

I grinned, “that was because you were too busy pulling him into the bedroom.”

She laughed and lay back, “I think you understand why now.”

I grinned and put my hands over her. I reached down into her, “alright Nathen, mom said to teach you. Unfortunately I use my hands to illustrate what I do so you do not have to pay attention to them. First I use my chi or life force to reach inside and “look/feel/hear” everything in the body. Then I capture the image in my mind and project that image into the body. I make sure everything matches and then I pull the image out.”

I lifted my hands and the image of mom came out of her body. She sighed and looked at me, “that felt like you were tickling me all over.”

I stopped, “you should not have felt anything.”

She looked at me and raised her eyebrow, reminding me of where I picked that habit up. Sarah giggled and I had to grin, “was it like the feeling of magic Elizabeth did?”

Mom thought for a minute and nodded, “sort of.”

I grinned and moved the display to the side, “you can sit up but stay on the bed.”

I did the same thing as before but also telling the three mages how I was changing the display. When I got to her womb I stopped and looked carefully, even to expanding it to several times the normal size. I looked at my father as he sighed in resignation, “it is like I told you.”

I looked at them both and turn to everyone in the room, “would all of you mind waiting outside for a minute. Ginny? Would you see if Samuel is here?”

As they were filing out I reached for Elizabeth. Cat was there smiling at me until I pulled on our bond and she looked startled before disappearing. It was only a minute before Elizabeth ran into the room, “what is wrong Michael!”

I looked at her and held out my arms. When she came into my arms she whispered, “what is it love?”

I turned and showed her the display. She smiled, “I meant to tell you that seeing you do this made me so proud. What is it you want me to see?”

I held my breath, “you deal with the body and its functions. Antizel put some kind of spell on you that made your body regenerate. Do you see here where the tubes leave the womb? See how they are scarred and blocked by the scar tissue. If I were to surgically remove it back to the womb could a spell cause the tube to regenerate?”

She looked at me and then at my mother sitting on the bed, “this is you?”

Mom nodded as my dad stepped close to her. Elizabeth looked at the womb again and sighed. My hope fell through the floor as she turned to me, “The damage has been there so long it would be a long shot. It would be better to remove the womb entirely and regenerate it and the tubes together.”

I looked at her stunned, “Remove the entire womb?”

Elizabeth nodded, “I am not a healer though.”

I looked at the womb thinking of the procedure and Elizabeth put her hand on my arm, “Would you be able to remain calm doing this love?”

I sighed knowing what she meant, “maybe not.”

I walked to the door, “Nathen I am sorry but my little class is over. Mathew see if Aretha is still here. If he is I would like to see him for a consult. If he is not I will pay your fee for running to find him.”

Summer, Cat and Sam came out of the stairs and started down the hall. Sylvan poked his head out and started to follow them but was called by one of his rangers by the door. I went to my parents, dad put his arm around my shoulder. “Remember, do not get your hopes up.”

Elizabeth explained what was going on and came to be with me, followed by Cat and Sam. I grinned and kissed them. Sam went to my mother and held her hand, “if it can be done we will find a way.”

Mom hugged her, “sweetheart we have given up hope so this is for Michael.”

Elizabeth moved closer and took her hand, “I gave up hope and Michael still came for me. Cat and Sam have both despaired and are still here. I think those of us around Michael overlook his determination until he succeeds as he will again. I think I can regenerate your womb but I know a true healer can.”

She looked at me, “Michael thinks he could do the operation and a thing he only thinks he can do he always does. If Michael believes your womb can be repaired so you can have another child then I would tell you to have your husband start looking for a cradle.”

Mom smiled and looked at dad, “she does have a point. When Michael sets his mind he can be awful stubborn. He must get that from you.”

Dad grinned, “I will ask ... who was it? John, if he knows where I can find a cradle.”

She laughed and I smiled until I saw Samuel standing in the doorway. I crossed to him and brought him to meet my parents. I explained to him what I wanted and he sighed, “Michael I do not have that strong a gift.”

I looked at him and remembered my daughters linking to heal Summer this morning. I told Samuel and his eyes widened, “are you crazy? That much power could have killed you!”

I smiled, “you should know me by now. That was not anywhere near being that strong. But you are getting away from my question. Could you do it if they linked with you?”

He grinned wryly, “actually for something like this I would let Ginger lead and link with her. She has the more delicate touch as well as the power. So yes, I would do it.”

I looked at the door planning to send someone when Sam stopped me, “I will get them.”

She had just left when Aretha came in. It looked like he had just gotten dressed. I smiled, “I do hope you are letting Julianna rest.”

He grinned, “ever since she got pregnant we can not seem to get enough of holding each other.”

Mom laughed, “that happens to everyone.”

Aretha smiled and I introduced him to my parents and he bowed, “I am charmed to meet you. Everyone thinks he sprang out of the forge full grown.”

Dad and mom both laughed and I pulled Aretha to the display and showed him the problem. He frowned as he looked at the display and asked about the stomach muscles. I shrank the display and pulled up the muscles. He looked at it carefully and then asked mom if she would mind if he touched her.

Mom laid back and he moved to her side feeling her pelvis. He looked at the display and surprised me by taking control of the display and moved it through the layers of her body until he was back to the womb. He looked at me and smiled, “I like the way you made the display by the way. I assume you would like me to do it since it is your mother?”

I nodded and he looked at me, “can you afford my price?”

I smiled, “I can probably find enough to meet even your high prices.”

Aretha smiled, “that is good, but I do not want money. Julianna and I have been talking and we want a large family. We would like to come back after our child is born and have you help us conceive again.”

I smiled, “I would do that anyway.”

He smiled, “but we would feel in your debt.”

I shook my head, “I will help the two of you anytime. You can even ask my father about some of the fertility drugs that might help you.”

Aretha smiled, “then it is a deal. When do I start?”

I looked at the door as Sam led Ginger, Jen, Jessie and Cassie into the room, “how about now? Sarah can assist you with Cassie and Samuel will be with my daughters.”

He looked at me and frowned, “do not take this wrong Michael but you need to leave. This is something you do not need to see.”

I looked at him and dad touched my shoulder, “he is right. Go find something to work off your frustrations.”

I looked at mom and saw that she was a little scared, “mom, Aretha is the best. Samuel and my daughters will make sure nothing happens to you.”

Elizabeth and Cat pulled me gently from the room and Sam pulled the curtain over the door. I was standing in the hall and looked at Sylvan. Dad wanted me to work off some frustrations? “Okay, time for you to practice shooting. Sam, there is another case in the craft room with another hybrid. Would you get it please. Have someone help you and meet us on the other side of the bridge.”

I started off as she went up the stairs. I stopped at the desk with Mary, “Aretha is operating on my mother. When they are done send someone for me.”

I met John and Ann on the Bridge, looking at the sides. I stopped and John looked up with a smile, “what do you think? It is only wicker but it feels strong enough.”

I looked at it and pushed against it, “it should keep the kids from falling in. Do you know anyone that would not mind teaching them to swim?”

Ann smiled, “we talked to some of the homeless and as you can see (she pointed to the beach where several people were) they volunteered to help out.”

I nodded, “my mom is with Aretha and Samuel. Would you mind making sure a runner can find me?”

She looked at Cat and Elizabeth and then back to me, “of course.”

I looked at the rifle on John’s back, “may I borrow the rifle?”

He looked at it and then leaned in close to look into my eyes. He stood up straight and took the rifle off and handed it and the ammo pouch to me, “there are six more Saur just past the tower. I will get some people.”

As I stepped onto the other side Cynthia and Thomas came out of the grass. Cynthia looked up at me, “chosen? It will not help to kill the beasts in anger.”

I nodded, “I know that Cynthia but it will keep me from hurting someone.”

I heard her sigh, “when you are calmer I have something to tell you. I will wait by the small corral.”

I walked to the wood frame panels and took off my hybrid, “Cat you can start. Sylvan stand watch. Elizabeth watch what Cat does. One magazine Cat.”

I handed the hybrid to Cat who stopped for only a second. She checked it quickly like I had shown her, explaining what she was doing to Elizabeth. I do not know if our bond was helping her but she did really well. When she finished the magazine she put it on safe and handed it to Elizabeth.

I nodded for Sylvan, “like I showed you. Cat watch please, Elizabeth watch Sylvan.”

The next time around I had Elizabeth fire and she did as well as Sylvan. I turned as Sam came up with two men following her. I looked at her, she was wearing a vest and she was grinning, “the other hybrids were ready and these pistols too.”

I looked down to see her wearing one of the swat holsters with a long barreled Sparrow. I smiled, “do you remember how to shoot it?”

Sam grinned and nodded. I looked at Elizabeth, “these new weapons will need to be activated. I am going to the tower. One of you needs to keep watch while the others shoot. You can rotate keeping watch.”

I turned and walked quietly to the tower as I heard them talking. I breathed slow and looked out for the Saur. A shadow drifted over me and I looked up to see the Mair girl. She was leaning over from the under basket and waved at me from the long shadow of a blimp. I found the Saur and they looked restless as if something was behind them.

I could not see anything so I chambered a round and dropped the magazine to add another round. I looked at the big lizards and the rifle came up swiftly and I fired six times in a row. I doubt if it had taken me more than three seconds and six lives were gone as well as my anxiety. I felt a sense of loss for what I had done though.

Cynthia tickled my mind, “then come here and I will give you a target you will not regret killing. And chosen? Bring Sam.”

I blinked and turned to find John and two dozen men standing behind me. I quietly handed the rifle to John along with the pouch and he put his hand on my shoulder, “I could have told you but sometimes you have to find out for yourself.”

I nodded, “I am sorry John.”

He shrugged, “we can use the meat and Ann wants another try at your partner.”

I smiled and made my way back to my wives. I stopped when I reached them and Cat quietly handed my hybrid to me. I slipped it on and took a breath, “we need to go see Cynthia. She said she has something to tell me.”

Elizabeth looked down at Thomas sitting at her feet, “I do not know. Why don’t you ask your mother?”

I looked at Elizabeth and she reminded me of Simon and now that I thought about it, me. We crossed the bridge and found Cynthia sitting by the corral. I stopped and knelt down, “what is it my little lover?”

Cynthia purred but then stopped as she looked at the gate and I saw a wild looking stray standing there. She looked back at me, “chosen I seek justice for my kind and yours. There is a house where my kind are killed for sport. It is the same house your bondmate escaped from. Will you grant us your justice?”

I looked at the gate as I heard Sam growl. Gentle stood there with Paul and they had a curious expression on their faces. They crossed to us as I looked at Sam, “Sam?”

Cat and Elizabeth both stood with her and she looked at me and I saw fear and hate. I stood and went to her, “Sam? Ask me?”

She looked at me and nodded while whispering, “please?”

I turned to the cat by the gate, “you lead and I will follow.”

Gentle fell in with me as we started walking, “what is it? Someone called.”

I looked down at Cynthia trotting at my feet and then I looked at Gentle, “I have been asked for justice against people who have killed familiars.”

He shifted while in stride, “Michael there is nothing I can do about that.”

I looked at him and he stepped away, “how about the bastards that raped Sam as a child and still run a house of prostitution with children!”

Gentle lost a step, “that is a death sentence for anyone.”

I continued following the stray cat in front of me. Sylvan, Cat and Elizabeth stayed around Sam as we walked but I noticed more elves slipping through the crowd and more and more guards appearing to join us. Halfway across the city the stray stopped and seemed to point to a house standing by itself on a street that was quickly emptying.

I pointed to the building and let my anger have sway. The mage shield that sprang up around the building was red. No one would leave this building unless I let them. A guard lieutenant was hurrying towards us as I approached the door. He called out for us to wait but I raised my fist and brought it down with force.

The door splintered and the city guards began to enter. Sylvan was the last to enter behind me. I looked to the left and saw a group of young girls huddling together, the oldest no more then ten years old. A man appeared out of a door and charged at us suddenly. The bolt of lightning that hit him shocked me back to a calm state.

It had come from Sam and he had lit up for several seconds. When another man came out several guards got between us. It was plain to me that the guard did not intend to let anyone live to even stand trial. I knelt in front of the girls, “is there any more girls here?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.