A New Beginning - Cover

A New Beginning

Copyright© 2019 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 13: Drakes to the Rescue, Sam’s Story, Family’s Bath Time

I was headed towards the craftroom when I heard the commotion. I had just walked the grandparents out the gate. Cat and Sam had laughed and insisted that it was time Elizabeth had her therapy. They pulled her mock protesting form towards our room. The scream and shouting came from the bridge and before I knew it I was running.

When I got there I found the thirteen year olds looking over the side. One glance showed one of them flailing in the deep water below. I started striping my gear off and was knocked aside as Princess and Duchess bolted past. Not even slowing they disappeared over the side. Looking over the side I saw Princes come up underneath Jessie as Duchess swam along side, holding her up with her head.

When I saw they were headed for the beach I grabbed everything and ran. Sylvan was right behind me as I came out the door onto the beach. Dropping everything I continued to run into the water as the two drakes brought a coughing and shivering Jessie into the shallow water. I lifted her off Princess and carried her to shore in my arms.

Once on the shore I was surprised yet again as Sylvan took his shirt off to wrap her with it. We got as much water out of her lungs as we could. I nodded to my things as I started to lift her but Sylvan had a strange look on his face, “let me carry her.”

I handed her to him, “take her to the first room on the right inside the passageway.”

Gathering my things I followed after with the drakes following behind me. We were met by a hysterical Beth at the door, I calmed her and pulled her along. All the girls were outside the manor looking frightened. I saw one of John’s workers standing with them, “close the bridge. I want sides put up.”

He nodded and left heading for the bridge. I was going to send the other girls to Ann but remembered in time, “girls go find Margaret and help her.”

When I got to the room with Beth, Sylvan had already laid Jessie on the bed. I pushed Beth towards the bed and yelled for some help. One of the little Mair came running, “can I help?”

I looked down as I started pulling Jessie’s wet cloths off, “is Jen or Ginger here?”

The Mair nodded, “they are practicing with Samuel next door.”

I nodded, “go get Samuel.”

I looked up at Sylvan who was standing there staring in shock at Jessie, “Sylvan!”

He looked up and turned red before shaking himself, “what can I do?”

I nodded towards the bathing pool, “grab some towels.”

Jessie was crying quietly and coughing as Beth held her head and rocked back and forth with tears spilling from her eyes. Samuel, Jen and Ginger came in the door behind me, “what happened?”

I took some of the towels from Sylvan and started drying Jessie as I told him what had happened. Samuel moved to the bed and had me stand back as he held his hand over Jessie’s chest. He looked at me and then looked at Ginger, “Ginger come here.”

He talked quietly with her for only a moment and then placed Ginger’s hand under his. He looked at me, “there will be water coming out of her mouth and nose. Try to keep her airway open or she will choke.”

When their magic sprang up I felt Jessie answering with her own. Samuel cursed lightly and murmured something to Ginger. Water started pouring out of Jessie’s mouth and I quickly turned her head and tilted it as Sylvan started using the towel again. She coughed and gagged and the water slowly stopped.

Samuel looked back at Jen with a smile, “Jen come and join us.”

I raised my eyebrow and Samuel smiled, “my next student.”

I was not sure what he meant until I felt the healing magic again. This time Samuel did not try to stop Jessie’s magic and like the first time with Jen it spread through the room. When it faded Samuel sighed and he was not the only one. Jessie looked up at a tearful Beth, “mother?”

When I heard a faint stirring at the door I turned and found Princess and Duchess sitting just inside. I held my hand out and they came to me as I knelt, “I do not know if you understand me but thank you.”

The voice that spoke from the doorway was Rosie’s, “they understand. They want to see Jessie for themselves though.”

I smiled and moved forward. Putting my arms around Princess, I picked her up and moved to the bed. As we reached the bed she put her head on Jessie’s chest and we could hear a soothing croon coming from her. Jessie hugged her, “thank you Princess.”

I slowly set Princess down and picked up Duchess. This time instead of putting her head on Jessie chest she looked into her eyes as the crooning began. Rosie tittered from the doorway and when we looked she grinned, “Duchess told her no more jumping off the bridge.”

I smiled as I set Duchess down, giving each drake a loving caress. Rosie fidgeted, “can I take them with me? Virginia and Talia have a class so they can play with me.”

I grinned, “No more water for the day. Okay?”

Rosie grinned and nodded, she did not say anything only turned and ran off. The Drakes heard her though and turned quickly before they ran out after her. I looked at Samuel, “what do I owe you?”

He grinned, “this one is free but I think from now on I will start checking your ... daughters to see if they have the healing gift.”

I smiled and gave both Ginger and Jen a light kiss. After they left I looked at Beth and Jessie, “alright Jessie tell me what happened?”

Beth heard something in my voice and straightened. Jessie started trembling, “I did not mean to fall off.”

I sighed and held her hand, “if I have to punish any of you girls it will not be with a beating. I think the most severe punishment would be a swat on your butt. Punishment can be anything from extra classes with Jeremy to working in one of the kitchens as a helper.”

I felt her relaxing and I glanced at Beth before continuing, “what just happened was that you scared me and your mother. I think you just convinced me to start mandatory swimming classes for you girls. Now go with your mother and put some dry clothes on.”

As she was getting off the table Beth stepped close to me looking into my eyes as if searching. Quietly she whispered, “I do not think you could even swat her on her butt.”

She kissed me softly and turned to take Jessie’s hand. After they had left I turned to Sylvan with a frown only to see him staring at the empty doorway. I cleared my throat, “come with me Sylvan.”

I grabbed my gear and headed for my room with Sylvan trailing along behind me. I had forgotten that Sam and Cat had brought Elizabeth up to the room. When I came in Cat was sitting beside them sharpening a knife and Sam was curled half on top of Elizabeth. I crossed to the bed and gently pulled the sheet over Sam and Elizabeth.

I set my gear on one of the tables as Cat whispered, “you are wet.”

I nodded as I took my shirt off and turned to Sylvan who had stayed in the doorway, “what happened?”

I did not raise my voice but I did not whisper either. Sylvan hesitated and then walked in until he stood in front of Cat, looking her in the eyes, “I do not know. When I saw her I knew I had to help her. When we undressed her it was like I was in a dream.”

He looked at the floor, “I knew she was only a child but something in me made me desire her as if she were a woman grown.”

He looked back into Cat’s face, a face that had hardened, “it was not a desire of the flesh though. It was more...”

He turned to look at me, “I am not one to prey on children!”

Thinking of all the bonds that had formed here I walked closer. I saw Elizabeth’s and Sam’s sleepy eyes open and watching as I came to a halt in front of him, “can you tell me how one checks for a life bond?”

His eyes went wide and I saw Cat start. Sylvan stuttered, “but it can not be. She is only a child.”

I looked at Elizabeth who looked back intently, “you could stroke the bond as Julianna did to us?”

I shook my head, “that would make the bond more active, wouldn’t it?”

She nodded, “who is he bonded to?”

I looked at Sylvan, “Jessie.”

In a low voice I heard Sam, “Elizabeth’s granddaughter, Jessie?”

He answered softly, “yes.”

Sam sat up causing the sheet slip off of them, “Jessie is only thirteen.”

Sylvan slowly sank to Cat’s feet, “I know.”

I could see a haunted look in Cat’s eyes as she sank to face him, “Sylvan you will not harm this girl.”

She reached out and lifted his head and I heard the sheet rustle. Sam climbed out of bed to walk across to Sylvan and kneel beside him. I could see a slight tremor as she turned his head so that he was looking into her eyes, “Sylvan you are a good man. You must not harm Jessie.”

She took a breath and looked at me with pleading eyes as if asking for understanding. She looked back at Sylvan, “if it gets too bad and you do not think you can take any more come to me.”

Sylvan looked at her and started to speak when Cat reached out and made him look at her, “come to us!”

The sheet rustled again as a visibly shaking Elizabeth made her way to Sylvan and knelt beside Sam, “Sylvan, I ... come to any of us.”

He looked into their faces and nodded, “I need to think.”

Standing he made his way to the door. I heard him stop just outside as all three of my loves knelt on the floor with their heads down waiting. I sighed and knelt between Cat and Elizabeth, they still did not look at me. I looked at Sam, “we know and have heard Elizabeth’s story. We have heard Cat’s story. Are you ready to trust us and tell yours?”

Cat and Elizabeth looked up at me and then at Sam. She kept her head down as she spoke, “I lied to you. That first time ... when I said I needed to learn. I already knew about sex.”

She took a breath and started as tears fell from her eyes. That made both Elizabeth and Cat start to go to her but for some reason I stopped them. I did not think the time was right ... yet. Sam almost whispered, “when I was about six I woke to men in the house yelling and smoke was everywhere. I was carried out and left in the street in front of the house. A man came while everyone was running around in the house and he took me.”

Her voice broke, “He said to make me safe. He brought me to his house and as soon as we were there he ... he raped me.”

Her voice lowered, “again and again and again.”

I stopped the girls from going to her again and they looked at me angrily but froze as they saw the tears spilling down my face as Sam continued, “the next day he took me to a house that specialized in sex with little girls ... I was there for four years until another fire started.”

The way she had said that made my heart wrench in my chest and I knew it was almost time to go to her, “Sam how did the fire start?”

She was a long time in answering, “I could not take it anymore and broke a lamp. I just wanted it to end.”

She broke into heart rending sobs and I released the girls and moved to her, pulling her into my arms to cry against my chest, “hush my Sam. It is over and you are with us now.”

Cat and Elizabeth were both hugging her and crying and it was several minutes before her tears slowed, “I was carried out by some men that had been passing by the house. I ran then, I was raped twice more before I got the idea to cut my hair so that I would look like a boy. I begged on the streets and ate out of the trash for several months before I ever stole anything. I joined the guild and they trained me. Then there was a day a strangely dressed young man came.”

Sam looked up at me and hit me lightly in the chest, “he caught me and to make it worse he knew who and what I was and said it out loud. He asked the strangest questions and seemed to not know the simplest of things. To make my shame worse he had me take him to the rich quarter market and I watched him walk across the square and back.”

She looked at Elizabeth and Cat, “he stole a dozen purses and I did not even see him do it! Then he had me take him to an inn. I thought he was going to rape me after that but he did not. He took me shopping and had me show him an empty estate. That evening when we returned to the inn I again thought he would take me but he just sat and told me to go bathe.”

She smiled, “when I came back into the room I was still worried but he only stood and left the room to have his own bath. After dinner we returned to the room and he said that we needed to rest and again I thought ... but he only slept.”

Sam again looked at Cat and Elizabeth, “that night we robbed a merchant and I had never seen anything like the amount of loot we got away with.”

I saw Elizabeth eyeing me and Sam continued, “when we returned to the inn it was early morning. Michael pulled me back into the room, my muscles were so sore I could not have done it by myself. Then he scared me, he told me to take off my shirt and I just knew he was going to ... but he did not. Instead he laid me on the bed and started rubbing my sore muscles.”

Sam smiled gently, “I fell asleep and he covered me with a blanket before going to sleep beside me. The next morning we bought a burned out house and went to get our loot. After buying a horse and wagon we headed for the rest of our loot and our new home. Along the way we had to go through the bond district and heard of a merchant selling a Mair.”

She grinned and looked at Cat, “Michael did not know what a Mair was and did not believe me so I made him stop. We went in and he asked to see her and while we waited he spoke to one of the bonded that was in a cage near us. When the merchant brought the Mair out I could tell Michael was intrigued but I do not think it was in a sexual way.”

She shook her head, “it was as if he was curious about her. When he asked the merchant what would happen to her and the merchant told him she would more than likely be sent to a house of prostitution. He looked at me and I could see not desire but something like distaste for what he had heard. He even sighed as if resigning himself to a burden. He bought her and the bonded family.”

Sam looked back at me with a smile, “a block away from the merchant he shocked me with something he did as casually as if it were nothing. I saw something in his eyes that made me think he was holding back his anger.”

She looked Elizabeth, “he snapped the chains on John and his family as if they were made of clay and not iron. He gave their bond back to them and offered to share with them what we had. I asked Cat’s name and she told us.”

She looked lovingly at Cat, “you told me you would not leave.”

She laughed as she looked at me, “the look on your face was so resigned as if you were accepting a punishment. You took us shopping and all day you worked beside us, you always seemed to know when one of us needed help.”

Sam looked at Cat, “that night when you said you were going to make love with him because you wanted to and refused to hear his protests I realized that I wanted to be with you and him.”

She looked at Elizabeth, “by the time you came into my life they had taught me that sex is not the same as love. I was attracted to you from the first time I saw you, that first kiss ... it was like you came into me and I went into you but it was more. It is like I can not get enough and each time is different and the same.”

She looked back at me and put her head down against my chest, “I am sorry Michael. When I heard Sylvan talking about Jessie...”

I gave her a squeeze before looking at the doorway, “did you hear Sylvan?”

I do not know if the girls heard it but a quiet yes came from the hall. I nodded as the girls looked at the doorway, “do you understand why they want to protect Jessie?”

Sylvan stepped into the doorway, “I understand. I will not dishonor their offer.”

As he turned and walked quietly down the hall I stood and held my hand out to help my wives stand. I kissed Sam deeply and felt her womb. I smiled as I felt my child growing inside her. She pushed me back, “what are you smiling like that for?”

I laughed and pulled her into a tighter embrace as I kissed her again, “because love, you are pregnant.”

Sam gasped, “pregnant!”

Cat and Elizabeth laughed and started hugging her. I turned and kissed Cat and as I started moving towards the bed I removed the light dressing gown she wore. As we reached the bed and I laid her down she laughed at me, “you are being sneaky again. If you want check to see if I am pregnant to just say so.”

I laughed and kissed her, “may I?”

She pulled my hand to just above her womb and I felt within. I grinned as Elizabeth and Sam joined us. Elizabeth kissed Cat and looked at me, “well?”

I nodded, “Cat is pregnant too.”

Elizabeth and Sam kissed her and she laughed before pushing them gently away, “how many?”

I bent and gave her a deep and passionate kiss before whispering, “three.”

I felt her arms tighten and when she spoke to me I could hear the laughter in her voice, “a son?”

I laughed as I stood, “even I have to wait to find out that.”

As I picked up my gear and a dry shirt Elizabeth called from the bed, “come to bed with us?”

I smiled happily, “tonight.”

Sam sat up, “but...”

I laughed, “I can not get you anymore pregnant and I think you need their love right now to soothe you and to comfort you. Do not spend too much time though. I will be waiting for you in the craftroom.”

Elizabeth laughed as she was pulled from one side by Sam and then from the other by Cat. I picked up the cases holding the modified White Hawks. Slipping my shirt on I went into the hall. I stopped to put my things back on. On the fourth floor landing I found Sylvan standing as if listening.

I watched him for a moment before touching him on the shoulder, “come along squire,”

At the hallway into the little girl’s room I heard Amanda and Theresa and they did not sound happy. I went down the short hallway and into the nursery with Sylvan following. In the nursery I found not only Amanda and Theresa but Beth and Ginger too and they had a lost look. I sat next to them, “you girls have not seen your mother today?”

Amanda looked at me and it almost seemed as if she were angry, “mother is with you now.”

I looked at her, “and you are angry and feeling a little lost, not sure what to do.”

They nodded and I thought for a minute, “I think perhaps putting you in charge of all the children was a bit premature. Even though you are much older than I you have not had a chance to have your own childhood. In many ways your growth has been held in check. It is time you started learning what love is and family.”

I glanced at Sylvan, “tonight, one hour after class finishes have one of the older girls come and watch the little ones except your sisters. You will bring them and Jen and Cassy to our room with robes and a towel.”

I stood and started to turn but stopped, “maybe a hair brush too.”

As Sylvan and I left I could hear them whispering and Sylvan looked at me, “what is it you are going to do?”

I looked at him and smiled, “teach them about family and sharing their love.”

I saw his look and smiled, “so you have brothers and sisters Sylvan?”

He shook his head, “no. My parents have tried but I have no siblings.”

As we entered the craftroom I nodded, “that seems to be a common problem with elves. The next time you see your parents tell them to come see me.”

He looked at me as if I were crazy. I smiled as I crossed to an area of the room that looked like it did leather work, “I have helped another elf couple conceive and they told me that your birth rate was down. I did not specialize in that type of medicine but I did learn some.”

He stood beside me as I set the case down and pulled a sheet of parchment to me, “you think you could help my people?”

I looked up into his serious face, “Yes. Well maybe. It depends on what I find as the overall problem.”

As I sketched a brace for Sarah he was silent. One of the craftsmen spoke as I was finishing, giving Sylvan a start as the voice came out of the air behind him, “Master? Two of the hybrids are ready.”

I turned to see the two cases floated up to me, “Craftsman? Do you have the list I asked for?”

A piece of parchment floated up to me, “Yes Master.”

I looked at it and absently told them, “thank you. Oh, this sketch needs to be done please.”

I looked up at an amused Sylvan, “courteous to spells?”

I smiled, “it did not cost me anything and they are courteous to me.”

I took the cases and set them on the table, “you can give me back my rifle now.”

I opened the case to show the new hybrid to him, “I was going to give these to someone else but I think they can wait.”

Sylvan handed me the one he had been carrying and picked the new one up. He handled it like I had shown him and in only moments had its sling on. He slung it under his arm I turned back and started drawing. I drew a swat style holster for the modified White Hawk as well as a combat vest to hold the magazines for the hybrid.

I finished quickly and gave it to the craftsmen and told them I needed two of the holsters and four of the vests. One sized to fit Sylvan and the other three to fit their mistress. They surprised me with the brace for Sarah, “you finished quickly thank you.”

I heard Cat and Sam as they brought a laughing Elizabeth into the room. Sylvan reached for his sword but I put my hand on his arm, “she can not see it.”

Elizabeth had another strand coming from below her breast. Cat gave me a warning look as she brought Elizabeth towards me. As they got closer Sylvan stepped back and I wrapped myself in a shield. She came into my arms laughing, “they wore me out.”

I laughed with her and wrapped the strand in a shield. I moved and sat her on the stool and started kissing and nuzzling her as I reached into her body. I glanced up at Sam and reached up to touch my sword and she nodded as she eased her own out. I went back to kissing Elizabeth gently, I had to be careful to not get her aroused only relaxed.

The head of the strand was very large and did not want to release her but gently and with patience I worked it loose. As the last bit came free I pulled it from her. It screamed and I tossed it away from us. As I spun away from Elizabeth I call out, “Sam protect her.”

Cat and Sylvan both stepped in front of me as the spell coiled and screamed again. I heard Elizabeth gasp as she saw the size of the spell. It had grown even larger since I had removed it and was easily eight feet long and as big around as my thigh. Cat and Sylvan split and it started making mock strikes at them.

I had enough and became angry, “step away!”

Cat looked at me and then stepped back quickly. Sylvan’s glance brought the same response as I wrapped my shield around myself and walked towards the spell. When I was still four or five feet away it struck, when it hit my shield it stuck fast. I reached out in a quick strike of my own and held it by what I thought of as its throat.

I growled as my sword came out of its sheath and around in an arc that took the end off. Tossing the rest down as I heard, “what the...”

As the spell faded away I was already turning to Elizabeth, “Elizabeth?”

Sam stood in front of her with her sword drawn. She had just started to lower it as I passed her and reached Elizabeth side. Her face was dead white as she looked at me, “that thing could have...”

I stopped her by kissing her passionately and then pulling back, “no. That was why Cat and Sam were with you.”

I felt Cat and Sylvan close with Sam as Elizabeth tried to continue, “but they could have...”

I stopped her again, “Elizabeth unlike you they can see the spell strands. They brought you here to me.”

She looked at me and I could see she was calming, “but I saw...”

I shook her gently, “Yes you saw it after it was out of your body.”

I felt it when Artimas stopped behind Sylvan and Cat, “Elizabeth?”

She looked over my shoulder, “father?”

I looked back as Artimas squeezed through Cat and Sylvan, “Elizabeth what was that? That was not one of the spell strands was it?”

I could see tears in her eyes as I moved aside and she went into his surprised arms, “yes.”

He looked at me and I realized there were more mages at the door. I looked and Edward and Nathen were in the front of the crowd that had been working on the new building. Nathen shook himself, “we felt the magic here. It was very powerful and one we did not know.”

Artimas turned to face me, “I thought when I saw that other realm creature that it came from there.”

Cat shook her head, “it was Michael.”

Sylvan nodded, “I have never seen such or heard of such before.”

I looked at them as Sam stepped close and held my arm, “love you glowed red like anger itself.”

I nodded, “Yes I was a little upset.”

Sylvan laughed and it seemed to break the tension, “if that was only upset I do not want to be around when you get angry.”

When the mages finished laughing they started breaking up and leaving. I turned back to Elizabeth as she was stepping away from her father, “I feel better now father.”

He looked at her and stepped back with a resigned sigh. It was at that time that I thought of her daughters, “Artimas what are you and Edward doing tonight?”

He looked at me and then at Edward, “me? Nothing why?”

I looked at Edward and he cleared his throat, “spending the evening with my wife and son.”

I looked at them and then back to Elizabeth, “I would like to invite you to something we will be starting to help both Elizabeth and her daughters.”

Artimas looked at Elizabeth and then at me, “dinner?”

I laughed as I took a smiling Elizabeth into my arms and held the other one for Cat and Sam, “if you stay or get here before my classes.”

I looked at Edward, “how old is your son?”

He smiled, “grown and out on his own. If it is to help Elizabeth they will understand.”

I shook my head, “no Edward, you do not understand. This is to help her daughters understand about family and the love they share. For Elizabeth it is to help her become a mother. I know she has had many children but she has not had the chance to have a family and to raise them. To share with them and to listen to them as they share with her. It is also a time for her to be with you and share with you.”

Edward looked at me for a long minute before nodding almost to himself, “I will bring Selina and send for Elliot.”

Artimas held his arm out for Cat, “come granddaughter, you can walk me to the kitchen. I think your lovers would like talk to each other about this and you can help me find out if we will have some more of that nice Saur.”

She looked at him and then at Sam. She nodded to Sam before taking his arm, “well grandfather ... actually it is great granddaughter which is a mouth full. Why not call me by my name. Cat.”

Artimas laughed, “Cat it is.”

As they left the room I looked at Elizabeth and Sam and Sylvan cleared his throat, “I will just...”

I laughed, “not this time oh fearful prince and I want you to come also.”

Sam hit me on the shoulder, “you could have asked us first.”

I looked at her, “this was not just for Elizabeth.”

I looked to the side and sat pulling both girls next to me, “I wish Artimas had not left with Cat.”

Elizabeth and Sam both looked at me but it was Sylvan that asked, “you wanted to tell them about your world?”

I looked at him, “about my world no, about my life yes.”

“What is it Michael?”

I looked at the door and Cat was standing there. I smiled and held my hand out for her. Artimas stepped back into the doorway and I laughed, “you to old mage.”

Cat stopped in front of me and I pulled her into a kiss before looking around, “I was born into a middle income family. My father was a half breed and an outcast so he became a doctor. My mother had problems during my birth so I was an only child.”

I looked at Sylvan, “I was smart, very, very smart. Because of that the other kids picked on me...”

I snorted, “they used any chance to pick fights. My parent started me on martial arts by the time I was six. They spent most of what they made on my education. The neighborhood I lived in was probably more dangerous than anywhere in this whole city. Because I was so smart and refused to join any gangs I had no friends accept my grandfather and when he could my father.”

I smiled as I remembered, “they taught me that what mattered was family. At my grandfather’s urging my father tried to get me involved by teaching me to shoot. I became very good and not many people want to make friends with a child that can out do them. That was the way it was growing up, always alone.”

I looked at Sam, “my life was not as full of horror as yours. I was only alone and not abused.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.