A New Beginning - Cover

A New Beginning

Copyright© 2019 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 11: Justice for Cassy, Cat’s Secret and an Elf Conceives

We crossed the bridge together and found a smiling Elizabeth with Ann and Margaret. Elizabeth explained that she had created a freezer. I gave her a hard look and she blushed, “Okay, I did not create the freezer. Beth and Theresa did the magic.”

As we were walking to look at the room Ann linked her arm with mine, “I made a deal with your partner for several hundred weight of the Saur meat. The dwarf with him distracted him and I got a really good price out of him.”

I laughed, “serves him right.”

The room was one of the large ones in the manor. As soon as we walked in the room my breath condensed in front of me. Elizabeth explained that they had trapped ice elementals in the stones of the walls. They were bringing the Saur meat into the room and stacking it. I told Ann she would have to ask John to have shelves built in the room.

As we left the room Sam pulled a laughing Elizabeth towards the door down to the river. I turned to go check on Sarah myself when I felt the wave of magic sweep over me. I knew it was from Cat’s sword. I thrust the big rifle at Ann and yelled, “Cat!”

Sam spun towards me but I had already started running for the passageway up to the Keep. People were jumping out of my way as I went through the doorway in a sprint. By the time I reached the top floor I was exhausted. I just ignored it as I dodged several girls in the hall and ran for the stairs up to the stables.

As I came out of the stairs I saw Cat fighting with a drow. I watched as she blocked and spun away, slicing the drow yet again. It looked like she was playing with him. He was bleeding from a dozen deep cuts. As I watched her I began to relax and lowered the hybrid. I bent slightly, catching my breath from my run up the stairs.

Again the drow struck and then lunged. Cat blocked and stepped out of line with him, spinning around the blade came to a sudden stop at the drow’s neck. A thin line of blood was forming at the edge of the blade. I walked forward as I heard her, “Ilith tell the Ardan that if he wants me dead he can come himself unless he is afraid to face his own daughter.”

I heard Cassy cry from the front of the keep, “Kill him!”

I glanced back to see James standing with her by the door. She started coming towards us, her face white in fear and anger, “what is it Cassy?”

She looked at me, “He is the one that raped me.”

I looked at the drow who glanced at her and smiled. It only took two steps to reach him and I struck him in the face with my fist. He dropped to the ground as if stunned, his sword spinning out of his hand. I looked around and saw two city guards inside the gates coming towards us. I waved to them, “if you could assist us officers.”

I had to physically hold Cassy away from the drow. She had pulled a knife from somewhere and I carefully took it away from her. Jeremy, Elvan, James and several men arrived and helped the guard restrain the drow. When I finally calmed Cassy and moved her away from the drow I got her to look at me, “Cassy? You said that this is the drow that raped you? Are you sure?”

Her eyes seemed to focus on me finally and she nodded, “yes. I will never forget him.”

I looked at the guards holding the drow as even more people began to arrive, along with more guards. An idea came to me then, one that was both abhorrent and at the same time seemed right. I signaled a new guard that was approaching, “officer I need you to witness.”

The guard looked at me in surprise and approached us as I turned back to Cassy, “Cassy I have stated openly that I have adopted you. Do you accept this?”

She looked at me confused but nodded as Sam appeared beside her, “Yes.”

I smiled, “then Cassy White Hawk I ask you in front of witnesses. Do you accuse this drow of rape?”

She looked at me trying to understand what I wanted but answered angrily, “yes. He raped me.”

I looked at the guard, “you witnessed her accusation?”

The guard nodded and I raised my eyebrow, “verbally please.”

He turned red, “yes I witnessed her accusation.”

I looked back to Cassy, “Cassy White Hawk are you asking for justice from me as City Magistrate?”

Her eyes opened wide, “yes Father.”

I looked at the guard as another joined him. I saw the surprise and understanding cross his face, “I witnessed her request for judgment.”

I motioned to the other guard, “stay here with my daughter.”

The guard I was using as my witness followed me to the struggling drow. He snarled at me as I stepped up to him, spitting in my face. I ignored this as two of the men holding him struck him. I wiped my face and looked at the drow, “you have been accused of rape. What do you say?”

He looked at me with hate in his eyes before looking at Cassy disdainfully, “I took what I was given. If she did not want me she should have tried harder to stop me.”

I looked at the guard who nodded, “I witness his statement of guilt.”

I looked at the drow, “statements have been given by both parties. I find you guilty. If you had property here I would have it seized and you bonded. I do not think that will work so it will be something more drastic. You will be castrated, your hand will be broken with a hammer. You will be branded and stripped to be walked around the city before being taken out one the city gates. If you return to the city your life will be forfeit.”

The drow started struggling harder and I reached out to grasp his throat, “for what you have done to my daughter I should have killed you.”

I stepped back and looked at the guard, “this case and my ruling needs to be given to sergeant James.”

I looked at Sam who was holding Cassy, “I need my small surgical kit and one of John’s hammers.”

I looked at the men holding the drow, “put him on the ground.”

I looked at Cassy and the guard with her, “please come here.”

When she reached me she was still angry, “I am sorry I could not kill him. The city does not have that as a punishment for rape. If you can stand it I want you to witness his punishment.”

I saw several girls crowded around the doors and windows of the Keep. When I saw Ginger I waved for her to come to me. A minute later she was there, “I am going to ask you to do something that is normally against a healer code.”

I gestured at the struggling drow on the ground, “this drow was the one that raped Cassy. He will be castrated and his hand broken. After I break his hand I want just the bones in his hand to be partially healed. Can you do that?”

I could see the anger in her eyes, “you want me to Heal him?”

I looked her in the eye, “I want you to partially heal the bones in his hand yes. Any attempt to heal them after we let him go will have to include cutting his hands open and rebreaking the bones like we did with Sarah.”

A look of understanding came over her face. Glancing at a smiling Cassy, “I will do as you ask...”

She smiled at me, “father.”

I looked at Cat who had moved away to put distance between herself and the drow, “Cat?”

I beckoned to her and when she reached me I pulled her into a tight embrace, “you scared me.”

She held me tightly and murmured in my ear, “I was not going anywhere love.”

When we stepped apart I saw Sam approaching with my kit, “did you want to stay for this Cat?”

I saw something deep in her eyes as she replied quietly, “Yes.”

I accepted the kit from Sam and went to the struggling drow. Kneeling I pulled my slim dagger. With quick cuts I removed his pants. I opened my kit and took out a disinfectant paste I had made. I smeared it around his testicles and using a scalpel I cut him open. As he screamed I cut the testicles off.

I looked at Ginger, “I need a little mage help here.”

She knelt beside me as I pointed to his blood vessels, “I need fire here to seal these blood vessels.”

The drow screamed louder as white hot flames enveloped his groin. As she stood I stopped her and held out my long knife with the back of the blade towards her, “if you can heat the tip of the blade without setting my hand on fire?”

She smiled and murmured something at the blade and the tip started glowing red. I moved around until I was by his head as two of the men held it still. I branded a large R into his forehead. Closing my kit I stood, “stand him up.”

I looked at Sam, “the hammer Sam.”

John broke in, “Michael I will do this.”

When I looked at him his face was grave, “are you sure John?”

He nodded as he took the hammer, “this drow has to pay for what he did. He should know that it is not only you that think this.”

We moved the drow next to the wall. It took three men to put his hand on the wall. John looked at him, “bastard this is for Cassy!”

I could tell the blow that landed shattered the hand. As he screamed and passed out I had Ginger approach and partially heal the hand. Stepping back I gestured to the guard, “strip him and take him through the city before you send him out the east gate.”

They stripped him and slapped him awake before tying his hands and forcing him to walk in front of them. As they went out the gate I thanked the men that had helped and turned to go to Cassy. Elvan and James approached and when they reached us I had stopped in front of her. Elvan cleared his throat, “someone said that drow was sent by the Ardan?”

I looked at Cat, remembering my talk with Jen earlier, “Cat?”

Her look was guarded, “yes the Ardan sent him.”

Elvan looked at her, “why would the Ardan send someone to kill you?”

Cat did not answer, only looking at me with pleading eyes. I nodded and looked at Elvan, “you can ask your questions later. Right now we have some family business to talk about.”

James blurted, “you do not understand. The Ardan is the leader of the drow. If he wants someone dead then it is the business of the elves.”

I smiled at him, “you are slipping James, patience. It does not matter right this second if it is an elf matter. For me my family comes first. Besides, as a bonded you have to bring this through your bond master and he can bring it to me.”

I stopped him from speaking, “go get Samil. If it is as important as you say then ask your father to come see me.”

I looked at Elvan, “before you say anything, you need to come with me. There is something you need to hear.”

James looked at me for a second but I shook my head, “go James. My family comes first for me as yours would for you.”

He looked thoughtful and nodded as he turned and trotted out the gate. I thanked Ginger and sent her back to the children she had been watching. Gathering Sam, Cat and Cassy I turned for the stairs, “come along Elvan. You are almost family.”

I heard a laugh as he fell in behind us. Sam glanced at me, “he is?”

I smiled at her, “Jen?”

Her eyes widened and I heard Cat chuckle, “he chased her and chased her, until she caught him.”

It was from the Legate’s story and Elvan laughed behind her, “I heard that.”

Cassy was quiet as we walked. On the fourth floor of the passageway I surprised them by turning towards the craftroom. When we came into the room I stopped and had everyone but Cassy wait. I led her across the room to the forge. When we reached it I stopped her and reached into a pocket and pulled out a piece of folded gauze.

I unfolded it and showed Cassy the drow’s testicles. Opening her hand I placed them on her palm, “you were too involved for me let you do anything to him, that was why I had Ginger do the magic. This is for you to do, throw them in the forge.”

She looked from her palm to me. I saw a glimmer of satisfaction in her eyes as she turned to the forge and flung them into its heat. Even before they struck I felt her magic as it struck it. There was a blinding flash of heat and light. Cassy turned back and she had a smile on her face as she hugged me, “thank you.”

When she stepped back I tilted my head towards the door, “why don’t you go help Ginger with the children?”

She nodded and I gave her a squeeze and then we went back to the others. As we were walking down the hall I glanced at Elvan, “do you know where Jen is?”

He nodded, “I sent her to Elizabeth when I saw you running for the passageway.”

We made our way slowly down and out of the passageway. When we reached Elizabeth’s room we heard several voices inside. I opened the door and walked in. Elizabeth stood frozen, she had been changing and stood naked. I smiled and told Amanda and Theresa who had been with her that we needed to talk to her alone.

Jen stood but I gestured for her to sit. When Elizabeth came unfrozen and started to cover herself I stopped her, “I do not think so Elizabeth.”

I crossed to a chair and sat as her daughters left. I held out my hand, “come sit on my lap. You do not have to worry, Sam and Cat are here to protect you.”

She stood frozen for a second and then she smiled as she walked to me, “looking for another wife?”

Sam and Cat laughed as I helped her onto my lap, “was that an offer we heard?”

She looked into my eyes and could feel how tense she was, “maybe, and if it was?”

I smiled and hugged her, “then when we are done with this. Sam, Cat and I will sit with you and talk about it.”

She turned a little red, “do I have to give you children too?”

I had a feeling of delight and laughed as I hugged her, “I think you have given me enough children for awhile don’t you?”

She was still blushing but smiled and nodded, “In that case I think we do need to talk.”

By the time she was finished speaking Sam and Cat both had crossed the room and were hugging her. When they broke up I saw Jen smiling with Elvan sitting in a chair next to her holding her hand. I cleared my throat, “I hate to change this subject but we need to talk about something else.”

I looked at Jen, “I am sorry but they need to know what you told me. Do you want me to tell them?”

Her face turned white but she nodded. I looked around the room, “Elizabeth is the only one that did not see Jen when I found her. Her back had been whipped bloody. What she has not told you is why.”

I looked up at Cat holding one of Elizabeth’s hands and looked into her eyes, “Elizabeth has told you Jen had a twin. When they were growing up her twin let Antizel know she could do magic. When they were old enough he took Jen from her sister and raped her. When he knew she was pregnant he put Jen with her sister and they were back together for awhile. Antizel brought a drow into their room, it was Ardan...”

Cat started as I continued, “he started raping Jen’s sister and Jen attacked him. She took his knife and stabbed him. The last thing she remembers is the drow Ardan saying that he was taking her sister. He said that he was going to rape her until he got tired of her and then kill her.”

I glanced around the room as Elizabeth slid off my lap and went to help Elvan comfort Jen. I looked at Cat, “love I think you know the rest of this story.”

Sam moved to Cat hugging her. She sighed and I saw a haunted look in her eyes as they met mine. I smiled and held my arms for her, “the past is over. You know I will not let it happen again.”

She came into my arms with a quiet cry, “but it still hurts so much!”

There was silence in the room as I held her crying body. It was a few minutes later that she sat back. She caressed my face as if in wonder and looked at Jen, “Lisa is my mother, your sister. So far the Ardan has kept his word and has not tired of her. On their fifteenth birthday, she was brought to see her first daughters, twins. Ardan gathered a host of his followers and ordered them raped. It continued until they both died.”

She took a breath, “On my tenth birthday the Ardan came to my sister and I. He said it was time to start our training. That was the first time he raped us. His training continued for a year and then he started bringing others.”

Cat looked at me, half in fear, “Ilith was one of them, he took delight in tormenting us as we were used.”

My arms tightened around her when she continued, “Jillian was the first to become fertile. Ardan gave her to Ilith for a month and she became pregnant. The Ardan or one of his host leaders used me until she gave birth.”

Cat looked down, “the Ardan gathered a host again and had mother and I chained next to him. He brought Jillian out with her two baby girls. He had his guards hold them up and he said that Ilith had stained his bloodline. They laughed and he had the guards kill the babies before giving Jillian to the host to be raped.”

She was silent for a long time, “it was a long time before my sister died. The Ardan laughed and told my mother she still had me and her other two sets of brats. She was taken away and the Ardan was going to make me pregnant and then he had an idea. He was going to catch the elf prince and have him get me pregnant. He was going to make him watch as he killed my children in front of his host.”

Cat looked at me, “I was sent to an old mage who was going to summon a demon to catch the prince. He was going to enspell the prince to want me and then put us together. The mage was killed when the demon escaped and his apprentice sold me, not knowing the deal the mage had made with the Ardan.”

Elvan cleared his throat and when Cat looked at him he spoke, “I do not know that much magic but a demon can not just escape.”

She shifted on my lap as she looked at him, “they can if the circle containing them is broken.”

Elizabeth looked at her and I could see a smile behind her eyes, “a mage would not summon anything with the circle broken.”

Cat looked at her and I think she felt Elizabeth’s amusement, “he would if he did not know I had broken it.”

Elvan laughed and the rest of the room joined him. I hugged her tight against me, “oh my clever Cat.”

Jen was smiling at her, “do you know where my sister is?”

Cat nodded, “a day south of here. The Ardan likes to taunt the elves here.”

Jen looked at me with a pleading look, “father?”

I smiled a fey smile as I had Cat get off my lap. I stood and held my arms out to Jen, “it will cost you dear for this favor my daughter.”

As she came slowly into my arms she looked questioningly into my eyes, “what cost father?”

I smiled, “A kiss.”

As she smiled shyly I stopped her and whispered into her ear, “for Elvan. With as much caring as you can.”

She looked at me with another smile that was strangely tender. She laughed and hugged me, kissing me on the cheek. She turned to Elvan, “Elvan? Do you care for me?”

He was surprised and stood, ignoring everyone in the room. He stepped close to her, “I love you with all my heart. Is that enough?”

She smiled softly and held her arms out, “will you kiss me?”

He stepped into her arms and held her gently as they kissed. It was almost a minute before they stopped and when they did it was Jen that sighed. She looked into his eyes and laughed, “oh my Elvan, I did not know. I was afraid you would be like Him.”

Jen pulled him into another long tender kiss. I cleared my throat and they separated with Elvan blushing and Jen turning with laughing eyes. She pulled him to me and kissed me on the cheek again. I caressed her face, “it will take a few days to get some things together to go get your sister. I do not think Cat or Sam will let me run off until I have recovered either.”

I looked around the room, “this story needs to be kept quiet. We will only tell those that need to know. I do not want it spread to everyone.”

I smiled and gestured towards the door, “now Elvan, if you and Jen will excuse us. Elizabeth has something to discuss with us.”

As they left the room Elizabeth became nervous. I smiled as I put four chairs together facing each other. I held my hand out for her and sat her in the chair that would face me. I then sat both Sam and Cat and took my chair. I looked at Elizabeth who had started blushing and tried to cover herself.

I laughed suddenly and looked from Cat to Sam, “my loves, Elizabeth is the only one undressed. Would you mind joining her?”

Sam laughed as she stood with Cat to undress and Elizabeth blushed even more. When they were as naked as she was they sat and Cat poked me, “you too mister.”

I laughed and stood as I undid my weapons. Cat and Sam stood to help me and Elizabeth hesitated for only a minute before laughing. She stood to help me struggle out of my vest. When I was done and we had sat back down and I looked at her, “were you serious about wanting to be my wife?”

She was blushing again but nodded, “I have seen how gentle you are. I see you watching Sam and Cat when they are not looking. I think you would be even more protective if you thought they would let you.”

She glanced back and forth between Cat and Sam, “I enjoy watching Sam and Cat. They have something that attracts me.”

She looked at me and then at the floor, “I am older than you think. When Antizel ... when he first raped me I had just had my four hundredth birthday. I do not know if I would be able to even let you...”

I could see tears in her eyes, “I do not know if we would ever be able to consummate our union.”

When she stopped I looked at Sam first, “Sam?”

She leaned forward and lifted Elizabeth’s face so she could see it clearly, “we can consummate our union when we are all ready. Do you think about Michael or us when we are not there? Can you love all of us and not just one alone?”

Elizabeth looked into her face with tears slowly running from her eyes, “Yes.”

She paused and gave Sam a shy smile, “that was why I told my father about starting a school.”

I watched as she blushed, “I have thought about being with you and Cat both.”

Sam looked at me smiling and nodded. I looked at Cat and Elizabeth looked at her as well and Cat surprised her by standing and pulling her to her feet. Tenderly she embraced Elizabeth and kissed her deeply. Elizabeth groaned and the embrace seemed to tighten and linger as I smiled at her response.

When they stopped kissing Cat held her for a moment before whispering something and holding her hand out to me. I stood and Cat turned her to face me, “kiss my husband and lover.”

Elizabeth seemed flushed and only hesitated a moment before stepping into my arms. I held her loosely and kissed her as softly as I could. I thought it would only be for a moment. I felt something happen when we kissed though. It was as if something missing in me had fallen into place.

When we finally stopped she looked at me in surprise and leaned forward for another kiss. This time she groaned and pulled me tight against her. When we stopped this time she held me as she smiled a bright smile, “you finally came. I have been waiting so long for you.”

I caressed her and turned her gently to Sam, “once more love.”

Elizabeth did not hesitate as she held her arms out to Sam. As they stepped into each others arms Sam looked into her eyes and I saw her grin like an urchin as she kissed Elizabeth. This time it was Sam that groaned as the kiss turned into one of passion. When they stopped it was Elizabeth that held Sam as she tried to regain her senses.

I held my arm out for Cat and as she slipped under it, we joined Elizabeth in holding Sam. Finally they all looked at me, “I think we all know she belongs with us.”

Cat caressed me and looked at Elizabeth, “I need to go. I have to speak to Ann and John. With him poking us like he is it would be a good time for him to try to get Sam pregnant. Will you stay and help them?”

Elizabeth was strangely shy as she nodded and Cat kissed her. Sam was pulling me towards the bed as Cat hurriedly dressed and slipped out the door. It was forty minutes later when the banging on the door started. I was pulling on a boot and glanced at the bed as I hopped to answer it. Elizabeth and Sam lay together asleep with only the sheet I had pulled over them.

I pulled the door open quietly, “quiet.”

As I stepped into the hall still trying to pull my boot on I noticed Artimas, Edward and Janis frowning from the back of the crowd. The crowd in front of me though was made up of elves. It was made up of all the elves I knew, plus a few I did not. When I finished putting the boot on I stood and looked at them, “well?”

James’s father cleared his throat, “my son and master Samil have told us that you may know something about...”

I stopped him, “This hall is not the place to discuss this. I do not think you want him hearing about this.”

I saw Elvan at the back of the crowd, “why don’t you have Elvan show you to the grotto. I believe it is warded and we would not disrupt the rest of my household.”

They looked at each other and Teral spoke up from beside a young looking elf, “that sounds like a reasonable idea.”

From the way he and another elf beside the young elf behaved I knew they were protecting him. As Elvan led them off Artimas, Edward and Janis came closer. Artimas was frowning, “Amanda said you asked everyone to leave Elizabeth’s room.”

I grinned, “and I come out putting my boot on.”

He nodded as I opened the door quietly, “some of what you are thinking is true I guess. Come in but be quiet please.”

As I was stepping back into the room I stumbled to keep from stepping on one of the kittens that had walked in front of me with Cynthia and Simon following. I heard Edward and Janis hiss as they saw the bed. I walked quietly to the bed and a peacefully sleeping Elizabeth. As they entered behind me I heard them go quiet.

I kissed her softly and whispered, “love wake up. Your father is here and is ready to defend your honor.”

Elizabeth’s eyes opened sleepily, “Dad?”

I smiled and gave her another kiss, “I know you just got to sleep but perhaps you could rescue me?”

She smiled a lazy smile and reached up to caress my face, “it will cost you.”

I cupped her face, “and what would your price be my love?”

As she stretched the sheet started slipping and I caught it. As she pulled me close she whispered, “a kiss.”

The kiss seemed to stretch out and I slowly pulled back, “if you keep that up I will never get out of here and Sam is worn out.”

She smiled wickedly, “but Cat is not and she is not pregnant yet.”

I smiled and stood up as the kitten jumped onto the bed. I turned to my gear as Elizabeth looked at her Father, brother and uncle. Artimas stepped up to the bed, “Elizabeth, what... ?”

She stopped him with her finger across her lips as Sam murmured something in her sleep and tried to snuggle closer to her. Elizabeth looked at her fondly and looked back to her father with laughing eyes, “I did not think he would come. You told me so long ago that I stopped believing. I did not even recognize him. Why didn’t you tell me it was going to be like this?”

Artimas looked at her confused and she wiggled her finger for him to come closer. She whispered in his ear, “remember when you did the scrying for me. You told me that when we kissed it would seal me to him and to others you could not see.”

He stood and looked at her, “after what you have been through...”

She nodded smiling and looked at Edward and Janis, “do not worry father, Michael has not taken advantage of me. He has shown me love does not always mean sex. Yes he had sex, Sam and Cat are both trying to get pregnant after all. Sam did make love to me though and it was wonderful and I feel so much better.”

I saw them looking at each other as I fastened my vest and picked up my weapons, “go back to sleep Elizabeth. Classes will be in a little while and I will send Cat to get you.”

I gestured to the door and was halfway across the room when Cynthia called for me to wait. I looked back as the kitten sat on Elizabeth’s chest. A startled looked crossed her face as she looked at the kitten, “but...”

I laughed softly as Artimas blinked at her and then smiled, “remember Elizabeth? They do not give us much choice.”

Elizabeth frowned at him as the kitten slipped down her side and curled up. I felt Cynthia’s smugness as she walked out of the room ahead of me. When Simon brought Artimas out I could almost hear their polite argument about not telling him. I looked at Edward and Janis and could see their smiles.

I cleared my throat, “excuse me Simon but I still need to speak to him.”

I gestured for them to walk with me as I heard, “he is stubborn but if you tell him enough times it will sink in.”

I could see Janis and Edward hiding smiles and it was a moment before Artimas laughed and smiled. He looked at me, “are you going to explain now?”

I smiled back at him, “you will get some of the story when I talk with the elves. The part you want to know about started when I brought Cat and Sam to see Elizabeth and Jen. She had been changing and we interrupted her. A spur of the moment thought made me tell her not to dress and come sit on my lap. I was thinking it might help her get over her fear of men.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.